Nick
Years ago

36ers - Next 3 games

The 36ers may be without Brett Maher but the draw looks pretty good for the next month or so. The next 3 games are against the bottom 3 teams so basically their next 3 games couldn't get any easier. Next game is against Singapore in Singapore. Should be an easy one but the Sixers always seem to be very questionable without Maher and when they are on the road. This game will have both of those circumstances but they will be playing against the hopeless Slingers who are 1-8. Then they'll suit up against the Drangons (1-6) at home and we really should win that one followed by a Sunday afternoon game against the Crcos. All game we SHOULD win and if we do win them we'll be back at .500 wil a 6-6 record.

Topic #13409 | Report this topic

Wayville 14  
Years ago

I'm tipping they'll possibly get the last one at home and lose the other two. 36ers don't know how to win on the road with Brett, they have no hope in hell without him..... Maybe they need to get a few tips from the Lightning girls, they haven't lost a game on the road yet !!

Reply #156332 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

"36ers don't know how to win on the road" - Yeah but the Slingers don't know how to win period.

Reply #156333 | Report this post

Wayville 14  
Years ago

Not sure if the 36ers have beaten the Slingers in Singapore - They lost the first game there last season.

Reply #156347 | Report this post

justwin  
Years ago

slingers won pretty well tonight
sixers will get demolished by slingers and dragons

Reply #156365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Maher - No Sixers.

Pretty simple really.

Reply #156372 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

For the very first time, i actually disagree with that type of no Maher No Sixers statement. I think with Brad Davidson on board, this team will go close to winning those next 3. I'm so impressed with his drive and determination.... he makes us instantly competitive.

Reply #156373 | Report this post

Years ago

You cant say that about the slingers after playing such a magnificent game tonite.
Dont underestimate the slingers,they are proving to be a very competitive outfit.

Reply #156374 | Report this post

pitstop  
Years ago

Slingers beat Wildcats tonight!!!...... "Slingers can't win period" Nick? Eat up those words and watch an emerging young team get stronger by the minute!

Reply #156375 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Emerging young team hahaha their team is:
Helms, Grizzard, Knight... that's it.
none of those three are really young and as long as we dont let Helms score 44 like Brown and Crawford did 2nite we should b fine.

Reply #156376 | Report this post

pitstop  
Years ago

No that is not it... I thought there are 5 + a bench in a bball team. The rest of the team are rookies/young guns who more than prove their talent and determination each week.

Reply #156377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The crowd factor will play no part in the game seeing as the Slingers got another bumper crowd of 'approx' 1000 people (more like 500 i'd say)

Reply #156378 | Report this post

XztatiK .

As a very long time supporter of the 36ers , I hate to have to tell you the Slingers now slowly seem to have more going for them than the 36ers.

Both of the imports are contributing well, they have several young players who are improving week after week . The coach is committed to developing and giving some responsibility to young players and is honest in his after match media interviews about the performance and challenges ahead for the team.

Tonight was the first time that Helms and Grizzard both played well so you better get Chappel to lift his game or it could be a long road back next week for the 36ers if Maher is not playing.

Reply #156379 | Report this post

pitstop  
Years ago

Were you at the game???????? At least 1000 I would say, if not more and great to see a good game and hear some noise. Ask Trahair if the crowd has changed since last season and I would guarantee he would say yes. More coming and more noise definately.

Reply #156380 | Report this post

Seems everyone is getting a bit excited about the Slingers versus the 36ers .... That is only good and certainly the 36ers will be favorite on Sunday here in Singapore .......but without Maher the match will be much more even ...........just to correct XztatiK ..regarding the age of the players on the two teams ; assuming the starting 5 are Maher, Davidson, Chappel, Ballinger and Cooper and for the Slingers McDonald, Helms, Grizzard, Knight and Cameron then the average age difference is more than 5 years...and if you look at the regular 10 players ( without Dodman , Burton ) then the difference remains more than 5 years......Knight is the only Slinger over 30 years of age with Adelaide having Davidson, Maher , Dench , Cooper and not to mention Copeland.

Reply #156381 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

#156373, agreed on Davidson, the 6ers desperately needed him back. However, hasn't Maher been in the top two scorers for Adelaide almost every game this season? Also has his defense on two of the leagues highest scoring guards in the past two games been a major factor in each match? Not to mention his leadership, assists etc that he contributes. The 36ers need both Maher and Davidson in order to be successful. Ng is not consistent enough to play major minutes and Sutton isn't experienced enough. Adelaide will lose matches if either Maher or Davidson don't play.

Reply #156406 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

pitstop, I have nothing against the Slingers and I WANT them to succeed but you can blame a guy for saying that a team doesn't know how to win when they are 1-8! They did extremely well against the Wildcats and I hope they continue to do well. What I find interesting is that a losing team like the Slingers finally win a game and everyone starts saying that they are know a good team where as the Sixers are also a losing team and like Singapore had a good win on the weekend yet people still have no faith in Adelaide. Why does a Singapore win fill people with belief and an Adelaide win do nothing what so ever for the fans.

Reply #156474 | Report this post

Nick . Maybe because people have much higher expectations of the 36ers than they have of the Slingers. Everyone knows it will be a very difficult season for the Slinger but many ,including me, was expecting top results consistently for the 36ers based on the news coming out of the club early in the season . Managing expectations is often the key to how the fans feel about the performance of the team.

Reply #156479 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Defence wins games, i didnt say anything about the 6ers being a young team so i dont see how youre 'correcting' me there, theyre not a young team nor are they a good team but they are abetter team than the slingers.
all i said was they only have 3 players that are consistently performing and none of those are young, developing players. cameron has potential but right now he is a starting Centre who cant even manage 4 rebounds a game. Janev and McDonald seem to have the occasional good game but neither is really worthy of a starting spot in this league and i cant see either having too much impact this season.

"Tonight was the first time that Helms and Grizzard both played well so you better get Chappel to lift his game or it could be a long road back next week for the 36ers if Maher is not playing. "

that was certainly not the first time this year that their two imports have both performed and please dont make it look like im a fan of chappell because im certainly not.

sooo i stand by my statement that singapore are a team of 3 players, much like wollongong last year, and just like wollongong last year they will not make the 8.

Reply #156534 | Report this post

Hi XztatiK. Thanks for your feedback . No hard feelings and good to hear you have strong views !

Anyway , if ever there was a team of 3 players then it has to be this years 36ers. Sorry maybe I should say a team of 2 now with Maher down for several weeks...Davidson and Ballinger are excellent and anybody would want them in their team but after those 3 then I think the 36ers quality drop nearly as quickly as the Slingers if Chappel can not lift his performance.......

Agree Mottram and Ng are certainly much more experienced than Janev and McDonald so their performance should be way ahead but is it really , you tell me ? ...personally I doubt they will set the world on fire this year and I would go as far as to say that Janev and McDonald will make a bigger contribution for their team. For the centre I repect your views about Cameron but frankly I would choose him most times ahead of both Cooper or Dench.

Ok, the Slingers team is no where as experienced as the 36ers and we all know they will not make the top 8 this year - but I doubt the 36ers will too and if the 36ers do not get into the finals what have the club achieved this year ? The point is that the Slingers has already started to focus on developing several younger players and in this regard the 36ers are behind the Slingers because if they stay then Cameron , Janev, McDonald, Fitzgerald will be a much more competitive group than Ng, Sutton and any 2 young players at same age ,unless we can get Ingles and Holmes back to the 36ers.

I hope you enjoy the match on sunday , the 36ers should win by 10 .

Reply #156572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754