Anonymous
Years ago

Ipod Video - what video format?

I'm looking at getting an Ipod Video but I know absolutely bugger all about them. What sort of format does the music and videos have to be in to play on an Ipod? How do you get it into that format? Also, I saw some Ipods on eBay and the starting bid was something like $10.00! How can that be right? Are those sorts of things some kind of scam or what? The seller can't possibly make any money out of selling Ipods that cheap!

Topic #13473 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Hey i have a iPod Classic.. Movies mainly in mpeg4 and music in numourous formats like mp3 and mp4.. If there not in these formats you can easily buy or download a iPod Format COnverter software.. There easy to use??..

And My opinion is dont buy of ebay.. buy from the iPod store that way u no exacly what your getting and it is the best quality iPod you can get..

Any Help??

Reply #157214 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I had a play with one of those new ipod touches the other day (basically an i-phone minus the phone part), great toy, super sexy, only 16 gig file size though, so wouldn't take long to fill up if you've got a lot of movies and tv shows. You can get one of the older 80 gig models pretty cheap now since the release of the touch, they're not as sexy though, the screen is a lot smaller and you can't surf the net on them.

Reply #157218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which Ipod Video has the biggest screen?

Reply #157219 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Just a error inur post billow "older 80 gig model" There called iPod Classic there half the thickness then the older 80 gigs and look very different.. Also available are 160 gig model which are the same thickness as the old 80 gig models.. I have the 80 gig model it fair thing for 80 gig..

Reply #157220 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Touch has bigger screen but you only get 16 gig.. i would go with a classic 80 or 160 gig as stated before..

Reply #157221 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

iPod store info on iPods:

http://www.apple.com/au/itunes/

Reply #157222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might get an ipod touch. as billo said, they are $EXY!

Reply #157225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before I go and buy an Ipod of any kind I want to know HOW to covert music and video into the right format so that it will play on an ipod. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Reply #157227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you need a program to do this?

Reply #157228 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

I said above in my first post you need to use a iPod FOrmat Converter.. Search it in google to download one or just drop in to harvey norman and they have them for about $15.. Easy to use..

Reply #157230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Kobe!

Reply #157237 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have an iPhone and like it. If you happen to need a new phone, don't use Three as your network, can deal with 8GB of space, then it might be worth a shot. I got mine in, put in my Optus sim and it worked straight away. Hit the Contact Hoops link at the top of the page if you want one as I can get more.

iTunes seems to convert some videos into the right format - try that first.

Reply #157278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you put a video on an ipod does it shrink in size??

Reply #157340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754