Dr Bullshit
Years ago

Its a shame it has to end like this Phil

Gotta go. Cant beat the new franchise at home with a 16 point lead? That just cant happen.

Topic #13269 | Report this topic

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

Have to agree with you Dr B... That was discraceful!

Reply #154926 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Considering we were almost up by 20 i gotta agree..

Reply #154929 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

ok we really needed to use that last 16 seconds to get a good look. instead Ng shoots a runner with 14 left. Was that Ng's decision or Smyth's? if it was Smyth i agree with u all.

Reply #154937 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

xztatik the point is the last 16 seconds should not have mattered a crap .

Reply #154939 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

pack your bags and leave via the rear door thanks Phil...

your services are no longer required.

Reply #154945 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Taxi for Smyth!!!!!!!!!

Reply #154946 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

any bets on what the lame arse excuses we are going to hear this week???

- Players got too relaxed at home after a long road trip...

- Sex before the game is a no-no...

- The rats farting changed a lot of shots...

- The crowd didn't bring us home...

- Our 'gelling' mix was quite right this week...

- We outright plainly suck...

- Car trip from the players home to the Dome was disrupted by traffic..

Reply #154947 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Everyone is right. I am one of the most negative people towards Smyth and didn't want to see him go like this after he has brought us 3 championships during his time here but unfortunately this is business and it is time to go. I am actually kind of glad we lost as I'd rather they start looking at the options of another coach as soon as they can instead of let it stretch out and then them deciding they will just wait till the end of the season.

We must appreciate the championships and quality he has given us during 80% of his time here and obviously he should be more then proud of his coaching for us. However, it is time to bite the bullet and resign

Reply #154948 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Isaac, hope you have a spare server or whatever you use for this site.... I have a feeling it's going to go into meltdown over the next few days.

Reply #154951 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

I guess the Blaze didn't need that 10 point lead down the stretch hey Phil?

Reply #154954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smyth will coach out the season.

Reply #154955 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Some of you idiot need to just shut up.

Phil Smyth will not be fired before the end of the season because the Adelaide 36ers or at very least Mal Hemmerling will show him that much respect.

I like 99% of other people who post on this forum have no idea what will happen next year but I do know Phil Smyth will not go before the end of the season unless its at his own request.

Reply #154956 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

dont let the door hit you on the way out phil

Reply #154959 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

It's called grammar....use it please Joe M ffs

Reply #154962 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Joe M whatever you have been smoking, Smyth hopes Hemmerling is having the same stuff :P Sorry bit of a bad joke but anyway at the end of the day this is a Business you don't win friends with Salad! I'm surprised the wheels haven't been in motion until now but let me assure you they are in motion now. In no way is it set but the seed has been planted a few more results will decide when it will happen.

Joe M do you actually get free tickets to the games? Because I actually pay for my ticket and don't deserve to see that rubbish out there for the money I pay.

Reply #154963 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Great to see you again Joe - your invauluable input has been greatly missed over the last few months - hope you can provide some more of the quality we started to become accustomed too from you!

Have you caught up with Johnny L recently?

Reply #154964 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Whilst it was hard to hear, prior to the game starting, there wereinterviews up on the big screen with Dench and Breheny. What I did hear was them talking about the same old 4 games in 11 days and the big travel problems they had going to Townsville. WE ARE SICK OF EXCUSES!!!!!
And as far as the idea that Smyth will last the season, then neiher will the fans. There simply will be stuff all people there, simple as that. Why would you want to see the worst team in the competition play?!
In respect to that shot of Ng's too, bear in mind that we had called a time out to make that play.
And what about the way that Coach Joyce was firing up his players while our guy was sitting there once more like the proverbial stale bottle.
Is it possible to obtain a refund of gold tickets for the remainder of the season?

Reply #154966 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

MW  still won't change any of the fact. Phil will be coach of the 36ers for the entire season. Like it or not some of you idiots should just shut up because that's all you are.

Dead set idiots. .

Reply #154967 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Call me out when he is fired; I know it will be a long season but he will not be sacked.

Mike Chappell will go before Phil does.

Reply #154971 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If Phil had any respect for the franchise he'd fall on his sword and leave for the better of the program.

All he's doing is collecting his paycheck. I see nothing positive or constructive, nor do I see any improvements in his players.

If Adelaide were a franchise like the Gold Coast, Singapore or Townsville then I would suffer a poor record like this season, but were are not. Adelaide is one of the most successful franchises in the history of the NBL and 11-22 last year was bad enough. I haven't seen this squad to be any better than last years, despite Phil talking about this and that. In fact, I'd say this squad is worse than last years. At least last year we have a player that could ignite the crowd and his team mates, this year we have zero passion.

I wouldn't blame Brett for picking up a chair and throwing it across the court at the end or doing some plastering in the change rooms afterwards.

11-22 is not good enough, and nothing was done, it's now 2-6 and that is no where near good enough regardless of the 'road trip'.... We are 2 games from last spot, and surely the Dragons have to work it out soon. That leaves the Slingers, and I'm not very confident we could beat them.

If you enjoy mediocre Joe M, it's all yours... I expect more from one of the most storied and founding franchises in the NBL.

Reply #154976 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

TR

Changing coach's midway through a season is what leads to mediocrity and only tarnishes the clubs reputation. What coach will come to Adelaide knowing he could be sacked at any point because he has had 3 or 4 bad games?

All I Say is thank Christ that some of you idiot do not run the basketball department at the 36ers.

Reply #154977 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

joe m = phil smyth ?

either that or hes got phils rose coloured glasses on

Reply #154979 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Excellent points TR unlike the rubbish Joe M is coming up with. Actually what will tarnish a clubs reputation is excepting a pathetic losing season, doing nothing about it and excepting all the customers they will lose from it. I wouldn't like you to run a business Joe.

Reply #154981 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Gee, we have a genius here with this Joe M. I am sure that no shareholder would like you running their company. If the CEO is not getting results, then you just sit back and do nothing. You would at least be asking the CEO what he is doing to improve things. Like a business plan or in our terms here, a game plan.

Reply #154982 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Same track as me King James (always had respect for your comments)

Reply #154983 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

If Phil is sacked, who will take over and how can they do anything differently?

Standing on the sideline screaming like a bone headed buffoon will not make the player play any better defence or block out or even hit open jump shots.

There is no point in changing coaches because that will not change anything.

So if Phil is let go, who takes over?

Reply #154984 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

What a stupid question, how would you know unless you started a search to find one!

Reply #154986 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

It's the crap players that can not hit open jump shots or play any bloody defence that's the fucking problem.

Yes the buck does lay with Phil Smyth but he should be removed at the end of the season, not NOW

Reply #154987 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Cheers Squid, same goes!

Ninnis should take over. If you believe the coach makes no difference Joe M then I think its time you go get some general sport knowledge before you come back and comment.

Reply #154988 | Report this post

dreadful  
Years ago

I heard Mal say about 20 minutes after the game that people are about to be out of the job. Dunno if that means Phil or certain players. He looked like he was gonna explode when the final buzzer went.

Reply #154989 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Because if you are a good business manager (like you have implied) you would have a contingency plan in place or know who is and who is not available.

The basketball community in Australia is very small and who ever is inside the inner sanctum of basketball clubs would know is someone if available.

Reply #154991 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Thanks Dreadful, that makes me feel a whole lot better!

Reply #154992 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Oh yes it will.

Reply #154993 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

If I was in charge, then Smyth would have gone before the season!

Reply #154994 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

So having to much faith in one of your player is not a liability?

If someone is getting beaten on defence or missing defence assignments or cannot contain anyone off the dribble that the coaches fault? No one of the team can play defence.

Ninnis is not going to change that, no one is going to change that because defence is about attitude and commitment not about skills. If you don't have the correct desire to play defence you will get smashed all night.

Reply #154995 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

And of course you cannot expect your coach to actually develop their players' skills!

Reply #154999 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Its time for Phil to resign. He certainly did a great job in his first 4 seasons (probably would've been 4 titles if not for Damon Lowery and those rolls he got!), but even then, looking back at the talent he had to work with, (KB-Cat-Stiff in his prime-Maher peaking-Mee, Farley....heck he couldn't even find a starting spot for Rillie that first season!) anything less than a championship era would've been unacceptable. This is a business, and he is being over paid for what he is producing. Mal, you gave him the team he wanted....2-6 is the result. Give the reigns to someone else and see the results of what a decent roster (which this is) can do.

I am a die hard fan, and i support this team, but i cant support this coach. My major worry is that with him at the helm, current season ticket holders will no renew for 08/09 and the Dome will be a quiet place. The right coach could save a 2-6 record, especially in this league where there are only really 4 teams that are 'powerhouses'.

Reply #155000 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

A change could be as good as a holiday, fresh idea's, new plays, real training, creates interest in the team, both from a player perception and also from the eyes of the public.

Let's face it, over the past season and 8 games the support for Phil and been diminishing with each loss. Does Mal now let Phil ride the pine at the expense of the franchise???? As someone mention in another thread, has Phil become bigger than the club???

On FOX they showed Joyce ripping Crowe a new hole after Brett hit the three and then gave Ballinger that assist in the key. It was great, it fired up Crowe and he nailed the clutch free throws to ice the game. Joyce demanded Crowe repeat that he'd been told before hitting the Court. Brett also didn't touch the ball after that time out.

To me it's looks like our players just sit back during a boring Phil timeout and tune it out.

I want a coach that will show emotion, get his arse out of the seat, walk the line, tune the refs when required and will kick a players arse if they screw up. I'm more than happy to get experienced assistant coaches in to design plays etc etc as long as our head coach does the above and becomes a figurehead (sort of like Fisher with the Wildcats).

We also need an emotional team leader on the court. Brett is our leader, and you won't find a better leader/captain in the league, but he's more of a 'follow as I do/lead by example' team leader than 'if you do that again I brain you' team leader. We need some mongrel on this squad, Davidson brings a bit,but after him it's a bunch of marshmallows.

Reply #155001 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Brilliantly said TR!

Reply #155003 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Joe M, I don't know what planet you come from, but if only you could stop to listen to yourself, you would quickly realize who the idiot is. The following comment says it all:

"What coach will come to Adelaide knowing he could be sacked at any point because he has had 3 or 4 bad games?"

Are you saying Phil has had 3 or 4 bad games? Isn't it more like ll last season and 6 this season? Any new coach coming to Adelaide will consider himself lucky because its going to take a lot more than that to get sacked. Your ignorance is overwhelmingly obvious.

Reply #155004 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

"If someone is getting beaten on defence or missing defence assignments or cannot contain anyone off the dribble that the coaches fault? No one of the team can play defence."

Joe M, the best teams play defense as a team. You can have players who are not great defenders individually but as a unit, the team functions very well. It is the coaches job to put in place a defensive system that uses the players strengths and hides the players weaknesses on the defensive end. The fact our defense is so shit is because you have players like Ng and Dench (who Smyth was responsible for recruiting btw) that are huge liabilities and there is no proper defensive system in place to help out these guys. That is the coaches fault.

Look at Brisbanes team from last year - their starting 5 was CJ, Black, Ebi Ere, Dusty and Sam Mackinnon. The only player out of those 5 regarded as a decent defender is Sammy Mack. However, despite having 4/5 not so great defensive players as starters last year, Brisbane was able to disrupt so many other teams offences and this was one of the reasons they won the championship. Joey was able to put in place a system that worked to his players strengths, they played D as a Team and won a ridiculous no. of games as a result.

Why does Phil seem to have no proper defensive system? The blame for the sixers defensive shortcomings has to go largely on his shoulders and it is getting past the point of frustration for the fans.

Reply #155005 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

And what happens if Ian Stacker comes in and we still don't make the play off? Sack him

Or if Ninnis takes over and we don't improve? Sack him

The sooner you sack a coach the next time it will get easier and easier. Mal Hemmerling should give Phil a 6 week window and if things don't improve he should be informed he will not be offered a contract for next year. if he is not offered a contract he has to play Dodman, Sutton and Burton to blood them for the future.

Sorry but sacking a coach mid season is not my answer of progressing and looking forward.

Call me an idiot or stupid or anything you like but I will never be in favour of sacking a coach mid season.

Reply #155007 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Excellent post TR, EC, The Minx and Nino!

Reply #155008 | Report this post

idiot  
Years ago

Some of you idiot need to just shut up.

Phil Smyth will not be fired before the end of the season because the Adelaide 36ers or at very least Mal Hemmerling will show him that much respect.

I like 99% of other people who post on this forum have no idea what will happen next year but I do know Phil Smyth will not go before the end of the season unless its at his own request.

Are you f*cking retarded? The reason they can't play D is Smyth's defence style or lack thereof - they don't practice defensive sets at training that scrimmage. That is not good enough at the top level.

It's Smyth's fault that he didn't call a time out in the second quarter when Gold Coast went on a run.

It's Smyth's fault he doesn't run a pick and roll with Maher and Ballinger, which would easily get us scores.

It's Smyth's fault that no-one fronted Pero in the post.

The buck stops with Smyth so Joe please tighten those ass cheeks and get of Smyth's dick

Reply #155009 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Idiot  your one classy guy.

Thanks for the reply. That just made my night.

Reply #155010 | Report this post

idiot  
Years ago

Adding to that - Phil has had to 3 year window of mediocrity Joe - isn't that long enough? Or is he still in his "gelling" with his new players period?

Reply #155011 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Read what I am writing

Yes he should go and probably he should have gone at the END OF LAST SEASON but he wasn't and in all likelihood he will be gone at the END OF THIS SEASON but not mid season.

FFS how hard is that to understand.

If he was hired at the begging of a season he should be allowed to see the season out, sacking someone mid season is not the answer. .

Reply #155012 | Report this post

idiot  
Years ago

What is the answer Joe? Accepting mediocrity? Accepting a coach that doesn't seem to care if we lose? A coach that clearly rode his players to championships?

Paying fans deserve more than what they are getting, and it's unfortunate but the buck stops with Phil and he needs to go.

Reply #155014 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

"Adding to that - Phil has had to 3 year window of mediocrity Joe - isn't that long enough? Or is he still in his "gelling" with his new players period?"

So IDIOT this side has been together for 3 year now? Gee it only feel like week 6 of the season but lets make a stupid joke because you want to sack someone.

Reply #155016 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Idiot  go and suggest that to Phil that he doesn't care about a loss? That he accepts mediocrity in his program or that he rode a few player coattails to a championship.

You are nothing but a gutless wonder who would shit himself if you had the opportunity.
Go and say that to his face  IDIOT

Reply #155017 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I don't care who comes in... Bring in Stacker, bring in Ninnis, bring in Cal Bruton, bring in Al Green, bring in Dwayne Nelson, bring in my Yr 8 coach, but bring in someone with some new ideas, passion, desire and someone that actually looks like they want to be there and not like Montgomery Burns waiting to die.

Give a young NBL assistant coach a run until the end of the season. If he turns it around they get another season, if not, then it's back-to-back bad seasons, and we got hunting in the off season for a new coach. Things can't continue as they are.

Our players look bored, they just go through the motions, they walk off the court and shrug their shoulders. No one gets the shits (bar us fans), no one cares, no one curses during time outs, no one gets on our players nuts when they mess up the simple things. Our coach sits on his seat like a vulture sits on roadkill.

Bring some life back to the team and the Dome. It seemed like a cemetery on FOX. The only time they did anything was on the Ng three at the end of the 3rd.

Nino hit the nail on the head.... I'll always support the team, but I will not support the current coach.

Reply #155018 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

"What is the answer Joe? Accepting mediocrity? Accepting a coach that doesn't seem to care if we lose? A coach that clearly rode his players to championships?"

While I think Smyth should go, that comment is a little bit inaccurate. The championship of 2002 was with one of the most lowly rated rosters ever to bring home a title - they were predicted to finish 9th of 11 teams. It was an awesome coaching performance by Phil that year all year long to constantly beat teams that had more talent than us and eventually win the title.

However, Phil's coaching style has not changed since then and he has not adapted to the way the game is now being played. He struggles with recruiting and seems to be too stubborn to adjust in the ways he needs to in order to be an effective coach nowadays. There is no way forward that he can go with this team he's gotta be gone asap so there is at least some change of salvaging this season.

Reply #155019 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Of course the players tune out during a time out , the coaches leave the group have a chat then reconvene with the same monotone sleep talk .

Heres a thought , prior to the game have tactics , matchups , combinations and scenarios thought out .

During the game instead of bitching at the refs the coaches may communicate , refine rotations and look alive .

Then when the timeout is called USE the time efficiently to convey to players the neccessary adjustments that need to be made until we meet again .
Whether they are defensive intensity problems , jacking up crap issues , get the ball to ballinger ff sake . Not just the same we will be alright cause i took it easy on you guys at training smile , smile , steve just told me he is cooking lasagne again tonight " i wonder if he knows he does all the work in this relationship " smile , smile .

Reply #155020 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

TR  you really support the team whist watching on Fox?

What are the odd you are interstate. My bad.

I went and go every week but get annoyed just as well but this is not the time or place in the season for changes.

Reply #155021 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Joe, if your more than willing to fly me to Adelaide from Canberra for each home game then please feel free and I'll gladly accept your offer.

I travel to Wollongong and Sydney to watch the lads play. The last time you drove 600km to watch the 36ers was when????

Reply #155024 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

LOL - of course. Like i said My bad.

Reply #155025 | Report this post

pull your head in  
Years ago

Should it left to the end of the season so that all the crowd and sponsors can fade away then Joe? Changing the coach now might not do any good, but it certainly wouldnt do any more harm.

Reply #155027 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

The fact that he lives in another state and STILL supports the sixers only strengthens the point that he supports the club. Ive read this whole thing start to finish and you make Forest Gump look like an absolute genius mate!

Reply #155036 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

"I may not be a smart man...But I know what mediocre coaching is"

Reply #155037 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

hey 'idiot' i thought isaac was the only one who could do that orange line quote thingy. Is that u isaac?

Reply #155040 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"I went and go every week but get annoyed just as well but this is not the time or place in the season for changes."

In any sport if things aren't working then you change things up. What have we got to lose by sacking Smyth? Could we seriously get any worse? I doubt it. Maybe we could recruit some young talent and hang on to it, maybe the team could actually play some defence and maybe the players would play with a little bit of passion. Why don't we ink Ninnis up now before another club snaps him up next season?

Answer me this Joe M, did the sackings of Rodney Eade from the Swans and Gary Ayres from Adelaide MID SEASON make those clubs look mediocre and tarnish their club's reputations. I think not. Rather it gave the fans of those clubs hope and excitement for the future, something that Sixer fans desperately need this season.

Reply #155047 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

XztatiK

Anyone can add those orange bars.
If they know what they are doing.

Reply #155050 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

If Gretel Killeen can be replaced with Kyle Sandilands on Big Brother... I know its not the greatest of analogies but the point still comes across loud and clear, sometimes change is a necessity. Over here in the UK a football manager recently said he didn't want nor did he have any illusions of becoming one of those long lasting managers because he believed the club needed to be able to change in order to benefit and move forward as a club, and at some stage that would involve him no longer being the manager there. I will always remember Phil as a club great, but at the same time the opportunity to start fresh, to have new ideas, to have players play for their future contracts, and to try regain a new identity to bring future success instead of continuing to live on past success sounds appealing.

Reply #155066 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Just skimming through some of these posts, it seems Joe M is trying to be bigger than the topic as Phil is trying to be bigger than the club!

Get rid of the guy, pay him out, whatever you have to do to wipe the slate clean, and move into a new era!

That era probably should've started 3-4 years ago with Ingles and Newley leading the way with Maher the 'teacher style captain' to them....point is that realistic option which became a fairytale very quickly, should've been a very big signal to the club, that the coach was 'not quite right' for the job anymore.

Reply #155068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there is one thing Phil can do its negotiate a contract.

Reply #155071 | Report this post

Bye Phil & Gretel  
Years ago

Phil Smytyh is the Denis Pagan of Australian Basketball.

The free flowing offense we've seen over Phil's tenure simply won't work with the cattle he has assmebled this year.

Therefore Phil has brought in more structured offenses. However these guys don't know how to run these offenses as Phil has no idea. The Sixers were running the Melbourne Tigers fabled shuffle offense and getting two swings of the ball but no one was setting any screens on a player, guys weren't setting their men for the screens nor were they cutting hard. The 4 and 5 men screening away for each other was non existent - it was an exchange.

Reply #155072 | Report this post

Smooth Pockets  
Years ago

Actually last night Phil made what I thought was the perfect timeout. After we were up by 16, Cameron made back to back 3s to get the lead back to 10. Phil then called a timeout straight away. It surprised me because usually Phil will let the opposition take the lead before he calls a timeout.

Then in the actual timeout Phil was as fired up as I had seemed him for a while. Said defensively they were soft, and really wanted a big effort from them in the last few minutes of the quarter.

The players response was to let gold coast score the next 7 or so points.

Reply #155073 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

While it pains me to say it I agree with a part of what Joe M has had to say
- that being that Smyth will not go at this stage of the season.
I would think that financially it would not be feasable to terminate him part way through the season. I would assme his contract would need to be payed out and and im sure Breheny would be the same. A franchise still in early days of ownership would suely find this quite hard to sustain. Im sue Mal has quite a bit of coin....but he aint Groves or Cowan.
Im guessing that in time (mid season or shortly aftr)we may see a situation similar to Essendon and Sheedy - club comes out and says - "well done Phil and thanks for your efforts but the future s elsewhere -Smyth will be gone at seasons end and we will start looking for a new coach immdiately". This would give the club time to make an informed decision and the new coach could start as soon as the seaon ends - allowing recritment etc to happen. Supporters would see that something is being done and players would know that they are all on notice.

Reply #155074 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and by the time that occurs, membership renewals will be at an all time low, enthusiasm for the club will be at an all time low, media spotlight for the club will be at an all time low, people through the gates will be at an all time low, money begins to dry up, Maher will be looking for a way out (hello Melbourne or Brisbane), sponsors will not be happy with the product, your casual supporter will walk away and your end product is only worth half of what you paid for it at the beginning.

To recoup that loss would take seasons, and Mal needs to take this hit for the sake of the franchise.

Reply #155078 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Good points TR - and I agree with most of em - however I still dont think you will see Smyth sacked and replaced in the short term

Reply #155085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

statman if the results are bad enough its on the cards.

Reply #155089 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Well I have got gold tickets this year for the first time AND I am a member of the SACA, so how do you think I feel?!

Reply #155090 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers have drifted from $17 at the start of the year to third-worst in the comp at $67 with Centrebet - incredible.

Reply #155093 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

It probably isn't incredible Isaac. I guess this thread is what it is all about.

Reply #155096 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Squid, I have some 9mm bullets around the place if required....

Reply #155100 | Report this post

Years ago

cant see smyth being kept next year. so here are the options.

1- cut him at end of season. sign new coach in the offseason. then have no idea if they are as good as they have to be.

2- cut him now and try another coach for rest of the season. can see if theyre any good without signing them for a whoe year.

???????

Reply #155109 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Statman I'd imagine there would be a performance clause in Smyth's contract therefore giving them the option to let him go now. I could be wrong though but I'd imagine that would be the smart thing to do when writing anyones contract.

Some actual good things to come out of the last two game is they haven't used that Stupid match up man to man defense. Good to see it only took them 6 games to work out that it is useless.

Also those new shot clocks look wicked!

Reply #155114 | Report this post

Phil simply must go now, not at the end of the season; Chappell needs to go with him.

What will this achieve?

1) It will wake up the rest of the roster and put them on notice that if you are not bringing your 100% best game, you have no place at the Dome.

2)It will make a statement to the fans that the crap they have put up with for the last few seasons will not be put up with for the next few seasons, encouraging us to renew our memberships in good faith.

3) It will show the sponsors that the organization is worried about what bang they get for their hard earned bucks and that they are doing something positive to ensure that the sponsors don't feel like they have done their money at the end of the season, encouraging them to renew their commitment to the club.

4) The other teams in the NBL just might get worried and maybe wont assume they will waltz into the Dome and win.

5) We get to try out our potential new coach for next season right away without risking making the same mistake next season.

6) It might just get the media (apart from Boti) actually interested in the team and get us some extra coverage that we might not have otherwise got.

Mal, cut him now...oh and get Phil to take those uninspiring uniforms with him.

Reply #155133 | Report this post

Isiah Thomas  
Years ago

Things aren't paning out the way I imagined over here in the Big Apple.

After reading your arguments, I'm happy to offer my services and beleive I'm the man to turn this once storied franchise around.

I think my ability to recruit and the media attention I can provide speaks for itself.

Regards, Zeke

Reply #155151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaih,

I think you mean believe. So much for that college education!

Reply #155155 | Report this post

Isiah Thomas  
Years ago

I grew up in West Chicago man, enough said.

Reply #155156 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

OUCH.

Hoops SA is on Ten Sport news about Hemmerling and Smyth and it was scrolled down the page and paused on a few of the posts including Dr. Bullshit's, Thomo's and Joes.

Reply #155168 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

This actual thread was just shown on sports tonight but I had the TV muted and didn't catch what was said as i realised it was on too late. Anyone else catch the report?

Reply #155169 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

You beat me to it 123abc, what did they say about hemmerling and smyth?

Reply #155172 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

anyone tape it?? i would like to have look at that

Reply #155174 | Report this post

HoopsSA is famous  
Years ago

Just saw the TV segment- Hemmerling has guarenteed Phil WON'T lose his job

Can you believe it?

Yes, Dr Bullshit had prime time and Joe and Thomo had a flicker of fame each.

Phil looked like he was shitting himself.....

Reply #155176 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, missed it.. Channel nine news 'sixers sink to a new low'

Reply #155178 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Drowning, not waving, I disagree. Our uniforms aren't that bad.....;)

Reply #155183 | Report this post

I guess I would have a different perspective of them if I had designed them to! Fair enough.

Minx- what had you watching the TV with the sound down?

Hmmmmmmmm.

Reply #155191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone tape it?? Can someone please put it online if poss? Then we can all se it. Thanks.

Reply #155200 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

"Minx- what had you watching the TV with the sound down?

Hmmmmmmmm."

I've been studying all day and had the TV on mute due to this when I looked up and saw the report. Are you trying to imply something? ;)

Reply #155202 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I thought the uniforms looked crap as well

Reply #155211 | Report this post

N,n,n,n,no, not at all.

Reply #155225 | Report this post

Spot on Statman, the uniforms look so boring; no wonder the players are falling to sleep.

A big broom is needed.

(watching tv with the sound down, he,he,he)

Reply #155226 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Who gives a toss about the uniforms...If we had not lost a game this would be a non issue.

Just win ffs!

Reply #155231 | Report this post

i hope phil smyth stays go phil!

Reply #155256 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

You would ELG.

Reply #155282 | Report this post

i was hating phil before it was cool. I wish i had proof to back that up though

Reply #155295 | Report this post

phil lover  
Years ago

u guys are all wankers ull all be eating ur words when the 36ers win the title this yr give them time ppl phil will lead them to another title and chappel will come good hes slwoly getting there watch out for a 30 point game coming soon

Reply #155307 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You sound confident. 36ers are paying $67 to win it all if you're interested.

Reply #155309 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"phil lover"

Perfect name for you.

Reply #155409 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Not sure if anyone posted, but this post was on Ten News! I was in Mildura watching Ten and they were talking about latest Sixers loss and said fans upset and there was Dr Bullshit's post from this site and scrolled down to show how many uphappy fans there are.

Your site is famous Isaac!

Reply #155528 | Report this post

phil lover  
Years ago

I aint confident just trying to be upbeat

Reply #155561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754