Adelaide Fan
Years ago

Come on Sunday Mail and Promote the Lightning

For those who went to the game on Sunday you would have to agree it would have been the worst crowd i had seen at a Lightning Game for a while.
But i have to say i flicked through the Sunday Mail and there was NOT one thing mentioned about the game... So i hope you are reading this Boti and actually promote the game on the day and come on everyone lets support our girls who are sitting on the top of the ladder next Sunday....

Topic #13760 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti regularly writes articles that do not make the cut as selected by his editor. Write the editor a letter first perhaps.

Edit: See my other reply further down - Boti writes only for the Sunday Mail at their request. Have edited your topic title...

Reply #160573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also not botis job to give the club free marketing!!!!

Reply #160574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where are the fans who said that the lucas sacking wouldnt affect crowds

Reply #160576 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Why don't they play Lightning games before the start of Sixers games anymore? I used to regularly get to the Powerhouse early to catch at least the second half of the Lightning games.

Reply #160581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not much money in that for them though.

Reply #160583 | Report this post

Fat Bottomed Girl  
Years ago

(#160576) Here, here.

They could damn well win the premiership and I would not be interested.

I am sorry for most of the girls at the club because it is not their fault; however the Marino's.... well thats different!

And for the record I understand coaches get sacked all the time, hell Im hanging out for another Adelaide coach to cop it; however it is the manner in which the process is conducted, not the process its self that matters most.

Reply #160584 | Report this post

No chance  
Years ago

They could give away free tickets and I would no longer support them.

Agree with the above, it's not the girls fault, but I could never support an organisation that treats people like that.

Reply #160587 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

It is a busy time of the year, lots of Christmas functions - Rymil Park, Bonython Park were full of them yesterday as well as the Holden one so a lot of people have things on at the moment something has to take a back seat. I for one am enjoying the Lightning games and look forward to Sunday's game at the Dome. Sadly last Sunday was my work's Christmas Family Party so I was at that but missed the lightning game.

Reply #160591 | Report this post

Lucas has gone  
Years ago

Love the knobs that come on here after waiting for one bad crowd. Lets face it they were playing NZ who have a 0-8 away record and no stars and as mentioned there is a lot on. Some you of you dickheads need to move on. The crowds for the last lot of 'quality' games have been outstanding.

Reply #160609 | Report this post

Potty mouth  
Years ago

You should admit defeat when you have to resort to calling people names like a five year old.

Great point though...

Reply #160620 | Report this post

Boti can only do so much.
Promoting the club is the job of the operations manager Carla Boyd.
Vince sure has done some bone headed things this season, but employing Carla to run the club has to have been the biggest.
I was overly critical of Mike Daws, but at least he managed to rock up to work before 11:30am and put in more that 4 hours work each day.

Carla, what exactly have you achieved so far in your tenure?
What is your plan for increasing crowd numbers, attracting new sponsors and generally growing the Lightning brand? Do you even have a plan for the future viability and well being of the club, or are you just going through the motions?

I only hope you are not being paid the same as Mike, because so far a non English speaking refugee would have achieved more in the position, and would probably bring a much better work ethic while having more management and organisational skills.

Please do prove me wrong and I will have no hesitation in eating my words and telling everyone I was wrong, but until then& Vince if you are listening, it's time you put your employees on performance based contracts and make them work for their money!!

Reply #160626 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To the original poster - was just reminded - Boti doesn't actually write for the Sunday Mail except at their request. If they don't have a Lightning story, it's because they decided not to run one - address your criticism in their direction perhaps?

Reply #160628 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I was surprised to see some little kids with not much skill competing for free tickets to the Lightning Dinner at the 2nd to last game.
All they needed to do was get the ball in from half way. WHAT THE???? The prize for that used to be a car!!!!
At least on Sunday, the girls they picked for this competition looked like basketballers, and one of them actually got the ball in (despite steppeing a few feet over the half way line.
But WHOOPPEEE DOOOO!! She won 2 tickets to the dinner.
C'mon Carla! Can't they take a 3 point shot?
Does it really need to be so hard?

Reply #160672 | Report this post

jumbotron  
Years ago

was it an allocated club game?

The games we have been to teh crowd has been ok

Reply #160694 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sunday 2nd.Dec against Christchurch was hosted by Woodville girls.

Reply #160699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dana, the one that stepped over the line got disqualified and that wasn't the one that actually got the ball in, otherwise wouldn't she have got disqualified aswell.

Reply #160758 | Report this post

Sally97  
Years ago

The District clubs hosting the games would be able to sell many more tickets if they were obnly given the tickets to sell a bit eatlier than a couple of days before the game. Pull your finger out Carla !!

Reply #160832 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Vince would have no idea of how much work Carla is doing for him. She arrives when she feels like it and leaves early very often.

Reply #160950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754