FLY
Years ago

Trash Talking

After talking to a bloke who previously played against Paul Rees, I have learnt that he is a huge trash talker... Just wondering who else trash talks and peoples tactics when trash talking?

Topic #1344 | Report this topic

interested  
Years ago

i talk about your mums full on they love it!!!

Reply #15451 | Report this post

old boys  
Years ago

Whitmore: playing for the opposite team when I was a kid. Starts telling me where to cut and basically coaching the whole time while we are guarding each other. Like trying to guard him and him saying "OK get on the split line, yea thats it" or setting a pick "nice pick, now roll". etc. Was a new way of trash talking and quite entertaining.

Mesecke: trashing our coach the whole game while he was playing.

Trash talking just does not happen these days in the local league. Everyone seems to be too nice.

Reply #15465 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

Why trash talk, just win the damn game, that will piss them off more

Reply #15484 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Trash talking definitely still happens in the local league. I think your right in saying it doesn't happen as much compared to the 90's but it's still out there.
I used to love watching Don Shipway trash talk the other team. The Noarlunga tiger boys used to give back just as much, it was very entertaining.

Reply #15510 | Report this post

old boys  
Years ago

Yea but most of its in this forum and not out on the court.

Reply #15518 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Reply #15570 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

yo muma is trailer trash and she trash talks in the sak

Reply #15572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ever1 has trash talked at one stage.

Reply #15586 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I don't usually talk much, but had a really shitty day at work yesterday that put me in a bad mood. Hit my first three shots, started talking a bit. My defender tried to talk back, put up three bricks and bounced the ball off his foot twice.

Kept talking all half. Karma came back to bite me and I copped a head butt (accidental) to the eye, now I have a great shiner....

Reply #15610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players maybe part of game but when coaches start to do it in junior grades it goes too far.

Reply #46446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754