Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Players when they were young

Is it true that Jacob Holmes played in Div 4 or 5 in U16s? Also I think Brad Newley played Div 3 U16s? Anyone know any other players that are now pros but were in low divs when they were juniors?

Topic #13474 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Yer its true..

Reply #157216 | Report this post

ref 23  
Years ago

Luke Schenser(spelling) played under 16 div 5, could not even catch a ball

Reply #157226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was watching the SA Sports show last night an channel 31 and Erin Phillips said that she only started when she was 14 but she made the state team that year. That's what you call a natural, Incredible!

Reply #157229 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Doesn't matter what division you play, if you know you can improve then stick at it

Reply #157243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett wheeler - U18 D4

Reply #157246 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I remember playing against Luke Schenscher in under 16's. He was terrible but it doesn't really matter when you are a foot taller then everyone :P

Reply #157271 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

My son was doing a Holiday camp at Port Adelaide years ago and I remember Erin, her Mum & Dad walking in and going down to the far court.

Erin would have been 14 or 15 at the time. I remember Erin and her mum bombing in 3 pointers for about 20-30mins. Erin was pretty handy back then, but I was really suprised that her Mum dropped in so many; they where both on fire that day.

Talent was very kind to the Phillips family.

Reply #157311 | Report this post

sdf  
Years ago

By the way

Jacob Holmes was never in a div 3 or 4 team his whole junior career

Div 1 or 2 all the way through. U16 Div 1 as a first year and second year

Reply #157343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't Nick Hambour make his basketball start quite late?

Reply #157350 | Report this post

Anfield  
Years ago

Are these division being quoted here domestic divisions or representative divisions?

My cousin started at centre ahead of Andrew Bogut in u16 down at the Waverley Falcons. Word is that Bogut's dad was very annoyed at his son not starting. Now look where they both are. They are miles apart!

Reply #157373 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:51 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754