Take Luck
Years ago

Who is this kid? (Jeff Dowdell)

I was just checking out the scores at the national schools, when i came across these stats from a Champ Div game between Lake Ginnindarra (101) vs Townsville high (133).

* Jeff Dowdle 21/38(FG), 3/6(3PT) 13/19(FT) 58(TOTAL PTS) 4 10 14(REB) 4 3 4 0 0 0 40:02.

he plays for Lake ginnindarra and i was wondering if he has a history (state etc etc). because i dont think that Brad Newely hit 58 for them last year, and he was only in div 1 seniors.

Topic #1362 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

He's at the AIS. 17 yo from NSW; began scholarship in 2003.

AIS Profile »

Reply #15677 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

cheers issac. thought that would be the case.

Reply #15683 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

break away from school ball, its over youve finished school.

Reply #15685 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

The AIS kids in school generally go to Lake Ginnidera. I believe one year they had Rhys Carter.

Reply #15687 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

cheezy, if u score 58 in anything ill listen to ya. but this isnt just school, its the nationals, its a tuff comp man....but u wouldnt no that hey!

Reply #15690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeff played for NSW (team escapes me but they were black and gold) maybe Jingles or any Tiger, West boys can name the team that he played for in U14 Nationals when held in Townsville I was an assistant coach of an SA team and by far the best kid at the Nationals just didn't have 4 players to take them to GOLD! Great kid too

Reply #15751 | Report this post

Peds  
Years ago

I no jeff through one of my friends is his girlfriend and i used to live in nsw. The black and yellow uniform u r talking bout is in fact his club back home in country nsw, Shoalhaven Basketball Club.
He is a sick player and has heaps going for him! Go Jeff!

Reply #15757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he´s a gerat kid and a tough bball player. he was one of the best players at the Albert Schweitzer tournament earlier in the year in Germany.

Reply #15779 | Report this post

Hi  
Years ago

Played against him in australian country cup, mint player

Reply #20246 | Report this post

relation????  
Years ago

my last name is Dowdell. I dont know Jeff it person but was told was are related somewhere in the line.I just got back from the Pacific school games. i meet this guy that was playing for NSW and he was a geat basketball player, tall guy, anyway his last name was Dowdell as well. i talked to him and we both thought it was pretty great to come across a Dowdell and that we could be related. About Jeff Dowdell, only a week ago i have found out about him. i have seen him play and he is a top player for only being 18 he is WOW!!! i just throught it was great to see someone with the same last name that could be related to you. that is loving and playing basketball, something you love as well. i didnt think that there was any Dowdell's out there that would become stars (well it was always a dream). it makes me feel great to see and know that Jeff is doing a geart job. he make us Dowdell's proud. Go Jeff, keep up the great work, Jeff can play basketball and i feel he has many more years to show what he is make of. And just think your brother will hopefully make it out into the spot light too.

Reply #60984 | Report this post

relation????  
Years ago

My last name is Dowdell. I don't know Jeff in person but was told he are related somewhere in the down the line. I just got back from the Pacific School Games. I meet this guy that was playing for NSW and he was a great basketball player, tall guy, anyway his last name was Dowdell as well. I talked to him and we both thought it was pretty great to come across a Dowdell and that we could be related. About Jeff Dowdell, only a week ago I have found out about him. I have seen him play and he is a top player for only being 18 he is WOW!!! I just thought it was great to see someone with the same last name that could be related to you. That is loving and playing basketball, something you love as well. I didn't think that there was any Dowdell's out there that would become stars (well it was always a dream). It makes me feel great to see and know that Jeff is doing a great job. He makes us Dowdell's proud. Go Jeff, keep up the great work, Jeff can play basketball and I feel he has many more years to show what he is make of.

Reply #60986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha jump on the dowdell bandwagon

Reply #60989 | Report this post

Real Deal  
Years ago

He's a rookie for Perth WIldcats

Reply #61001 | Report this post

Bubble  
Years ago

Yep he is a rookie for the Perth Wildcats!

Reply #63571 | Report this post

AIS Fan  
Years ago

Does Jeff plan on going to a college in the USA? If so which one? I also would like to add that his stats from AIS are exceptional

Reply #66317 | Report this post

Selecta  
Years ago

I used to play against Jeff, when he used to play for Shoalhaven. he is big, and he can score from anywhere, but he sometimes struggled when people pushed him round a bit. but he used to own me on court a fair bit, but i remember my team beating him once and that will be my only memory

Reply #139401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754