OZBBallDream
Years ago

Chan 9 advertising at 36rs matches ?

I am curious to know, when watching a 36rs match on foxtel the other night played in Adelaide ( I live in Melb ) I saw advertising for Channel 9 ??

What is the go with this ?..I mean don't get me wrong we need all the sponsors we can get but why is there advertising by the network at the Dome but no FTA coverage or rarely any decent highights. Channel 9, (well at least in Melb) are synonimous for only showing scores and not highlights of NBL matches.I think the 36rs are getting a raw deal with that sponsorship, or maybe someone can fill me in..??

It's like saying we want our exposure in your game but we won't help yopu expose the game on our network ??...what happened to I'll sratch your back and you scratch mine ??...or are the 36rs getting something out of this I don't know about ?

Topic #1350 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

I'm sure that there is no "raw deal".

Channel 9 obviously pay for advertising space, and as such get their signage displayed.

If promoting the club was part of sponsorship deals, why is there no "36ers San Remo Pasta" or "Maher MILK" produced by National Foods (The owners of Pura Milk)

Reply #15565 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Actually, now that you mention it, Channel 9 did a good report on last week's game, and apparently are doing a spread tonight on the 3 locals making their mark in the bid for the banner.

Reply #15602 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

I am guessing it may be a contra deal for the season ticket campaign the sixers ran before the season commenced.

Reply #15621 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

There was a season ticket campaign on Channel 9???

I dont think while watching Billy Graham's Bible Hour at 4am counts Liam :)

Reply #15676 | Report this post

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

Ok, fairynuff Yogee, it just seems odd to me that's all that a FTA network wants the advertising space but doesn't want a bar of coverage,that's all. But then again the 36rs are going to have to look like a more attractive TV deal for that to happen
( the management/admin I mean, not the team and fans )

Reply #15800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754