Ben Fitz
Years ago

NH : Video editing software

Thought i might ask the knowledge base that is on here, i am looking to edit up some video. Can anyone recommend simple PC software that could do this?

Cheers

Topic #13720 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Im a fan of Ulead Videostudio 11 myself. Very user friendly and heaps of features.

Reply #160035 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Pinnacle Studio is also very good.

Reply #160036 | Report this post

justMe  
Years ago

Are you talking basketball or other?

MotionClip, DV Coach for basketball stuff.

Windows movie maker will also do the trick for other stuff.

Reply #160037 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Cheers guys

Ben

Reply #160041 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Premiere Pro is reasonably simple, if you can 'find' a copy..

Reply #160048 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

As "justMe" said Windows Movie Maker should do basic stuff and should already be on your computer. Like Kwest said if you can get Adobe Premiere Pro it is much better, and a lot of coaches use it for editing game and giving kids feedback tapes, or breaking down technique as it is pretty simple to use, and you can do a bit of stuff with it. That's what I use anyway, and know of others that use it as well.

Reply #160052 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

edit movies or copy movies????

Reply #160054 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

I personally would really like to rip some DVDs that I have created and make some nice menus and transitions. Would the software mentioned here be capable of doing this? I only want to edit VOB files, I'm not interested in converting a VOB file to another format only to convert it back to VOB to burn to DVD.

Reply #160083 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Dirty Day,

Premiere Pro is more for editing footage you have taken (at least that is what I use it for). Plug camera in computer and capture... it saves that as an .avi...

At a glance you can import and edit .ai .eps .aif .wmv .wma .asf .bmp .dib .rle .avi .dlx .flm .mp3 .mpeg .mpe .mpg .m2v .mpa .gif .jpg .jpe .jfif .png .ico .pcx .psd .tga .icb .vst .vda .tif .tiff .prtl .wav .plb .psq .ptl .ppj and .prproj files.

...so no VOB looks like.

Premiere pro can burn directly to DVD so if you get a VOB to AVI program (I used to have one on my old computer, can't remember what it was called, but literally googled "VOB to AVI" and got one that worked, but haven't had to need/urge since updating my computer to find it again) you *should* be able to do it I am guessing, although some AVI's for some reason are compressed format or something like that, so I couldn't import them for some reason, so you might wanna suss it out first, as Premiere Pro is pretty expensive if you don't "obtain a trial copy" ;)

Otherwise someone else on here might have a better option for you???

Reply #160088 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I don't like Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas is very good, i prefer to use that software however it well set you back a couple of hundred.

Reply #160098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I prefer TunesKit Acemovi, it's simple and friendly to beginner, and also provide lots of effects which can make fany and interesting video.

Reply #853588 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last month

AVS video editor is thin on features but simple to use. Good for chopping quickly but very few decent fx. Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro if you want to learn a bit first bit Im not in anyway an authority on this jusy some self taught messing about.

Reply #936851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754