Soulman
Years ago

Thought's On Mascot?

I think The 36'ers need some sort of mascot , I dont know what we could do(not that funny guy from about four seasons ago ),A figure that demands attention, is the best at what he does,dominates and above all gets respect from his colleagues any suggestions?

Topic #13453 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

MURRAY!!!!

Reply #156920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to see a mascot. Something to lighten the mood is a good idea. Maybe a giant hairy nosed wombat in a 36ers outfit? (Probably wont change the game but can make us laugh despite it all!) Or perhaps it would bring us luck?

Reply #156921 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

The termite from Goodwood Road?

(just joking)

Reply #156922 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

bring back murray magpie! get him doing dunks off trampolines, and backflips down the sidelines, get the crowd enthused again!

Reply #156923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree! Bring Back Murray! The crowd absolutley loves him!

Reply #156928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just get lots of small uniforms made up... almost rat size. Then blow a hooter or something under the stands buring breaks and watch the rats scamper from one side of the court to the other.

(I can't believe there's been 5 replies and none were about the rats :P)

Reply #156936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the Milk Monster?

Reply #156937 | Report this post

Roy  
Years ago

why did murray magpie leave in the first place? he/she won the mascot dunk comp then disapeared.......

Reply #156945 | Report this post

Hasbreath  
Years ago

Has to be Murray.

Reply #156949 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

Bring back Mr Pringle, that fight he had on court with Sam dunk a few years ago (With chips flying everywhere) was a classic. Funniest thing I've seen at the dome besides Ronaldson run.

Reply #156957 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

From memory - wasn't it Shane Ahmatt as a once off who played the part of Murray Magpie to win the dunk comp?

Reply #156958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Murray magpie morphed into Sam Dunk.
My understanding is the costume in it's final years was beyond repair and BASA at the time could not afford a new one.... Plus Potsie doesn't seem to like mascots. Maybe some sort of childhood trauma or something.

Reply #156966 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

I think the end of Murray was when someone stole part of his uniform.

Seriously - we should get a mascot - remember last season when the drunken uni games where on, and one team came to a sixers game with there mascot? He ran up and down a few times on the sidelines and the kids loved it.

But mayne not the Milk Monster as annoymous suggested - I have visions oof a scene from Dodge Ball

Reply #156969 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Bring Back Murray, having seen (and been attacked for wearing 36ers gear)Wilbur wildcat over here, the value of a mascot in keeping the crowd pumped cannot be underestimated.

Reply #156976 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Shouldn't it be Murray the Piping Shrike?

Reply #156983 | Report this post

xtc  
Years ago

Its actually a Magpie Minor.

Reply #156991 | Report this post

xtc  
Years ago

Its actually a Magpie Minor.

Reply #156995 | Report this post

Homey the Clown  
Years ago

How about 'Isaac the Mascot'

Reply #156996 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

he just drives round and round the court in the Ferrari

Reply #157001 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

mascots are seriously important to get the crowd hyped up, last year when we had the all star game and there was the taipans mascot paying out the 36ers and being a fool, that got the crowd into it! there has been a thread suggesting that the adelaide crowd is becoming too quiet, im not saying a mascot will change it to a noisy place, but it definitely cant hurt! it wudnt cost too much would it? 200 bucks for the costume and 150-200 a night for sum1 to be in it?

Reply #157019 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boom, multiply your costume cost by around 10 or more.

Reply #157026 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Isaac, your personal assistant should be able to stitch something up in her bikini fairly cheap shouldn't she?

Reply #157035 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

lockstock.. your post is useless without pictures :)

is this the same bikini clad personal assistant that polishes and buffs the Ferrari twice a week???

Reply #157036 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

How about a bit of tradition and bring in a river rat (for old times sake)as part of Dome tradition

Reply #157039 | Report this post

Isiah Thomas  
Years ago

Shouldn't a mascot reflect the team it's supporting?

...Chicken with it's head cut off anyone?

Reply #157041 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

.. or a male giraffe with no balls

Reply #157077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just ask around at an old folk's home and see if someone would shimmy(sp) around on their walking frame handing out retirement packages to most of the team????

Reply #157088 | Report this post

tigerman  
Years ago

heard that one of the ushering staff has had experience at doing this role at a sanfl club,perhaps they could use him!!!

Reply #157150 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754