Anonymous
Years ago

bball over the xmas break?

are there any basketball comps that are running over the xmas break?... just curious

Topic #1376 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

St Clair always run a great Xmas carnival. Usually the Open mens comp attracts a good standard. In the past, the Eastern Mavs boys have put together a team. I think they have won it the last few years.
Also a team featuring Paul Vandenbergh, Cam McKinnon and James Essex (sorry, J-Wess) played. I played in a team with most of the West ABL side including Shane Crothers. We lost to the Eastern boys in the final, with Tonkes hitting 7 threes!!

Reply #15834 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

this year will be good at st clare. there is a eastern team again and the woodville boys have a team. i have heard that it consists of Cam wilson, scott wittmore, Paul vandenburg, ben todd, jarred hammond, jarred graves and Eric "EZY" Bradley. i may have got a couple of players mixed up??

But it should be a big carnival if this is the case!!

Reply #15835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know when this carnival is on?

Reply #15840 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

I beleive Centrals are holding a carnival on the Long Weekend and also there is the eltham Carnival in Victoria which attracts about 650 teams every year from all over Australia.

Reply #15841 | Report this post

charcoal  
Years ago

southern tigers are looking at putting a team in the st clare's comp....when are those dates, is it over christmas??

Reply #15843 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

17, 18 and 19th i beleive..so like next week end

Reply #15851 | Report this post

Tiggers  
Years ago

Are the Tigers looking to play because they can't organise their own tournament?
Do they want to see how to run one properly?

Reply #15852 | Report this post

hhhrrrnnn  
Years ago

are the runnin rebels are louigies legends makeing a return

Reply #15864 | Report this post

hhhrrrnnn  
Years ago

or louigies legends* sorry!

Reply #15865 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Tiggers,

Why do you say that Tigers can't run there own tournament. I think you might find that they can.

Reply #15874 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Chutney Ferrets won the St Clair Tournament two years ago. The standard had appearred to have dropped with Eastern being the only competitive team.

I miss the games against the Lunchcutters and the bald eagle bombers

Reply #15875 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

West had their resies team in there too Lommax, u didnt play that game as you were on the turps.

Reply #15877 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I think youll find 2 years ago the standard dropped thanks the the 2 days of 36+ temps with no air conditioning.

I rerred a couple of the finals out on court 4, and felt like I'd jumped fully clothed into a bath withn 3 minutes of the game.

Reply #15879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are theyre any girls comps?

Reply #15996 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yep, certainly female teams (and mixed)...give St Clair a ring, you might still be able to squeeze a team in.

Reply #16008 | Report this post

Nasir Jones  
Years ago

Watch out for the Redback in the mens Div 2 comp!

Ive heard rumours that they have a few abl players...........

Reply #16009 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Nominations for st clair closed november i suggest you put a team in for centrals carnival and get that sorted now.

Reply #16086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the cutters would ave beaten those abl teams

Reply #16310 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

watch out for a team in div 2 mens 'show me the way'.

Reply #61682 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754