XY
Years ago

NZ v Singapore (Spoilers)

The game between the Sixers last, and next, opponents has commenced in NZ.

Quarter time shows NZ playing where it left off in Adelaide, and Singapore playing as well as it did to beat the Wildcats in its last outing: Singapore 23 - 14.

I would be surprised if Singapore can keep this up, but it just goes to show you can't treat the bottom side lightly. The Sixers will have to play very well on Sunday to win given that Maher won't be playing.

Topic #13461 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Grizard looking very good so far!
Rickert has 7 boards with 8 minutes to go in the 2nd!

Reply #157037 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

NZ Win 98-92...in OT penney had 30

Reply #157046 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Worst Refereeing ive seen all year, Grizzard, Helms and Rickert especially were getting hacked everytime they went up.

Some great D by Vukona and Henare at the end won it.

Reply #157052 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

XztatiK

Totally agree with you about the refs.

How ever Slingers were cost the game by the refs, either from being bias to the home team or being totally incompetant and inconsistant.

Slingers just physically beat up by Vukona and others in the last 3-4 mins of regular time.
Thats the only reason OT happened.

Grizzard performed well, Helm tired out from the load of carrying the ream week in week out.

Felt sorry for Gordie

Reply #157063 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide's chances against Singapore?

I couldn't work out if Singapore played quite well or if NZ just couldn't shoot to save themselves for much of it.

Rickert didn't play at all towards the end, anyone know why?

Reply #157080 | Report this post

Singapore played well but should have held on to the lead . It was a mistake by Grizzard which lead to Oscar getting the open shot from the corner to make the famous 3 otherwise the result would have been different. Adelaide should still be clear favorites - and this time it is the Slingers who have been on the road and must be very tired after the last week's tough matches with 2 OT's.

Reply #157083 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've actually been wondering which absence will be more damaging to Adelaide - Maher or Davidson? Have heard some say that they think Davidson just brings them all together perfectly and think that he could be enough to them past Singapore. Ng can get 20-30 in a game when the chances are there.

Good to see some of the new Singapore guys in action - McDonald, Fitzgerald, etc. Slingers didn't do too badly putting together a side largely from leftovers. Janev looks decent for one.

Reply #157091 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The Sixers have (in the past) looked completely lost without Maher. Whilst I would like to see the new look Sixers in action before committing, I expect that with Davidson on court it may not be as much of a problem as it was last year.

Maher's ability to make his own shot, to create when the offence is stagnant, and to finish down the stretch is irreplaceable. But I think I am with you Isaac (or those people you have 'heard'), Davidson may have been more of a loss to team cohesion than Maher will be. Maher does alright on the assist count, but I am not sure you could call him a traditional PG. Davidson is more likely to bring guys like Ballinger and Mottram into the game.

But it really is very hard to say until we have seen the Sixers in a couple of games with no Maher.

Reply #157093 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754