Kent Brockman
Years ago

Cairns have problems

going 0-2 against the Blaze and Gong make me wonder how long the owners of the Taipans are prepared to throw large sums of money at big name players.

You would think that the Pigs roster would be about half the $ of the Taipans.

Taipans would be the biggest under performers so far in the league.

Topic #13415 | Report this topic

DICKO  
Years ago

They have definitely not gotten value for their off-season spending spree.

They're so crap at the moment, the only team they'd be guaranteed to beat is Adelaide :-)

Reply #156387 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The Dragons win a couple and look who comes out fighting!

Reply #156388 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Mate, I've been predicting the downfall of Adelaide for 2 and a half seasons. I don't think I've just come out fighting now.

Besides, the Dragons are on the improve, the 6ers are clearly not.

Reply #156392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Taipans are sucking bigtime!

Hmmmmm just look are their team.. what the hell is going wrong?

They should be in the top 2 and they are almost looking to drop out of the top 8.

I bet that heads are rolling in Cairns.

Blacky was given the green light to buy a championshit this year and his plans are disasterously falling apart.

Is a case of too many big names? Too many Egos? No harmony?

I can only imagine what the mood is like at the Taipans camp right now.. they were doing alot better same time lst year with the 'duds' they disposed of..

Interesting.

Well they would hope to have a cracking 2nd half of the season after this start BUT they are walking a knifes edge at the minute.

Reply #156393 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Having watched the Snakes live yesterday they are definately struggling at the moment. But, IMO they will still be a contender come finals time. The loss of Mee is really hurting and the lack of cohesion without him at the point is clearly obvious. When he does return and gets back to fitness this team will show what they can do. Mee will bring on court leadership and decision making oin offence - allowing Black and Cat to concentrate on scoring and when they click into gear it will open up for Abney and Jawai (man is he a big unit) The only player Id have questions about would be Tucker - he should be producing a lot more at the moment than he is (and at least looking interested)

Certainly not taking anything away from teh Blaze yesterday though as they played some fantastic D and smothered the snakes into errors and missed shots and did the job with efficiency at the offensive end :):)
Great win and now sitting at 5-4 and in 4th on the ladder!

Reply #156394 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Besides, the Dragons are on the improve, the 6ers are clearly not.
Maher injury aside, they looked far better against the Breakers. Still didn't rack up points or put NZ away until the final minutes, but the defense was a real improvement.

Was just thinking about Cairns this morning. They're only going to keep throwing money at it for so long. Can't really say that any of their players bar Jawai have beaten expectations?

Reply #156400 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

You have to allow a 4-6 week gelling period though ...

Reply #156419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commonly called pre-season..

Sorry but with that team and going so ridiculously over the salary cap there should be enough individual talent to negate any 'gelling' period don't you think?

The sh!t would be hitting the fan there right now.

Reply #156428 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Dicko your not still upset about how the Sixers took care of the Magic/Titans are you? ;)

Reply #156478 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

I think both Abney & Tucker have under performed big time. Abney fires up against the Bullets and they win easily,but it's his only decent game this year. Tucker has been the big flop,Boodnikoff has just lost all form and for some reason since Cat's return Black won't take shots?

They'll finish top 4 or 5 without any trouble.

Just a matter of whether after Mee returns can the rest play to their ability?

Reply #156834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:43 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754