Anonymous
Years ago

How good can the Boston Celtics be?

After beating one of the East's best teams in New Jersey by 22 points,taking their tally to 7-0, the question has to be...

Who is going to beat the Celtics?

Barring injury, and the fact they will only gel even more as the season goes on, it is hard to see anyone challenging them in a 7 game series in the East anyway.

Its a pity they havent been shown on Foxtel yet this season, but I think there is a game vs Cavs coming up soon.

Topic #13532 | Report this topic

hooked  
Years ago

the 22 points would have been made up by the injured Vince Carter, so would have been a far better judge of form if he was playing.

Reply #157999 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I want to see how the Celtics come out of the Texas triangle (Dallas, Houston and Spurs) and the Valley of the Sun before I'll completely jump on the bandwagon...

Reply #158001 | Report this post

Mahatmas Cote  
Years ago

They will go deep into the East finals
but the West has way better teams and the
winner will not be Boston.

Reply #158003 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Exactly - no hype over beating ANY east team. Maybe Detroit with a resurgent 'Sheed.

If they beat Spurs/Houston/Dallas/Phoenix then I'll take notice.

The other thing you are assuming is that those old guys won't get injured. I suppose the same argument applies to the Spurs though.

Reply #158009 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

60 wins!!!

Reply #158024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

um im pretty sure the Pistons could beat the Celtics with the improved Jason Maxiell!!! 14 pts 14 rebounds! he eats people in his spare time! and with sheed playing like he is possesed and with everyone else chippin in like they usually do. Dont write off the Pistons for potential east champions and make one last run to the Finals!

Reply #158025 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

The celtics are awesome..they are beating teams by 15 + points.
KG is getting a double-double every game
Ray is money from downtown
Pierce is dropping 20 a game
Rajon is dropping dimes everywhere

This team has the potential to be a 65 wins team
Predicted Record: 66-16

Reply #158036 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

The Celtics beat New Jersey last week with a fit carter!

Reply #158047 | Report this post

phil lover  
Years ago

There not even close to the spurs, dallas or the suns they just havent versed any of the gd teams yet

Reply #158052 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Celtics havent really been tested yet. But i think they will do fine against the West, don't underestimate just how good KG is and just how much those 3 All-Stars scare the heck out of ANY defence! I'd be surprised if they couldn't beat a Spurs type team in 6 games....

Spurs, as good as they have been, really haven't been tested by a Eastern team with more than 1-2 main stars.

Reply #158060 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Eastern conference finals at the minimum. Not sure how they will do against some of the better teams from the west.. but I think they might suprise a few people. Bottom line, I can't see too many teams in the East capable of going with them in a 7 game series. Should make the playoffs more interesting this year :-)

Reply #158064 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I think Bill Simmons (although biased), makes a good case for them. Their 3 'stars' aren't playing for money or for stats anymore, they simply want a championship and are playing in that 'I don't care if my stats are crap as long as we win' mode. According to AP today, all three had a quiet one (for their standards) and their role players stepped up.

Will be very hard to beat in the East imo. Boston will surely be in the East Finals at a minimum, unless they run into an extremely hot LeBron or Wade in the Semis.

Reply #158065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People came into this season saying there would be no chemistry between these three superstars, and they wouldn't be very successful. And now they have rocketed off to a 7-0 start, shooting high percentages in their first 5 games, (but dropping a bit in 6 and 7) and now people are saying they haven't been tested by any good teams. No, they haven't come up against and REALLY good teams, but they have played team that are pretty good and beaten them easily.
If there are no injuries, I think this team will be 65-68 wins.

Reply #158069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People came into this season saying there would be no chemistry between these three superstars, and they wouldn't be very successful. And now they have rocketed off to a 7-0 start, shooting high percentages in their first 5 games, (but dropping a bit in 6 and 7) and now people are saying they haven't been tested by any good teams. No, they haven't come up against and REALLY good teams, but they have played team that are pretty good and beaten them easily.
If there are no injuries, I think this team will be 65-68 wins.

Reply #158070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KG has beaten goodteamd in the West before when at Sota (not all the time - but occasionally). And that was by himself! Now he has ray and PP to help!

Reply #158079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KG is the best player inth nba

Reply #164504 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

They will give it a mighty shake .

Besides the big three and Rondo they have some underrated role players .

Perkins is a solid defensive C who at worst provides a big body that can bang , board and block shots .

Posey will gain value as season progresses into playoffs with his rugged D , rebounding and crunch 3 pt shooting .

House is quietly having a stellar season providing instant scoring off the bench . In 19 minutes per contest he is dialling in 8 pts , 2 reb , 2 ass and 1 stl with a couple of 3's at 44% from the floor .

Tony Allen can certainly produce when needed and is gaining confidence in both his knee and subsequently game .

Powe and Davis are solid units who can provide front court relief with bursts of hustle and bustle .

Pollard is an experienced , level headed C who can relieve Perkins when required .

Reply #164505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754