someamateur
Years ago

Could the NBL Support a Draft??

Now lets show the possibility of sharing the rookies of this year to the standings of last year. Now I don't think they could support more than one round but I think a first round could be possible. Here is a possible mock draft.

West Sydney Select Nathan Jawai
Adelaide Select Kirk Penney
New Zealand Select Alex Loughton
Wollongong Select Craig Bradshaw
Singapore Select Matthew Knight
South Select Phil Jones
Cairns Select John Fitzgerald
Townsville Slect Blagoj Janev
Sydney Select Nic Campbell
Perth Select Damian Martin
Melbourne Select Ryan Kersten
Brisbane Select Shannon Seebohm

It would be nice to think each team leave a spot in their 12 for a rookie player. 50K a year for a 1 year guaranteed contract. Top 3 draftees guaranteed a 2 year contract.

Topic #13595 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Those top six guys would probably want more than $50k... No chance of Penney and Jones playing for that anyway and I wouldn't consider them rookies anyway.

Are there enough rookies in any given year worth a $50k investment? Remember that this season is one of the strongest in years - take out the two main Kiwis from your list and after the main guys, I think clubs would be tentative in paying $50k for the rest?

That said, it would've been really funny to see Brendan Joyce get top pick and ignore everyone else so he could pick SoJ!

Reply #158631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are u basing your mock draft on? Potential? Season progress to date?

Reply #158698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are u basing your mock draft on? Potential? Season progress to date?

Reply #158700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:27 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754