skip
Years ago

Breakers Import Turner Out For Season

Just announced on nbl.com.au

He has torn a Quad tendon (Ouch)

They hope to have finalised a replacement within the next 24 hours.

Imports and falling like flies from injury or being cut massivly it seems this season.

Topic #13672 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Beat me to it! My topic was:

We must be averaging one a week now - Martin, Tait, Cattalini and now Turner in recent times.

Boti's round recap today says Wayne Turner is likely done for the season.

Big blow for the NZ Breakers though they have the time and ladder position to justify a replacement. Phillips (ex-Perth) and Tucker (ex-Cairns) both available and can play point. Plus they could go for Scott or Rowland who both played in the league last season.

Reply #159358 | Report this post

cross  
Years ago

That cat has a wierd shot.

Reply #159360 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

You have any inside word on this one yet then Isaac?

Reply #159361 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, haven't asked actually. If they'll make a move within 24 hours I guess we'll find out then.

Reply #159363 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Without sounding horrible, this might actually turn out to be a good thing for the breakers.

Reply #159384 | Report this post

Just let Ryan Kersten play his minutes. He is a GUN!

Reply #159419 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Saw that the Breakers have said that if Turner is healthy, they will likely retain him for next season.

Reply #159474 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

That would be great for us if they retain turner for next season. As for mow they are keeping him here in New Zealand and are using him as Ryan's mentor and to help the replacement learn the plays and fit into the group.

A huge loss for us but i think we will adjust and it will be fine.

Reply #159479 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Story on Foxsports.com.au strongly indicating that the Breakers have/will sign former NBA player Orien Greene for the remainder of the season. Greene played NBA as recently as November 12 for Sacramento.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22829104-23769,00.html

Also his stats from his two and a bit seasons in the NBA.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/orien_greene/career_stats.html

Reply #159487 | Report this post

wat about ryan kersten

Reply #159505 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

IMO Kersten is a better, more exciting player to watch than Pauli. Pauli is a great PG, But he really lacks in offense and the ability to shoot the ball. I'm certainly all for seeing Kersten play. A bit casual, but a great player, with POTENTIAL.

Reply #159511 | Report this post

U no it MAX!

Reply #159579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754