XztatiK
Years ago

SOJ gets more minutes Crowe and Hawk

That's right, Brendan gave his son 29 minutes tonight vs. Wollongong which was more than Crowe(27mins) and Hawkins(25mins). How did he do? 4 points on 20% shooting. This is getting pathetic, I'm sure Brendan was rewarding his son for his 13pts against the Sixers but guess what Brendan... CROWE HAD 34 THAT NIGHT, did u notice that Brendan??? This favouritism is just going too far and in the end it will hurt the team.

Topic #13728 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

They won by 30. It's customary to rest your starters in games like these. Nothing to get excited about.

Reply #160164 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Maybe SoJ takes notice of the Coach and listens to his instructions?

Reply #160171 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

you cant blame soj if hes getting told to play, and yeah when your up by shite loads you should expect to get more minutes to rest the starters

Reply #160173 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Harvey 25pts at half time, only 3 pts in the second half, coach must hate him. Come on it was a blow out of course SOJ was going to get minutes

Reply #160175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All hail SOJ

Reply #160178 | Report this post

rybags  
Years ago

Damn!, theres some player hates on this site.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Reply #160180 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

XztatiK - You idiot. Of all the things you could have said about this game you chose Juniors minutes. Did you happen to notice the team was up by over 30 in the 3rd 1/4 and ciasted the whole 2nd half before winning by a mile? Demos and Campbell both played extended minutes in this game too? How dare Joyce use these players when he could run his 2 imports and Harvey (all of who are carrying niggling injuries) for the whole game!!

As for Junior Joyce Xztatik - how many games have you actually seen of his that have brought you to the conclusion that he is bad for the team when he is on court - and that he only gets his minutes because his Dad is coach? Or is your opinion mainly based on what you have been reading online and therefore just following the "SoJ is Crap" line becase its the in thing to do?

Reply #160201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This match report from Latts on OzHoops made me laugh (they're a Hawks fan) -

Just got home from the game.

It was shit.

Thus ends my match recap.

Reply #160202 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ok first of all i'll admit that i posted this thread as soon as i saw the stats and before i noticed it was a blowout so sorry, i can understand why Crowe and Hawk would be rested.

Second, I wasn't criticising SOJ as much as i was his daddy, mostly because I dont think anyone who's seen Daniel needs to be convinced that he's pathetic.

Third, Statman i watch 2 FOX games a week, go to every 6ers game and check every boxscore so i've had more than enough oppurtunity to see that SOJ DOES hurt the team when hes on court in Relation to Crowe, Harvey or even Demos. And, OF COURSE HE GETS HIS FREAKIN MINUTES BECAUSE HIS DAD IS COACH! he's putting up 4ppg at 25% in 22mpg, there is no other team in this league where he would be getting those minutes and only the most stupid Blaze fans (not saying you or anything) would disagree with that.

Reply #160252 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

So Xztatik - You still havnt asnwered my question....

How many games have you seen? (and no reading a boxscore does not count) Watching 2 games a week on Fox doesnt say squat. Ill give you the Blaze game v Sixers in Adelaide which Im guessing you went too - Hmmm by all accounts junior did quite well there, and how many Blaze ganmes have you seen Joyce stink it up in on Fox?

Reply #160262 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

quite a few, u get me a list of every Blaze game that's been on FOX this year and the Wollongong games last year and I'll figure it out for you, certainly cant remember a good game he's played on FOX. Maybe i should move to the Gold Coast so I could have the authority to judge a Blaze player, certainly no one in Adelaide could have any idea on how young SOJ is doing all that way over there.(lil bit of sarcasm).
I'm sure you are very knowledgeable of Blaze players and have seen a lot of SOJ living over there but I've seen enough over here to say that he doesn't deserve 22 minutes on an NBL team.

Reply #160271 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

IMO he doesn't deserve to be on an NBL team

Reply #160390 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

That's crap.....SOJ gets those kind of minutes every game. It's no just becuase it was a blow out at all.

He just wouldn't have got them at the expense of Crowe and Hawkins any other game.

The guy is sh1t, plain and simple. His role appears to be, catch the ball, get rid of it as quickly as possible without drawing ANY defence and now and then hit a wide open shot when no-one notices you're there and a team mate accidentally puts it in your hands.

Frankly, I reckon I could do what he brings to that team. Maybe even without looking as sh1t scared as he does.

Reply #160393 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

"His role appears to be, catch the ball, get rid of it as quickly as possible without drawing ANY defence and now and then hit a wide open shot when no-one notices you're there and a team mate accidentally puts it in your hands"

Jason Williams anyone??

Reply #160398 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

what a load of rubbish dicko, the kid has got game and he has certainly proves it against adelaide. Get of the kid's back. He must be doing something right ie low turnovers compared to Crowe. Basketball is an effective possesion game, the team plays better when he is on the court as a 1. He doesnt throw the ball away and he runs the offence. Its simple and clear that he aint there to throw 20 points a game etc. Joyce puts him in when Crowe starts to throw the ball away or becomes selfish.
The kid is an easy target, but his peformance against adelaide have won me over.

Reply #160408 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Granted I did not see the Adelaide game and, at least by his stats he played well, but that is an anomoly from what I've seen of him. His averages would agree with me (4.75ppg, 2,5 apg and 1.8 rebounds).

EVERY performance I've seen from him, and I have seen a few, he is rubbish.

He brings the ball down the court, hands it off to someone just inside the offensive half and then disappears for the rest of the offence. And on the defensive end he's a massive liability.

His turnovers are low because he NEVER dribbles into traffic that I've seen. He stands back and makes the easy passes.

Reply #160416 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

DICKO u must be eating your words mate, the kid played his best game against you tonight with a season high. Seriously though the kid is an easy target, he game tonight was great and he took control of his team mates when needed. You must acknowledge he may have swung your opinion from tonights match against your beloved dragons.

Reply #160813 | Report this post

moose 16  
Years ago

sorry Dicko he played well tonight, burnt you guys in the first half

Reply #160816 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

unlucky Dicko, the kid gets his career-high right after this thread, this is just what happened to me with Dusty last year dammit.
oh well this doesnt mean he deserves 22mpg just on that performance, especially not when Crowe and Harvey are playing like that too. but wow that game should raise his average from 4 to 5ppg 22mpg, well done SOJ you're makin daddy proud!

Reply #160831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754