answers sought
Years ago

Junior by-law clarification sought

Q - if you have 2 teams in one grade - after the first 3 weeks - can they move between teams - or have to move up or down for 1 round before moving laterally between teams?

Q - by law says - juniors can not drop 2 grades in 1 round (or similar)

ie div 1 cant go to div 3 without a stop in div 2.

so if we have 1 div 2 team and 2 div 3 teams - can the div 2 go direct to the 3.2 team? - it is only one division but a 2 team junp - presuming the 3.1 team is the better.

Topic #13310 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

They are only dropping one division eg 1 grade not 2 so yes they can go to the second team, it is not really a 2 team jump, you can presume/assume that the 1st named team is the better team, but there have been many instances where the second name team have beaten the 1st named team and even won the GF at many Clubs.

Reply #155445 | Report this post

answers sought  
Years ago

so what about lateral movement between 3.1 and 3.2 teams???

Reply #155537 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

My understanding is that the first 6 weeks of the grading season players can move laterally between the 2 teams without any recourse - I believe after that though they must move down a division or up a division and then come back down or up to the other team. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me

Reply #155617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the old basa bylaws
C18: Any club that has 2 or more teams in a divisoin of an age grade shall not be permitted to interchange players from one team to another unless a written permit has been granted by the committee, However in the grading season during the first 6 rounds players may freely interchange without recourse to the committee.

Reply #155625 | Report this post

odin  
Years ago

so I'm guessing if you put them up they have to come back down to the same team, otherwise you need a permit from 'the committee'.

Reply #155626 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754