skip
Years ago

36ers Scoring Record

Hey all
A few of us were arguing after the game that Ballingers 42 points was the highest score in a long time by a 36er. I said I was pretty sure that Dusty scored 46 point 2 years ago.

Anyone know for sure?

Topic #13585 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

V the kings i think before fouling out!
I was shattered still yet to see a 50 pt game

Reply #158459 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dusty had 44 on Oct 30 of the 05/06 season against the Breakers. Farley's best that season was 37 in Perth.

More 36ers stats from 05/06

Reply #158460 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Aha, 44 points, I was still right at least.

Who holds the all time scoring record for the sixers?

Reply #158461 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the top three are:

Darryl Pearce, 48 vs Newcastle in 88
Al Green, 47 vs Wollongong in 85
Mark Davis, 46 vs Newcastle in 87

Reply #158463 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

How many teams in NBL history would there be where 3 members have gone for 45 + at some stage.

Reply #158466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didn't al score like 74 once or was that when he was playing with west?????

Reply #158467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Clausen had 45 in 84 as well. Green had 40+ about 4-5 times in that 85 season.

NBL record is Green's 71 vs Frankston in 1984 on 25/41 FG.

Reply #158469 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I thought Farley and Maher have both hit the 50 mark?

Reply #158470 | Report this post

Iceman  
Years ago

Darryl Pearce had the chance to get 50 in the Newcastle game, but Davis shot a three at the end instead of passing him the ball. Pearce was pissed.

Reply #158471 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

36ers like Newcastle...

Reply #158538 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Reggie Biddings scored 63 pts in a 40 minute game back in 81 or 82 when the team were still known as the Adelaide City Eagles.

Does the club not recognise stats from the very early days?

Reply #158674 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Also, remember watching on free to air TV Pearces 48 pt game. He nailed 12 3-pointers, pretty sure it's still the Sixers record.

Ian Davies had 13 in a game for Newcastle back in the early 80's, still a league record i think.

Reply #158676 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Biddings game isn't listed under the 36ers records in the old NBL media guides but is in the All-Time league list, like Green's league high.

Reply #158677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #305426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #305427 | Report this post

OLDTIMER 81  
Years ago

well here,s ONE 4 all of you NAME the 10 PLAYERS WHO,s had the MOST GAMES OVER 40,SINCE the LEAUGE started????? BET "THEY 4get 1 NAME>

Reply #308282 | Report this post

OLDTIMER 81  
Years ago

I,ve NOTICED that everytime people TALK about THE SO CALL "BEST IMPORTS EVER THEY ALWAYS SEEM TOO FORGET THE "MAN HIMSELF>>>>> SIR REG BIDDINGS..NO BODY EVER "STOPPED HIM ask ROBBIE CADEE &co,as well as DANNY MORSUE.THEY were considered the BEST DEFENDERS in the leauge and BIDDINGS kill them BOTH.(his 63 record on CADEE and 48 on MORSUE)& THAT WAS HIS 1st year,HIS 2nd HE ONLY led the NBL in SCORING with 30pts per game,as well as LEADING the leauge FREE TROW SHOOTING with 88% and did alot MORE than WE REALLY SAW ..he was also strong on the boards considering THAT SIR REG was the first of OUR BIG Guards but played forward here.IF MEMOREY serve me right he HAS ALSO SCORED THE MOST amount of points in the ALL-STAR GAME(*81-47pts uo was it 82)have alook then come back too ME..SO WHEN NAMING PLAYERS YOU CANT GO PAST him and anther call /MICHEAL JONES...HEY CHECK IT OUT.....

all-

uard

Reply #308286 | Report this post

Darryl Pearce  
Years ago

Reg Biddings scored about 62 in a 40 minute game for Forestville before the 36ers were formed.

62 in 40 minutes....and fouled out....and played the game without his jock-strap...damn !!!

Regards..Darryl Pearce

Reply #311264 | Report this post

Cheers Darryl,

Can you let us know what you're up to thses days? Just a brief rundown mate - sure us old-schoolers would love to know.

Reply #311280 | Report this post

OLDTIMER81  
Years ago

HA,HA,HA YEAH DARYL,HAVE HEARD THE "STORY FROM ""SIR REG"" YOU PACKED HIS BAGS.. BUT, IT WAS A GOOD TALE HE TOLD ABOUT YOU IN THOSE GLORY DAYS OF THE LEAGUE.. OUT ALL NIGHT,NO SLEEP,THE DRIVE TO BANKSTOWN,TO THEN HAVE THE GAME DELAYED FOR HOURS.. STILL WENT OUT AND DROP 63..NOW "THATs a PLAYER

Reply #315375 | Report this post

OLDTIMER81  
Years ago

ALSO WE TALK OF HIS 63,LOOK AT HOW MANY TIMES HE WENT FOR 40??FOR THOSE DAYS HE WAS "JUST AWESOME"!! WAY BEFORE A ANDREW GAZE

Reply #315377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754