Isaac
Years ago

Lightning vs Capitals

I think the game should be just about underway? Live scores should be here

Official game time is 2pm, but it's 2:16 now and no stats yet?

Topic #13571 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, we missed first half NBL game in Singapore
Looks like we will miss first half of WNBL game.

Reply #158329 | Report this post

Cat 43  
Years ago

Oh I see they won....Angela didnt start thou...mmm and a deserving player got more court time... did Vicki run this past Vince? Dont gt me wrong I think she is a good coach ... just that Vince isnt a team player.

Reply #158339 | Report this post

Moose 143  
Years ago

A quote from Angela Marino on her igning to Adelaide Link Lightning ....."From my point of view I know I could have gone elsewhere and played more," she said.

"But you reach a point sometimes where it would be better to have a role and earn your court-time in a better team than just playing a lot."

It may come to haunt her......

Reply #158341 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

I was there and Erin was absolutly on fire. Her cool head bring the ball down the floor and hitting crunch shots when it counted, said alot for allocation of court time.

Reply #158361 | Report this post

fully sick monaro  
Years ago

was a great game - it is going to be a tight comp.

what does dandy do so well to make us come unstuck.

canberra slowed our run and gun down and we looked a bit iffy then - but in the open court - look out.

bendigo doing well - perth beats top 2 teams - NZ team wins 3 straight - going to be close - should have top 5

jess foley for second straight home game - ices a big 3 in the dying secs to seal it.

happy 21st renae!

dale fletcher doing well - for some reason the volume on teh song "keep them separated" seems to be another 50% louder than other beats - need to tone that song down.

dancers even all had new haircuts.

baker boys head wobbles when they run.

Reply #158390 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I don't understand why Whittle was off for so long when Beattie was blocking everyone and pulling in rebounds, and getting easy shots under the basket?

PS. If anyone who knows the mother of the lightning bench player who does a running commentary of the game including 'shame ref shame'and tells the girls when to drive and when to shoot, and when to 'Defence' and when to do every single thing... at a very high decibel that sounds like a parrot squalking, can you please suggest she lower it an octave? People in the firing line have changed seats. (Funny)
Or then again, maybe they could put her on the bench with the coach because it's obvious the lightning have no clue what to do without her constant instructions ;)
At least we have 3 home games over with and only 7 left.
I'm all for cheering your team on but it's a bit over the top and like someone blowing a hooter non stop.

Reply #158458 | Report this post

Years ago

I agree about the Lightning fan screeching the whole game. I have moved away from directly in front of her. When asked if she could tone down her constant commentating she replied, 'if you don't like it move' - very neighbourly!!

Reply #158483 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Looks like there'll be a big gap in the crowd next season, (Unless her daughter doesn't make the team.)
I'd hate to think what it must have been like for the poor girl when she was playing juniors etc.)

Reply #158488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok share who the player is?

Reply #158505 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

she is new this season.

Reply #158524 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Very new, I haven't seen her before. DNP yet from what I can see.

Reply #158527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now, now play nice people. We can't choose our parents. I'm sure the player in question is just as embarrassed as you are annoyed.

Reply #158544 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754