balling is life
Years ago

Gerald Brown - Wildcats new Import

Saw the Hawks v Wildcats game last night and man, the new Perth import is terrible. Not sure if it was his first game with them or what not, but he looks very slow with the ball, goes nowhere with his dribble on the pick and roll and shoots very flat. He didnt hit a Jumper all night!! I think his only points were on a layup and maybe from the line too. cant remember. But on several occasions when the dhot clock was winding down, he'd have the ball at the top and go nowhere with his dribbles and try some moves, and still have the defence in front of him, whilst throwing the ball away many times. I cant wait to see how long it takes for the 'Cats to get rid of him!!!!

Anyone else see this game?? Thoughts??

Topic #13264 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't see the game but thought his first-up stat line was pretty average. 1/9 FG in 21 minutes, five fouls and three turnovers.

Will take a few more games before we know if he's any good or if they might have to make another replacement.

Reply #154852 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, i reckon they woulda beat the Hawks with Phillips, and should of anyway, considering the Hawks are not a top level team and where missing a import.
I thought Phillips was doing ok judging by stats, must of been something happening behind the scenes for him to get sacked!

Reply #154856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawsk made all Perths players look second rate.
(bar Rogers in the first qtr.

new import brown is already flapping his wings ready for take off.
Played like he was coming out of retirement?

Vlahov and Fischer looked very angry after game.

Reply #155054 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWtBxCWKsrs

Rashad Phillips has some coments about his cutting from the Wildcats....

Reply #155081 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22657783-5005401,00.html

Quick story on his sacking and what he intends to do now.

Reply #155087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754