yogee
Years ago

HOT rumour from Brisbane

OzHoops Boards are carrying arumour that Channel 7 Brisbane is tonight reporting that afetr a fight at training yesterday, Kevin Freeman has been released.

This is only a rumour at this stage, I cant confirm till tomorrow whe I can ring Brisbane admin, unless Boti confirms it in the paper in the morning (I've only just seen the news at 945 pm!)

Topic #1375 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

Is he an aussie?? if so, get him 6ers

Reply #15786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do you even follow NBL take luck?

Reply #15790 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Kevin Freeman is from America, take luck.

Brisbane would be crazy to release him. There must be something big and juicy going on there behind the scenes if they're thinking of it.

Reply #15793 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

your lost take luck.we gotto keep k free in this league.hes a big player.

Reply #15796 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

So the likely MVP is outta here...Sydney anyone?

Reply #15797 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

Apparantly Joe Wright takes no sh*^t. If there was a fight and Freeman was involved I would not be surprised if he was packing his bags.

Reply #15798 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Nothing has been reported here tonight on the God Coast news

Reply #15799 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah my bad, was thinking of another player.....dont no who though? Cheezy, as if u would no anyway

Reply #15803 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I Reckon J Smith from the Kings will win the MVP but K Free would be close to the best player at the moment

Reply #15810 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Hey, what about Dusty for MVP? His numbers are great this year. He sneaks under the radar because of Willie and Brett...

Reply #15813 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Exactly Doc, whowins an MVP award by sneaking under the radar! It's always the player that stands out in a team and unfortunately for Dusty he comes behind Farley and Maher. Should win it for the sixers as the bloke is almost irreplaceable.

Reply #15818 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Maher could be a frontrunner for MVP - 20.8 PPG, career-best 6.8 APG (top in the league), just over 2 TPG (superb APT ratio), shooting at 47%, 43% from outside, etc.

Reply #15821 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I meant he sneaks under the radar in discussions like these. His numbers are MVP worthy...

Reply #15822 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Dusty's great but gee he isn't even the MVP of the Sixers so far this season. Brett Maher is arguably having his best season ever.

Reply #15824 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Dusty's averaging 20 and 9, that's not bad for a blue collar player.

Reply #15827 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think Dusty and Maher may hurt each other's chances of winning MVP. They are both capable of winning it though....

Reply #15831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe this thread is about the rumor of kevin freeman leaving Brisbane, anymore truth on this issue

Reply #15832 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Yeah. They sacked him, because on their website, he discussed an issue on a forum thread that didn't fall within the strict description of the title. Discraceful..

Good on Brisbane for making a stance on this issue....

Reply #15833 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I have spoken with the Bullets this morning, and their official line is that they wont confirm or deny if Freeman has been axed.

They are saying they will make an official announcement on the situation "shortly".

I asked if Freeman has attended training this week, and the reply is he has been "excused".

Think the writing might be on the wall.

Reply #15836 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I imagine that the club would be asking the possibly hot-headed coach to accommodate a possibly hot-headed import for the sake of the team's chances this season. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up staying, but the rumours are saying that he's gone -- selfish + attitude.

Reply #15838 | Report this post

cammo  
Years ago

can i ask wot is the brisbane website the 1 that has a forum

Reply #15846 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Ummm... that was a joke, coz someone on here was getting their knickers in a knot over diverging from the subject matter of the title.

Sorry, I thought my sarcasm was obvious....

Reply #15849 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:43 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754