Joe M
Years ago

Mike Chappell out and Rashad Phillips in?

"Phillips, who declined to comment, is understood to have met with his lawyers in Adelaide yesterday to finalise his severance with Perth.

He intends to sign a new deal with another NBL club to play out the current season in Australia."

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22657783-5005404,00.html

I was reading the Perth Now news paper and came across this article about former Perth Wildcat Rashad Phillips. The bit that caught my eye and the part I found strange was the fact he was in Adelaide to talk to his lawyer. Why would he be talking to his lawyer in Adelaide (he played in Perth) and he was also an import.

Why would he have an Adelaide based lawyer and why wouldn't this lawyer be based in either of Sydney or Perth? Maybe both were in town to try and strike a deal with the Sixers.

Mike Chappell out and Rashad Phillips in.

Topic #13328 | Report this topic

Nino  
Years ago

Some serious 'small ball' action!

Reply #155618 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It's just a weird coincidence. That wouldn't happen as we have Davidson. If we were to get rid of Chappell we would be looking for a Small forward.

Reply #155619 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Yeah we have Davidson but after Brett we have no other guards.

Why would we replace a SF with another SF when Adam Ballenger can do that job?

We have ample tall guys but no guards of quality. As soon as Brett is subbed out we loss a truck load of quality in the guard position. Adding Phillips and bring Davidson off the bench would add depth to the guards position.

Both Sutton and Ng are good role player who can come in for a few mins a quarter but as soon as they have to play a major role they go to water and lose something.

Maybe it is just a coincidence but why would he talk to his agent in Adelaide of all places.

Reply #155622 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spotted this last week and mentioned it in another thread and on OzHoops I think.

If Brad Davidson were out for a lot longer, then it might be something considered, but with Davidson back this weekend, it would be a mistake. We don't need a short guard who settles for long bombs; any replacement for Chappell should be an aggressive slasher IMO.

No need to stick with known quantities either - Hinson, Rickert, Crowe, etc are all new faces who are contributing well to their teams.

Edit: Joe, I always thought they should try Ballinger at SF but have heard that he just can't play that spot - just not his thing. Swapping out our only SF for a point guard would be a mistake. Anything that guy can do, Davidson can top.

Reply #155624 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Yeah, agree with above, Brad is back next week. And in any case, our import need is in the 3/2 position, not the point position.

Reply #155627 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Also meant to say they tried Ballinger at small forward in the pre-season games and it did not work for him or the team.
And being a huge Ballinger fan, i was actually surprised by this.

Reply #155628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adelaide is half way between sydney based lawyer's home and perth based players home?

Reply #155631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat about darvin ham, freshly cut from mavs roster. Wouldn't he monster a few players with his dunkin skills!

Reply #155636 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Yeah we have Davidson but after Brett we have no other guards."

are u kidding? i think other people are going light on u coz thats just stupid. we have 4 PG's already (counting Mahersy and Ninja). Meanwhile Chappell is our ONLY SF, once he goes off we play copeland at SF for gods sake, and not one of our 4 big guys can play SF. SO WE NEED A SF!!!

Some names that came up when i was looking at that NBLstats website:

Robert Brown - SF - played with crocs - brings aggressiveness and scoring. He was actually on the on the and1 mixtape tour a few episodes ago on streetball and said he isnt playing with any club currently.

Brant Bailey - SF - NZB - I liked what i saw of him a few years ago.

Jermaine Blackburn - SF - WSR - Averaged 19ppg when he was only young, he wuld be better now.

just a few names dont know where bailey and blackburn are now but they wouldnt be bad.

Reply #155638 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

First name I thought of when I saw a sportsman consulting an Adelaide Lawyer was Greg Griffin:

Link

Reply #155640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754