RMM
Years ago

We need a bigger, louder crowd!

Last nights crowd was pathetic at the dome!!! from when i got into the carpark i said to my friends... this doesnt look too promising! Not only was the crowd small but it was silent.

EVERY PERSON THAT READS THIS NEEDS TO GET AS MANY PEOPLE TO THE DOME NEXT SATURDAY NIGTH AND GET BEHIND OUR TEAM!!!

they may not be doing the greatest but this is when they need us. Lets show that were still here and lets make som fecking noise. last night was dismal and i think at some times you could hear a pin drop.

Lets get the dome shaking like it used to. bring your mates invite EVERYONE!

Topic #13283 | Report this topic

hoops 75  
Years ago

crow last night was 4301

Reply #155127 | Report this post

hoops 75  
Years ago

* crowd

Reply #155128 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

RMM-You need to consider that adelaide crowds are the best or second best in the NBL..Teams like sydney and the breakers are really struggling! they only get just over 2,000 and youre complaining coz the 36ers got over 4,000!

Reply #155130 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When the game was on Fox too. Wonder how many simply stayed at home to watch it?

Crowd number was about what I expected and I didn't think it was that quiet considering the result. People made a bit of noise when it was close at the end. Nothing spectacular, but OK.

Reply #155131 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

The crowd will come when there is something to watch and the crowd will cheer when there is something to cheer about until that happens RMM i think you will be dissapointed .

Reply #155136 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

But in comparisson to a seixers crowd of old i was dissapointed... yes the crowd got loud in the last 5 minutes... but wat happened to everyone joining in on the chants during the game... i think we need to geta decent crowd to the game this week and make some noise. Remember the powerhouse days???

Reply #155140 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The team was more successful then - I think that's the difference. Just means that people are less likely to get involved, unfortunately.

Reply #155144 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

i was at the game and watched the same cars roll in that you did. I thought that it was a decent crowd, nothing too brag about, but still good. ii agreee with what most people have already stated in this post. considering are position on the ladder and the way our season has panned out, i think our crowd is quite reasonable. i understand wanting too get back to the powerhouse days, and agree everyone should go to the nz game.

Reply #155157 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

RMM the number of people attending last night's game was not responsible for its quietness, it was what they were witnessing on court. There were a few moments when they got loud because the situation warranted it. I don't know how anyone can show any excitement and make noise when all you want to do is hang your head in shame at the display we have been getting. The crowd chooses to go to a game and be entertained by a team that shows passion, skill and a will to win. They have not chosen the display we have been getting from the beginning of last season. I will continue to go because I still enjoy a good game of basketball, and I still patiently wait for a change, bad luck its not Adelaide producing the good game.

Reply #155175 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I must admit to being always amused by talk of the crowd making as much noise as they can to assist their team. Well I have no problem with people yelling and screaming of course, but it is most definitely the players' responsibility to inspire the crowd, to give them something to be excited about. Correct if I am wrong, but the players are not paying us to go along and see them, we are the ones paying and after paying more that $600 this year for gold tickets, then I expect and demand a whole lot better than the crap we are being dealt this season.

Reply #155179 | Report this post

Pole Cat  
Years ago

RMM - Ive been paying for season tickets since 2 years before we moved to the Powerhouse/ Dome.

I'll damn well start making some noise when I see something to cheer about on court.

The last few seasons have been equal to the Fox, Shipway, Monson years.

NOTHING TO CHEER ABOUT!

Its time to go...........Smyth, Breaney & Chappell.

Reply #155180 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Watched the game on fox....commented how many empty seats there were...very sad when Adelaide is only half filling...and...hard to tell, but certainly wasnt loud on the TV, very very disapointing.

Reply #155187 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Why would I go watch that shit?

Reply #155229 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

That can't be an official number, unless the crowd was continuously avoiding the Fox cameras... looked empty!

Reply #155248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This year it's been really patchy in some of the lower corporate seats which can make it look emptier than it is if the cameras are mostly showing the seats closest to the courts.

Reply #155255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is there a completely empty strip of seats on the northern side? The 1st 5 or so rows are pretty well empty and from a TV point of view it looks really bad but 4,300 isn't actually that bad a crowd.

Reply #155283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In close games, the crowd needs to be ON THEIR FEET for the last few minutes making some noise.

The MC needs to pick up his game and get the crowd more involved as do the cheerleaders. Their routines are all well and good, but how about actually trying to pump up the crowd.

Reply #155312 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They do but there's only so much they can do - seems that if the crowd doesn't want to pump up, they don't.

Reply #155314 | Report this post

CAT94  
Years ago

Hard to get pumped by a team playing against the spirit of the 36ers of old.

No player, maybe other than Maher, shows any heart and desire. In yeras gone past we would have watched the Blaze get demolished.

But if the coach doesn't instil in his players any sort of defensive strategy, nor change the offense, it is all going to go to shit.

I for one, will not cheer until the team gives me something to cheer about.

The doesn't mean wins and losses, but rather, playing with heart and pride.

Reply #155316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No player, maybe other than Maher, shows any heart and desire."

Bit harsh and bit unfair, considering Davidson's been out for a few weeks.

Reply #155355 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I think it was the last time out when the girls were trying to get people to clap that the music to clap to was pretty ordinary with the wrong beat so that made it harder.

Reply #155405 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, I know its a vicious circle with the players needing the crowd to pump them up and the crowd needing the players to inspire them, however the crowd was loud when they were up 16 points, what made them stop?

Reply #155453 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Deja vu?

Reply #155456 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

they changed from cheering the lads

to rolling their eyes and muttering 'here we go again'...

Reply #155464 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754