CJ
Years ago

NBA Live 08-ps2 faults

Has anyone got NBA live 08 on ps2 and realised how many mistakes are in the game, firstly the all-star teams are wrong, the ratings are screwd e.g. walter herman rated 84 overall, and Almond (rookie from utah who isnt even on the active list) is rated 82, gilbert areans has a clutch rating of 10 (he is on the cover you would think they could at least get him right)lots of rosters are incomplete, lots of rookies like mike conley and Joakim Noah are no where to be seen in the game....its a disgrace and a waste of money, im definetly getting the 2k series next year!!
leave comments if you have the same problems

Topic #13649 | Report this topic

skink  
Years ago

ive owned ps1 and ps2 and have bought every nba live that came out, until last year. My mate bought it first, we played it and could not beleive how lame it was it ruined it for me. i never added last years to the collection and judging by your reaction this years is still crap.

Reply #159134 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

have the ps3 copy, and to be honest, its a bit more complete, and with being able to download the updated rosters (which havent been updated for a month) its a bit better than ps2. but it does have some faults in it, but not as major as ps2. still isnt up to par like it should be, seeing it is meant to be the best nba game in ages, and has plenty of glitches. i think everyone should complain about how badly it has been put together, seems to have been rushed.

Reply #159136 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

skink the ps3 copy isnt that bad, new console maybe??

Reply #159145 | Report this post

The live series has sucked for a solid 3 years now- before that it was definitely the best basketball game around.

2k8 craps all over Live in every possible way.

And the College Hoops series isn't far behind. Damn, that game is deep and addictive

Reply #159165 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Get NBA 2K8.

Reply #159179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only thing i can't work out in 2k8 is how to throw an alley? can anyone help?

Reply #159189 | Report this post

CJ  
Years ago

How do u get college hoops game in Australia?

Reply #159195 | Report this post

Years ago

I've had a fair bit of spare time lately, and I've been tinkering with the rosters on the PS2 version a fair bit. The stats issue is workable somewhat, if you significantly change almost every player in the game's ratings (takes a long time), but even then, they still take too many threes, not enough rebounds, assists, steals or blocks.

This stats issue takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me, mainly because it makes it unrealistic. I like to play the Franchise mode and manage the team, moreso than actually playing the actual games even. I could get past the games being too easy, but I can't get past the total unrealism of the stats, and the huge amount of missing players and the outdated rosters.

I'm considering going out and getting NBA 2K8. I've never played the 2K series before for any real length of time, but I've heard good things, and it can't be much worse than this year's NBA Live offering.

I understand that EB Games has NBA 2K8 on special for Christmas for $39.91 (down from their usual price of $49.91), so I might invest in that, and see if it's better.

Reply #159236 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Xbox version you throw an alley by holding the turbo trigger in and double tapping the red button.

Reply #159253 | Report this post

Well not for PS2 unfortunately, but you can get the PS3 version from the US Ebay coz the ps3 is region free.

The best part is how cheap this makes games. You can get the latest releases delivered to your door brand new for under $70.

Beats the hell out of buying them from EB for $119.

Reply #159289 | Report this post

they should have the Australia post boomers in it

Reply #159701 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754