Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Hawks last night

Anyone watch the game last night?

Phill Jones had 32 points in 26 minutes off the bench including an amazing basket on the three-quarter buzzer from the opposite foul line that was nothing but net. They showed a few replays including a classic one of Kavossy Franklin (who'd just hit a three to give the Hawks hope) watching the ball go over his head and go in - the look on his face should be in Plays of the Week. Carfino would've called that shot a "dagger".

Breakers went 65.4% from three point range and won 121-100. NZ were missing Wayne Turner, Hawks were without Lindsay Tait and Mat Campbell.

Second look at Cam Tragardh and he is a really decent player - had 22 points at better than 50%. Franklin led the Hawks with 24.

Rick Rickert had 24 (9/13 FG), Kirk Penney 21 (5/8 3P) and Oscar Forman 17 (6/7 FG, 3/3 3P).

SA kid Ryan Kersten had 5 assists in ten minutes backing up Pauli Henare - looks casual out there, but thought some of his passes were very good and is fun to watch.

Hawks import Angelo Reyes had 13 and 7 but looks like a bit of a complainer and got a tech disputing a non-call.

Breakers (who have snuck into 4th on the ladder) now visit Cairns, again without Turner, which should be a tough game for them. Hawks will travel to Perth where the Cats will be desperate to end a three game skid.

Topic #13536 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'd like to know who were the commentators one of them made a couple of comments that made him sound like Ned Flanders.

Also at one point I couldn't understand one of the commentators. I'm sure he was talking in another language. (I had only had three beers at this stage....)

Reply #158082 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They occasionally, and without warning, break into the Maori language.

Reply #158087 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Probably warming up to do the Haka on the bench

Reply #158091 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

only three beers Sturty????

and how many jaegermeisters????

Reply #158141 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

i hate that woman commentator "KIIIK PUNNY"

Reply #158179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754