rotate on this
Years ago

Mike Chappell - one game left ?

Mike Chappell under pressure and 3 points and 2 TO just before the half will not relieve that .
With the wolves coming he is sure to be the first one to be thrown in .

Topic #13695 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

I checked Hoops site at the half, purely to see what has been written about Chappell. Surely he is gone, even if they do win tonight. 3 points.... everyone talks about how great a guy he is, well if he was, perhaps he could just quit ;)

Time to make moves off court

Reply #159747 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He has 7 now.

Reply #159750 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Atleast he is making HoopsSA more popular...

Reply #159754 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

1 to many

Reply #159755 | Report this post

disgruntledfan  
Years ago

Only one game too many? That's being generous!

Reply #159762 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

ur kiddin rite. haha sixers supporters and chappel here we go again. buy the way its 12 points guys.

Reply #159767 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

12pts and fouled out.... enough said

Reply #159769 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would guess that they are looking at alternatives with a view to making a change after the Pigs game. Can't really do anything while Maher is out and they have Sun-Wed-Sat string of games.

Reply #159782 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

I personally feel sorry for mike as i have also had back issues and know what it does to your overall conditioning and explosiveness. This is what it seems like he is missing currently. Al those that have hurt their backs will know its a difficult thing to come back from and he has never probably fully recovered from what my non physio opinion is. You loose all strength through your legs and core and basically effects your shooting as your body isnt flowing nicely and your arms, wrists and brain end up overcompensating and then you shoot poorly. he has had quite a lot rim out and has never seemed to get confidence back in his game which is sad as we all know healthy he is an amasing player. I want to see him get the home croud behind him and spurr him on and enchorage him to where he should be at. Its also difficult when brett is out as Mike is expected to create his own shot but inst that type of player. For all the willie farley bashes he was amazing at creating a shot and making it look easy. Adelaide currently isnt an offensive threat as much as it used to be and opposition is taking advantage defensively.
the season is over so just play out the year and give some young guys a chance to hit the court.
just my opinion.

Reply #159784 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

and i like ur opinion.

Reply #159787 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Now we were all told that Phil spoke to Luke Schensher's Chicago based agent Brad Ames the day of the Dragons game, and i am sure that Luke was not the only player discussed.

Yeah i have spoken to Mike myself, he is very approachable and clearly a great guy.

Reply #159792 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Won't happen! Can anyone remember the last time an import was cut mid season in Adelaide??? I don't think Phil has ever done it come to think of it. The last one was back in Dunlap's days!!!

Reply #159869 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have a feeling they will. Hemmerling doesn't have infinitely deep pockets, but he doesn't like watching them lose winnable games. (I haven't heard that they are going to replace anyone, so don't read into this - just making a guess.)

Reply #159873 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

They pretty much have to make a move or lose even more of a loyal fan base through inaction .

If you think about it A fair analogy to this whole situation with the sixers would be the federal liberal government and this years election , just have a thibk and see how many similarities you can find .
You may even get a chuckle .

Reply #159879 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rotate, that's probably why I was laughing at your story in the other topic - I was imagining a caricature of John Howard looking for an import.

Reply #159883 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Glad you got laugh . As you said though it was a little harsh and was created for that more than anything sinister .

Reply #159884 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

created for a laugh that is .

Reply #159885 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Surely cutting Chappell from the team is on the minds on the 36ers staff, but you have to remember that when you cut an import you have to find another import. And finding a good import is hard. Some imports just don't suit your teams playing style e.g Pierre Wooten from the Breakers
Finding a genuine import will be harder than showing Chappell the door.
Teams like the Breakers have got lucky with their imports, signing Oriene Greene and Rick Rickert, but other teams have not been so lucky. The 36ers are one of these teams.

Reply #159973 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

matt garrison was a mid season import wasnt he ?

Reply #159990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They need more than a Garrison right now though.

Get to the CBA or D-League - heaps of options out there and many wouldn't do much worse than Chappell's 10-12ish PPG.

Reply #160028 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754