Anonymous
Years ago

Credit where credit is due

I watched a Sturt under 10 boys game this morning and must say I was very impressed.
They started the game with a 14-0 lead in about 5 minutes, they then pulled it back to half court and continued to dominate.
They then switched to left hand only for most of the second half, and pulled the kids of if they used their RH, they continued to increse the lead but the game was more even.
56 -14 LH half the game in U10's.
This forum loves to bag them however with a focus on skills like that it answers a few question in my book

Topic #13559 | Report this topic

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Yeah right.

Reply #158212 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Any decent coach would do that. It's a shame that all coaches dont take that attitude.
Bravo to the coach of the u 10 Sturt side. There is not enough coaches around with the sense to develop the players not just thump the opposition.

This forum loves to bag them however with a focus on skills like that it answers a few question in my book

Sometimes it does but then again people that dont put a name to a tread is just as bad.

Reply #158215 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Smart on the coaches part. You've got the win and these kids are at the age when they are developing so quickly. If you teach them now, they will always be able to use their left hand.

Reply #158218 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

Sturt Under 10's div 1 are always fantastic. Last season it was the same - no one got near them. Congratulations to the coach who teaches his team really well. Gotta wonder whether it's good for the kids in that team though - winning by so much so often, with no competition

Reply #158224 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

It is a District competion, not social ball. So if the sturt team meets a harder team, they will experience a challenge and hopefully will step up, just like they are hoping current opposition does next time they play.

I don't see any problems, coaches focus is on skill development.

Reply #158229 | Report this post

TT44  
Years ago

possibly a little embarresing however for the young kids and their parents to come out and play or watch a game where they get flogged by a bunch of kids playing left handed and rubbing it in their face how good they are!

Reply #158242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did not find it embarresing to the other team, understand your point but better than a 100-10 flog.
I did not see any rubbing in the face, other than the coach yelling "left" on quite a few occasions you would not have known

Reply #158247 | Report this post

CAT94  
Years ago

TT44,

Would you rather they run up the score, and win by 100+?

Reply #158249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754