Blazefan
Years ago

Longest Shots in NBL

After Phil Jones' long shot basket last night, I'd like to know if there have been any longer shots in the NBL (successful that is).

Given he was about in line with the top of his defending key, the shot had to be around 21-22 metres.

Topic #13543 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Any footage?

Reply #158120 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looked to be from the opposite foul line to me. Not yet on the Fox Sports site, so maybe check back in a couple of days?

Reply #158123 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac.

Reply #158125 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Just on Fox Sports - the footage of Ebi Ere's putback only appeared yesterday!

Reply #158133 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I saw that on the foxsports site on Monday Doc.

Reply #158134 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

It from the free throw line alright.
The look on Kavossy's face was a classic..

Reply #158135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is the phil jones shot footage online anywhere?

Reply #158153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nigel Purchase from Tigers easily wins the longest shot. Almost falling out of bounds at the baseline down his opponents end! Heaved a one arm sling over his shoulder and made it!

Reply #158156 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Darren Perry (SE Melbourne Magic, early or middle 90s?) also had a near full court, Hail Mary that went in. Received the ball a couple of metres inside the baseline, defensive end, had one step I think, before shooting. I always thought he travelled but never saw enough replays to be sure.

Reply #158258 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754