Isaac
Years ago

Ebi Ere's 'Dunk of the Year'

Some are calling it the Dunk of the Year (at least so far), so for those who are yet to see it:

Topic #13464 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

Isaac could you please post the link.. for some reason I cannot view vids posted in the message on here.
Cheers

Reply #157078 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #157079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was big but its easier when you get a solid run at in. more well timed then massive.

Reply #157087 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

That's off the freakin chain!

ShaneD

Reply #157095 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Unless you've got Shaq sized hands...to be able to control that all the way to the rim is amazing. Dillan Boucher often called the ultimate team man - provides the leg up :P

Top 5 I have seen in the league.

Reply #157096 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Thats a very tidy dunk! I reckon that one will stay up there in the ratings for this season.

Reply #157098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"was big but its easier when you get a solid run at in. more well timed then massive."

What a stupid comment.

Of course it was massive... how else do you get massive dunks without a runup?

This would have to be a candidate for Dunk of the Decade in the NBL.

Reply #157102 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Anon 157087 - that is like saying "it is easy to hit 10 3's when you shoot really well".

I wouldn't assign my name to a crazy comment like that either!

Reply #157103 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The only dunks that I can recall (in Australia/NBL) that I think would be on par with Ere's putback was Vince Carter dunking over that French frog during the Olympics and Groves alley at the Dome from a few years ago.

Most def a contender for NBL dunk of the decade.

Reply #157105 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze on Cecil Exum was the biggest dunk in NBL history.......

Reply #157106 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Anyone remember the massive Sydney guy who was ex-NBA centre several years back, late 1990s I reckon... ummmmmmm.... ahhh I forget his name at the moment. He threw down some massive power stuff inside.

Reply #157107 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

thedoc, your playing with fire..... cecil exum... one of the funniest threads of all time.

Reply #157109 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I couldn't resist. I'm a bad man.

Reply #157110 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Great Dunk, no doubt, but in his prime Rob Rose used to put back missed shots like that on a fairly regular basis. He timed a couple of missed free throws that were awesome.

Ere's is certainly the best I've seen in a fair while though.

"Gaze dunk on Cecil Exum" he he he he he.

Reply #157111 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

hahaha doc.

Massive dunk. But Leon Trimmingham pretty much had one like that every week.

Lanard Copeland would have a pretty decent highlight reel too, from his Tigers days.

Darnell Mee has thrown down some massive facials.

Best of the decade is a stretch me thinks

Reply #157118 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

James Smith from the Kings. Remember those dunks of his?

More impressive than Ebi's IMO. Probably the most recent taste of NBA-level dunks perhaps?

1994's top ten dunks while we're discussing dunks:

Reply #157122 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

James Smith was sponsored by Adidas for a while I think. What ever happened to him?

Reply #157124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Saw someone on OzHoops say he was working somewhere in Sydney. Still shoots around a bit but doesn't play much?

Reply #157127 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Bringing up the Cecil Exum thing - if you google Cecil Exum now his tirade is #2 ... really painted himself in a corner there.

Reply #157130 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

The last one on that James Smith one isnt actually smith, is it? Thought it was one of those late season additions, maybe even Issac Burton ?

Reply #157137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember being at a game in Mark Davis' last or second to last season and he had a running bet with someone else on the team that he could get 3 dunks in a season. This game I was at, he got dunk number 2 which was a one handed alley oop. It was awesome. If anyone has footage, please post it!!!

Reply #157139 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

#157139 was me.

Oops.

Reply #157140 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Melvin - it was Kendrick Johnson.

Reply #157143 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Oh - and the Ebi dunk was definitely the first I've seen in the NBL in a while which made me actually rewind & watch it again. Came out of nowhere.

Reply #157144 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

The top 10 dunks from 1994 should have been easy to pick. There were probably only 10 dunks for the entire season :P

Reply #157146 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I remembered who I was thinking of! Acie Earl. I recall sitting close to the front row of the Powerhouse for one game, and he turned seemingly from the foul line and just hammered it in with his massively long arm, smashing through a few Sixers defenders. Not as spectacular as some dunks, but so powerful!

Reply #157149 | Report this post

>  
Years ago

TR - on par with vince over the 7'1 frenchmen...uve got to be kidding...

Reply #157151 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

for those who can remember at apollo bill jones with the put back dunk on the buzzer to win the game,would have been 85 or 86.... that was gold

Reply #157154 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

While we are talking NBL dunks here's something I uploaded just for you guys.

Remember Saville throwing it down on Mark Davis?

Reply #157155 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

going by anon 157087 post, Carters dunk was easy... he had a run up...

Reply #157158 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

plus Carter was on a fast break in open court bar the retarded frog in front of him. The only thing amazing about the dunk was it was completely over a 7 footer. Carter is known for his hops and dunking ability.

Ere's dunk came in traffic over two players plus as mentioned earlier had great timing and when looking at the replay the ball wasn't exactly sitting on the rim.

Reply #157160 | Report this post

**BALLA**  
Years ago

I saw the dunk live from good position and it was very impressive live, he jumped high! It seemed he was 2 foot above the rim when he grabbed the ball. It was a great dunk, I can't recall him doing that when he played for the Kings. The And 1 guys at the game came alive when they saw that play. That and CJ's 3 from way downtown towards the end were highlights. In the pre-match game Shore beat Scots for the Sydney cup by 10, 55-45.

Reply #157167 | Report this post

Jarrad  
Years ago

Thing that i noticed from those 94 dunks were the crowds at the games. Basketball sure was onto a good thing but just couldnt keep the momentum rolling or sustain it.

Reply #157172 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

"The only thing amazing about the dunk was it was completely over a 7 footer."

amazing?!?!? you think?!??!?! completely clearing a 7 footer gets the nod over a standard put back dunk tr..

Reply #157173 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

dont get me wrong...very impressive dunk...just...no where near as impressive as clearing some giant

Reply #157176 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Afraid I'm on Jules's side in this one TR (did I just type that?), there's no way Vince's dunk is just "on par" with Ere's. If Ere's dunk is par then Vince's is an eagle.

Reply #157184 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Vinces has to go down as one of the best of all time just beause of how different it is to anything done before. Playing for your country in the olympics, with REAL refs, not NBA ones, on the fast break, seeing a 7'1 centre infront of you and jumping right over the top of him!

Anyone remember Farley's dunk last season, the alley from Copeland from the other side of the rim at the 3, the ball comes in a metre above the rim and Farley gets up and throws it down.

Reply #157192 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Farley....Farley....not ringing any bells there...

Reply #157196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Vince's dunk is clearly superior to Ebi's. I reckon you could go and find a highlight video of Vince's dunks from one season alone and find a handful that top Ebi's. Forget about height differences or athleticism - it's about what makes you go "wow". Ebi's is "wow" in the context of the NBL, less so elsewhere.

Here's 100 VC dunks. The guy puts down windmill alley-oops for breakfast. He's probably a cocky wanker, but you have to admit he knows how to dunk:

Reply #157199 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

The LAST thing i want to do is start a greatest dunker of all time debate.....but can anyone honestly watch that video and say there has ever been anyone who can dunk a basketball better than VC?

(note: I'm asking you to WATCH it before you reply!)

Reply #157203 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Some of the best dunks I have seen at Bullets games are from the Dream Team even though they do have the advantage of using spring boards.

Reply #157207 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, are they called they dream team, I've just had a mental blank?

Reply #157208 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Sorry I think its scream.

Reply #157209 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

'wow' factor is correct isaac...imagine 90 percent of those dunks Vince does in the NBL, they would be talked about for years and years

and id be pretty cocky to if i could dunk like vince...

as for the wanker call...bit harsh maybe???? hes not a wanker...

Reply #157210 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

In that video Carter was getting put backs like they were nothing. He has to be cocky, who else comes through the lane and thinks "I might 360 this".

Reply #157211 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

he probably gets bored in the air, and then decides to 360

Reply #157212 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

that video of vince... unbelievable!

Reply #157215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on the VC video, check the dunk with 5.39 remaining in the clip
on the reply you can see his head is above the ring, ridiculous

Reply #157234 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754