Anonymous
Years ago

Gutless Hemmerling

Hemmerling has lost my dollar.

I cant believe they have put out into the media that Mal has told Phil his job is safe.

If this is true, our new owner will be selling the team again soon, because i am certain i wont be the only one that wont put up with this.

I honestly had faith in management and thought that after the disappointing game sat night they would have acted quick and dealt with the problem and remove Phil, but instead go in an opposite direction now i have lost that faith.

The question i pose is where is the future of our club going to be? are we going to be cellar dwellers for years to come?

Topic #13301 | Report this topic

KC- gone  
Years ago

Have you $ to give him to activate the cancelation of a contract? Guess either confidence in him to turn it arround or the $ cost of change out weighs the value of a change.

Reply #155306 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

No guts, No glory

Reply #155319 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

theres been times in the afl were people have claimed the coaches are safe in the media, then the next week there sacked. not that i think that this is one of those times, but you never know.

Reply #155321 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I believe it depends on his next few games and all that Mal is doing is instilling confidence in the Media that Smyth's job is safe. If they continue to lose the next few things will be changed. Don't lose faith in Hemmerling yet, he has great business sense and would be outraged by the way things have been going this season.

Reply #155332 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Don't go town on Mal . He is in a tough position and is outwardly showing the respect Coach Smyth has earnt over the years .
Internally he would be seething and we are only entitled to judge Mal for the first time at the end of next year .
If the issues are not addressed by the end of this year and we show no upward movement as a club next year then your title thread would have some relevance .

Reply #155360 | Report this post

Me  
Years ago

Mal is only keeping Phil in because everyone in Adelaide knows who Phil Smyth is.

If he went for a Scott Ninnis or even Brehney, no one outside of Basketball knows these people.

At this point it's almost as important to keep the profile of basketball in Adelaide up there as it is to win. Sounds stupid but true.

Reply #155396 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

I think its more puzzling that Chappell is still around. I really was expecting him to be gone today and an announcement to be made. There is no way that him still being on the team can be justified, he does not bring anything this team needs. If a decent 3 man who could give 20+ ppg and play D was brought in, I would like our chances of turning the season around, even possibly with Smyth at helm, however I would also prefer to see smyth gone asap if I had it my way.

Reply #155398 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

It might be frustrating that he is not gone to you and me Minx but it is really not all that surprising given that the Sixers have never cut an import under Smyth's reign.

Given that Smyth was responsible for selecting Chappell would he lose too much face if he cut Chappell? - he would be admitting that he made a mistake, something that he might find hard to do. He might be nice guy and have gone to uni with Ballinger, but really that counts for nothing when you are putting up the sort of numbers Chappell is and looking very slow and unathletic on the court. I would have thought the best way to improve a team's chemistry is to get them winning a few games not just selecting imports based on their past history and the fact they are 'nice guys'.

Hopefully if Smyth goes the first thing his replacement does is remove Chappell.

Reply #155426 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

I want Smyth to go as well, but I don't think if he sacked Chappell it would be Phil's mistake. Phil obviously picked him because of past results. All Phil has to admit is that he didn't provide those results for Adelaide and was given plenty of opportunity to do this.

It will also take the heat of Phil for about 2 minutes which he is a master at moving the spot light off himself and onto others and other things, it may happen.

Reply #155448 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Rod Benson = Player coach. Problems ALL solved.

Reply #155529 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's got my vote. He could also write Boti's material and repair computers on the side. How do we make this happen?

Reply #155530 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Well, we know he's available .. lets email and find out his asking price, and take that to Mal. Even if we have to give him the rest of Newley's contract - it would be worth it !! hehehe ..

Reply #155554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Months ago I emailed him to say I could point him in the direction of an agent down here with a view to getting him in the league (36ers had Ballinger, but Breakers were yet to sign Rickert at that stage). Wonder if hearing about Beazley's struggles here might've put him off?

Reply #155559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754