Kent Brockman
Years ago

Do we replace Nashy?

If so who with?

Dereck Moore if Reidy ever gets fit?

Damen Lowery to sure up the guard spot?

Where has Andrew Goodwin gone?

Still love the idea of Cat returning for the last few games to qualify for the finals and then get the rings ready.

Topic #1327 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Was thinking about this last night. Nashy would have a fairly high points rating I should think, as he was once in the Oz Squad. Someone like Goodwin would be great. Another big body to mix minutes with Reesy. Forget Damon Lowery..

Reply #15190 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nash would be a 6 or 7. Goodwin has retired.

Reply #15191 | Report this post

avanti  
Years ago

Boti's article today suggests a replacement is unlikely due to the financial difficulties of BASA. Phil says finding another "Nashy-type" player would be difficult, and he wouldnt want to upset the team chemistry by trying to fit someone different in.

Reply #15192 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What about Pero? He brings energy, strong finishing and a big body. And we could pay him with bananas...

Reply #15196 | Report this post

Crocdile Rock  
Years ago

Pero would be handy indeed. Maybe Garrison could be an option? He knows the workings of the team.

Reply #15197 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Garrison is an import, so he is out of the question, but I reckon Cat would be a great option but I think he would be a 10 point player as well

Reply #15198 | Report this post

Crocdile Rock  
Years ago

Oh yeah sorry my bad!

Maybe Stiffy will get sick of coming off the bench and switch over?

Reply #15200 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Bring back the Chairman or Sapwell

Reply #15205 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

On the Money Thomo, Sapers the man!

Reply #15207 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

There is no way Pero will be a sixers with the current coaches in place.

Sapa would be a great fit straight out of the box.

Reply #15211 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

You know who would have been a great fit? Blake Truslove.

Reply #15215 | Report this post

What about activating someone from the local league? Takes care of the money and points issues. Please Phil, you must be able to find someone to take Nashy's spot!!! We can't have Gower and Hambour getting closer to the top of the rotation! I guess someone from the Academy would be the obvious option... Forgive me if i'm wrong, but is this not why the Academy was formed???

Reply #15241 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Why mess up the chemistry by shaving oscar or darrens minites? We are in 2nd spot people and are doing fine.

If we were 8th or 10th id be looking for a replacement but theyll be fine.

I still can't believe we didn't pick The Sap over J-will though

Reply #15249 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

hopefully melbourne pick up timmons so lets go for stiffy.there the same type of player

Reply #15259 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How so?

Reply #15260 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Has anyone heard the saying "if it aint broken, then don't fix it". Currently the Sixers are not broken. Just leave things as they are for now.

Reply #15278 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

There must be a story behind it, 'cause logic simply dictates that Sap should be playing.

Sap, we know you log on and read this rubbish, so why not respond?

Reply #15385 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

We weren't doing too poorly in 2002 either but I still don't think we would have won the championship without the addition of Garrison.

While we are in second, if we have points and cap room available because of Nash's injury we should use it.

Even if we only ended up with one more home final as a result it would be worth it financially.

The question is who is available?

I agree with Moses that Sapwell should be playing. He knows the team, wouldn't stuff up team chemistry and we all know he can make a difference in the finals, eg game 3 of 2002 finals.

Reply #15393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754