Fill Smythe
Years ago

Coach Swap?

With all the unhappy supporters over the last year or so, and the dismal results, should the 36ers do a Ligthning and replace Smyth now? Would Lucas be a viable option? The Ligthning certainly haven't gone backwards with their swap.

Topic #13677 | Report this topic

bonehead  
Years ago

Lets compare womens league with mens if your going to compare apples with apples lets have talent with talent do you think if Kings replaced there coach with there 6 Aussie players place 2 imports they would lose much.Are you seriously trying to say that lighting arent a stacked team get real

Reply #159400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whew. All of that without taking a single breath.

Reply #159402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"should the 36ers do a Ligthning and replace Smyth now?"

could and there are advantages but not fussed

"Would Lucas be a viable option?"

no

Reply #159403 | Report this post

32 forever  
Years ago

Lightning "swap" is interesting terminology to use. Difficult to say it hasn't gone backwards with the team that chris put together.

Anyway i wouldn't want him sacked mid season but a change would be a step in the right direction.

how about Ninnis as head coach, Lucas and Rupert as assistants.

Reply #159404 | Report this post

Fox 29  
Years ago

To have a coach swap you'd need an owner swap first...

I can picture it now..

Mal takes over ownership of the lightning and runs it like the 36ers by employing 3 times more admin staff to run the club than what used to run the entire BASA organisation (which is about 4 times more than what is actually required) waste a six figure sum on a coach who's coaching peaked about 9 years ago, while promising heaps and delivering nothing.
The team goes from having not missed the finals in a bloody long time to not having a chance of making the finals in a bloody long time.

At the same time Vince can take over the 36ers, spend a heap of money on good young players with the expectation of delivering a championship.... Don't bother with any of the small details like marketing, bringing in new sponsors or budgets for game nights and functions e.t.c, but on the plus side you've got one hell of a team and can at least go to a game with the realistic expectation of seeing your team win a game. (and not just at home either)

Hmmm, pity Vince only has daughters.

Reply #159416 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Let me know when they win something then your article has some credits wow won some games.Spent plenty last year dont remember them winning the final in fact when did they last win one.

Reply #159420 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh bring in Ninnis and Sapwell good luck because you will need it.Nice guys but no record of success unless you are calling state league a record.In that case give it to Bear he out coached Sapwell and won.Also coached a lot longer than Ninnis.Just wondering have you guys sacked the 3 coaches below us as well maybe Ninnis could have one of there jobs oh no thats right they sacked him this season,guess they thought let him go because he is so good.

Reply #159421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anonymous you are getting pathetic. your logic and reasoning is like a kids.

Reply #159426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah, where is Fat Cat when you need the children to go to bed at 7.30?
Seriously, get your milk and cookies and get tucked in for the night Jammer, Joker, Anonymous or whoever you are tonight. It's a school night!

Reply #159427 | Report this post

Grote 99  
Years ago

When who wins something anonymous ?
The Lightning ?
I'd say they're doing a tad better than the 36ers you tool.
Top of the ladder vs what, second to last is it ?
I think they've got much more chance of achieving anything this season than the 36ers do, 36ers won't even make the finals.
By the way, I think you'll find last years Lightning team was made up mostly of players recruited or still under contract from the previous BASA administration.
Vince has only bought up big (for a WNBL team that is, the whole teams salary is probably less than what Maher gets paid) for this season. Regardless, they still made the finals last year.

Reply #159429 | Report this post

Grote 99  
Years ago

Oh by the way anonymous, the 36ers draw has actually made them look much better than they are. They still haven't played the likes of Brisbane, Sydney or the Tigers, whereas the Lightning have already played all the top teams. Get ready for some 40-50 point thrashings in the next few months.

Reply #159432 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They have already played Sydney and Melbourne, but you are right, their schedule gets tougher as the season goes on. Still to face Cairns or Brisbane and still to play two games each (I think) against Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.

Reply #159444 | Report this post

Grote 99  
Years ago

Oops, so they have Isaac, I forgot about the second home game against Melbourne and the away one against Sydney.

Reply #159454 | Report this post

brock  
Years ago

I don't think a coach change would be the answer. Players need to be more accountable on the court during games. Do they train the same way as they play?

Reply #159535 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Lucas could not coach men. He is too arrogant and self induldged and any mens team would soon show him the door.

Reply #159657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754