XztatiK
Years ago

NBL: Top10 players at each position

I was just thinking of Matt Mcquade's pre-season player rankings and thought i'd do a mid-season one. note: players are in their natural positions, not necessarily where theyre currently playing.

PG's
1.Hinson
2.Williams
3.Bruton
4.Franklin
5.Black
6.Crowe
7.Mee
8.Davidson
9.Draper
10.Turner

SG's
1.Groves
2.Ere
3.Maher
4.Penney
5.Helms
6.Harvey
7.Rillie
8.Devries
9.Smith
10.Crawford

SF's
1.Mackinnon
2.Grizzard
3.Ingles
4.Thomas
5.Barlow
6.Holmes
7.Saville
8.Rush
9.Hawkins
10.Chappell

PF's
1.Redhage
2.Ballinger
3.Worthington
4.Abney
5.Cattalini
6.Tragardh
7.B.Knight
8.Rychart
9.Loughton
10.Reyes

C's
1.Anstey
2.Rickert
3.Jawai
4.Rogers
5.Bradshaw
6.Pepper
7.Khazzouh
8.Burston
9.Crosswhite
10.Cooper

your thoughts? did i miss anyone?

Topic #13727 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Davidson is probably better than Crowe, maybe Turner too as a PG? Black is a SG more than PG I'd say.

Ere above Groves?

Jones in the SG list ahead of Crawford perhaps (Jones is scoring about 15-17 PPG off the bench!).

I'm biased, but check out this comparison between Forman and Chappell - Oscar's having an average season too, but his numbers are better in almost every category (bar steals and scoring), and he's doing it on a better team. Still, that's a fight for 10th spot, so not too fussed! Probably better SFs out there than both of them - did you have Hoare in there?

Worthington over Ballinger IMO. Put Tragardh as a centre I reckon. Rychart up at about 6th (just not having to do as much at Brisbane).

Burston above Khazzouh - he was pretty impressive last night against NZ.

Could put Mottram or Cooper in to round out that one.

No big disagreements other than that. I reckon Jawai vs Rickert is pretty even, which says a lot about Jawai!

Reply #160120 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

No-one wants to hear you nepotistical (is that even a word?) views Isaac....

That list is pretty good, although Isaac has it pretty right as well. Definitely have Ere at #1 and Wortho above Balls, Sixers just haven't won enough games. Take out Cat and Dave Thomas, they haven't played enough (nor have they put up decent numbers)and maybe put in Matty Knight and Oscar (there you go Isaac ;-) ).

Reply #160130 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I had Hoare as a PF he wouldve got in at SF. And i wasnt basing it on this years form/games played just how good the player is eg. Catt, DT, Reyes.

Reply #160139 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

24, basically you've 2 options; you can do the G Cornes thing where he has a phobia about mentioning Chad & Kain, or you can make a constructive comment about a relative.

I'm all for option 2, because I don't think claims of nepotism are valid on a forum such as this.

Reply #160146 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I was actually joking....

Hopefully Isaac got that.

Reply #160156 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Isaac arnt steals and scoring the key things.

Reply #160159 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Isaac....mate...Jones better than Crawf

Cmon......Yes Jones maybe a better scorer, but PC is a far better all round player in my opinion

He can go out and score his 10+ points and shut down a opponent

Can Jones do that?

Reply #160167 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

twenty - nah, not bothered. Not sure that either are playing well enough for top ten, but Oscar's stats are definitely comparable to Chappell at least. Very similar minutes, same position on court, etc.

Fez - I do rate Crawford, but again, both stake a claim. Here's the comparison

Crawford plays 6 MPG more. Jones is more accurate in the three shooting categories, but not by miles. Crawford has him beaten in boards (by 2 RPG), steals and blocks. Jones has fewer turnovers and 4-5 PPG extra. Both have a reasonable claim.

Would you say Crawford was a SG or SF?

Maybe put Crawford as #10 in the SF list, and Jones as #10 for SGs. Pretty small change fighting over #10s, but what else do basketball fans do on the internet!? ;)

Reply #160182 | Report this post

Ryan Kersten should be in the top 10 PGs come on guys!

Reply #160192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both Jawai and Anstey are centres but i reckon you would start them both seeing as Anstey play a fair bit on the perimeter.

Reply #160218 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I first had Galen Young over Chappell and Oscar but the 30% FG shooting turned me off, how can u keep that up as an import??

Reply #160253 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

How can you even consider having Chappell in the top 10 of anything positive on this years performances?

Reply #160264 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

It was hard but it's slim pickings at that position. he is averaging 12ppg.

Reply #160273 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754