Anonymous
Years ago

Maher Injury

Does anyone know how serious his injury is? i couldnt attend the game last night due to family occasion so i don't know how it happened. Hopefully all is good for our inspirational leader.

Topic #13404 | Report this topic

hustle  
Years ago

apparently a calf strain i read on nbl.com.au

Reply #156307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that a 2- 3 weeks injury? or does it depend on the severity.

Reply #156308 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

nbl.com.au - "The only negative of the result for the Sixers was a calf injury to Brett Maher that could sideline the skipper for several weeks". That's all it says.

Reply #156309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great. This now gives Smyth another excuse

Reply #156312 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

I think this is really further evidence for the need to sack Chappell. Maher looked like he was laboring long before he was taken off last night and really needed more of a rest. He played 36 of the 40 minutes leading up to his injury. It seemed like Phil was too scared to take him off as when he does go to the bench, things on the court tend to go down the crapper.

If we had an import who was actually bringing something at the 3 spot, could create, do some ball handling and score in different ways rather then just being a spot up shooter who shoots bricks, some of that pressure might have been taken off Brett. Instead of having to play for so many minutes at such a high work rate, he wouldn't have to play as much and wouldn't be the only one able to create something offensively on the perimeter. Chappell can't even play enough minutes as he is getting into foul trouble due to his extremely poor lateral movement. Looks like we make have indirectly paid the price for Mal and Phil not making the call on Chappell. Lets hope he is gone come Monday and that Brett's injury isn't too severe.

Reply #156324 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The NBL site's article on Maher's injury has a big photo of Westover clapping. Zzz.

Reply #156330 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Shows you what the league thinks of Adelaide. We've known that indirectly for a while through the poor calls from referees, but this is definitely a new low.

Reply #156334 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Disgusting and disrespectful. Whoever made that error should be shown the door.

Reply #156341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't it just be an innocent mistake rather than something disrespectful?

Reply #156344 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Just like the initial action by Abney and the wrong call (should have been an unsportsmanlike foul) on that Hill incident was an "innocent mistake" by the referees.

Reply #156352 | Report this post

Hoops 28  
Years ago

sounds like you've been fouled out one too many times yourself.

Reply #156355 | Report this post

Roseboy  
Years ago

I remember a few years ago Maher made a joke that he had a sore back after the Sixers won the championship due to carrying the team. It appears his calf just wasn't up to it this year.

Reply #156357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher will be out for weeks.

Reply #156361 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"If we had an import who was actually bringing something at the 3 spot, could create, do some ball handling and score in different ways rather then just being a spot up shooter who shoots bricks, some of that pressure might have been taken off Brett."

There's an Australian kid that you guys should have chased..... He would have done the trick and saved you an import slot too....... Something Ingles, I believe.

Reply #156386 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

And we couldn't spell his damn name on the contract

Reply #156404 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maher out six weeks is the word. Ouch!

Reply #156438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:59 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754