Anonymous
Years ago

loss of credibility for brendan joyce as coach

one must consider the recent lack of professionalism, insight and appropriate rotation of his guards, when recognising that Brendan Joyce has lost face as a credible and successful coach.
His favouritsm, nepotism and bias antics towards SOJ (Daniel) have left us all bitterly questioning and demeaning SOJ's game (or lack of).

Scary to know BJ is assistant Australian coach, let's hope he's never promoted to top dog!!!

Topic #13343 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what does that awful tattoo on the back of SOJ's arms say

Reply #155722 | Report this post

d  
Years ago

i think thats it his name...

Reply #155726 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

"Daddy's" on the left and "Biatch" on the right...

Reply #155727 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

hahaha give him a little ball isaac

Reply #155728 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

How can you say you have lost credibility for Brendan Joyce when he came to our Stadium just last game and beat our team. Shouldn't you be focusing your credibility loss efforts on our very own coach instead for that matter? While I must say Brendan's coaching isn't the greatest these days its still alot better then Smyth's coaching ability. The only bad thing Brendan does is put his son in for so long when he shouldn't even be playing at NBL level at this stage I think.

Reply #155729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the tattoo on joyce's arms read on the left arm "one life" and on the right arm "one chance". ironice seeing as though he is already on his second chance in the Gold Coast.

Reply #155732 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

He has

'One Life' on his left arm
and
'One Chance' on his right arm

KingJames - He also spent a large deal of the last quarter against the sixers screaming out to his son to make a hero of himself. Im sure the rest of the team cant be impressed with that.

Reply #155734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TR... you got the right arm correct, you've just misread the left are as it actually reads on the left...
'I'm a scrawny'
and on the right is says...
'biatch'

Reply #155742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as for BJ, the Australian selectors and relevant stakeholders must now be weiry about Joyce's true capabilities as a coach.
Can't he see he is doing himself NO favours at all by playing his son in the point and even giving him serious minutes as back up to Harvey in the 2 man position.
Play the young gun from the AIS (Demos), who CAN shoot and CAN play defence.

Reply #155744 | Report this post

goldie  
Years ago

We could all see this coming... BJ's antics and coaching under scrutiny.

I agree, and so must the other team members and surely the board... play a REAL 2 man behind Harvey! Even Carfino was giving it to SOJ about his lack of ability to shoot the outside shot... one of them (or both) have gotta go.

Blaze board..fire up! Fire being the operative word

Reply #155746 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Skip I'm sure the rest of the team wont mind as long as they win the game, like they did on our home court! I don't think too many of the players would be losing sleep over what the dad said or didn't say.

Reply #155747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i disagree with king james.. sure a win is a win, but it has to take it's toll on the players too. surely, they have lost respect for BJ?!

Reply #155752 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

How would they have lost respect for him when he helped them win their first game on the road? Also are you guys seriously saying the players would have lost respect because he let his son play 10 minutes more then he should of and because he apparently yelled out to his son to be a hero?

Reply #155756 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

Now who has lost their credibility. The Blaze's 1st road win was actually round 2 when they won overseas. They beat the Slingers 99-93

Reply #155766 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If saying that gets SoJ performing well, so be it.

Reply #155774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All I can say is keep doing it BJ.

Go for it son.

Reply #155789 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

SoJ was not really as much of a liability in the game here as I expected given the reports I had heard from other games. We just didn't have anyone who could exploit his size and make them pay for it. Plus, looking at Ng and SoJ out there together made them look quite the matched pair.

Reply #155793 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Oh I love the clowns that come on here and post as anonymous (Yes the other alias's we all use such as XY, TR Statman etc etc are also technically anonymous but at least there is some history to such posts so its not as bad as not having any name at all). Interesting that Joyce is being berated after his side recovered from a 16 point deficit and in the pressure of the final minutes executed their plays and beat the 36ers - at the Dome, and now sit in the 8 with a win loss ratio of 50%. Surely the coach must be doing something right?
While I agree that having junior in the side opens both of them up for all manner of criticim - at this stage a lot of it is unwarranted. Sure Joyce is young, raw, skinny, at times makes poor decisions with the ball but To have people constantlky come out and make calls about him being the worst player in the comp, not worthy of a chance, only playing because of his Dad etc etc is IMO a fair stretch. The guy has been below par in a couple of games - but he has actually played some resonable minutes in the others and done his job. The rotations of the group seem to be settling down and the team has won a couple of games.
In regards to the players having lost respect of the coach I most certainly disaggree. Having spoken to most of the guys in the Blaze team and asking them many varied questions I can say the feeling in the group is very very positive. I have even specifically asked one player in particular about his relationship with the coach and was surprised when he said how much he actually liked playing for him. I was actually expecting a much more guarded comment along the lines of 'hes the coach I just do what Im told". Coach Joyce himself is actually a really nice guy too - on court I personally think he goes over the top with his rantings and carry on but thats just him - its part of the package. Off court I have found him to be quite personable and very approachable and more thna happy to discuss anyting about the team.

So at this stage Id say commenst such as

"one must consider the recent lack of professionalism, insight and appropriate rotation of his guards, when recognising that Brendan Joyce has lost face as a credible and successful coach"

as being pretty well off the mark - especially seeing the result of the last game!

Reply #155828 | Report this post

annom  
Years ago

Joyce if anything has gained credibility, a brand new franchise, an interrupted preseason with the OZ team and his NZ internation players. GC has less time to prepare than many other teams! The position they are in if anything is bloody fantastic. In reference to SOJ the kid has got game, and he is definately not the worst player in the league. he has improved this season, look at his free frow line stats for one, and his ppg has increased!I am really sick of the cheap shots that people are coming out with for the father and son combo. People making up crap the Coach Joyce said 'be a hero' is the biggest load of rubbish, brendan joyce basis everything on team and if anything doesnt like individual hero performances, hence reason he is tough on Crowe. To say he yelled that you to his son is ridiculous, his son wasnt even on the court in the last 2 minutes!

Reply #155831 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Good comments both King James and Statman.
I guess some people have also forgotten the clutch 3 the lad got in the last quarter which probably really nailed us.
One thing is for sure, I would much rather have had BJ coaching us that night too.
IMO, people should be concentrating more on our situation than anyone else's, most of them are going OK, we are garbage.

Reply #155846 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Is CCARLIN in the house?

Heard all this last year.

Hum Drum

BJ will do what BJ does.

I will just chuckle

Reply #155871 | Report this post

Homey the Clown  
Years ago

Hmmmm.

Please tell me then who is the worst player in the league?

I vote for SOJ.

Averages 20 minutes the last 2 seasons.

Shoots at 25% fg & 25% 3pg

averages a steal every 4 games

a block shot every 8 games

2 assists a game

has increased his turnovers from last year

He's pretty bad.

Reply #155872 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Well thank you for that Neville Nobody but it only adds more to my argument.

Reply #155873 | Report this post

annom  
Years ago

still scored 9 points and two cruical threes against adelaide in the final Q, find something else to talk about, in particular lets focus on the 6ers

Reply #155883 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I don't know annom, if both Skip and Bizzy heard BJ yelling to his son 'be a hero' I'm pretty inclined to believe both of them.

Statman, you know my stance on him after the other thread. My only objection is the amount of time he gets on the court. It seems a high for what he brings, especially since you've got a good kid from the AIS rotting away on the bench.

Reply #155886 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

TR - yep you made your point - and backed it up with a good argument - I was more aiming at the many anonymous posters who come out with "SOJ is crap" etc etc Im he first to admit he has a lot of improvement to come - I just hope he can reach his full potential while dealing with the increased scrutiny that comes from playng under his Dad.

Reply #155931 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd really like to see what Demos has in his bag of tricks. Any idea's why he doesn't get a run Stat???

Reply #155979 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd really like to see what Demos has in his bag of tricks. Any idea's why he doesn't get a run Stat???

Reply #155980 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Demos played a few minutes in the trial games. He seems very agressive and looks to take the game on and try and get to the hoop - at times was too agressive and coughed the ball up. I cant see him getting a great deal of game time at the moment as the rotations seem to be getting settled (yes with Joyce in that rotation) so unless we have an injury it will only be garbage time minutes. At this stage Campell would be the preferred option if we need some 3 point shooting off the bench and the other 3 (Crowe, Harvy, Joyce) have the rest of the guard minutes between them

Reply #156003 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

So maybe a bit of youthful enthusiasm then and a bit out of control??? Makes sense given his age and lack of experience.

Wish Adelaide had that enthusiasm...

You haven't turned on us Stat??? :) Always good to have an interest in your local squad, except when your local squad is the Kings...

Reply #156042 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754