Dave
Years ago

NH: PS3 or XBOX 360

I was thinking about getting one of these consoles but don't know which one is better.

Topic #13279 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

If you get an 360, try and make sure it's the special release 'halo' edition. The model came out with the Falcon chip (doesn't run as hot) along with addition heatsinks. The 'halo' edition also comes with the Zepher board which also has some more heatsinks.

360 has better games (at the moment), but if your a movie buff then I'd get the PS3 as I think that Blu Ray will win the war, but that being said Gates has said that Microsoft can change to Blu Ray if required.

PS3 doesn't have anything to compare with Halo 3 (Killzone is pretty good though) and Gears of War. The only exclusive games for PS3 seem to be Final Fantasy and Grand Turismo plus a few others I can't remember. Rainbow 6 Vegas is also great on the 360..

If you want online action, Xbox shits all over the PS3. Xbox live is awesome, PS3 is very average.

All that being said, I have both..... 360 for games, PS3 for movies...

Reply #155092 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Depends what you want to play/do and how you want to play it (mostly online or off). Also might be worth considering the future of the console - e.g., the original Xbox can be modified to do a lot of useful stuff and mine still gets used a lot for media - rip games, store movies, download trailers or watch YouTube live, get weather and news feeds, etc.

FWIW, I have a 360; have never played a PS3.

Reply #155095 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Alright thanks I might get the PS3 having all that said. But yet again i've never betrayed playstation.

Reply #155218 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I've got a PS3, the game library is slowly increasing, with a heap coming out for the holiday season. No doubt the 360 has the best game library out there at the moment.

Is Xbox live that much better that it is worth the yearly fee as opposed to Playstation being 3? I've played offline on both systems but never tried Xbox live. Hopefully PS3's 'HOME' when it eventually comes out will rival Xbox live? Although totally different.

If your into FPS than Resistance Fall of Man is a pretty good title.

Not sure about the Xbox but the PS3 is 'Region Free for games' so you can pick them up online for around $60 (nearly half the price of instores).

Reply #155269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #162809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:00 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754