lethal5
Years ago

Lakers vs Nuggets (Spoiler)

Lakers 111 - Nuggets 107.

Kobe had 25 pts, Iverson 51 (had 49 at end of 3rd Qtr).

Amazing stat line here was Marcus Camby who had 0 points and 20 rebounds!

Topic #13783 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Insain!. Lakers are the real deal.

Reply #160903 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Camby's stat line is Rodmanesque!!!

The Lakers are going well but are no match for the Suns and Spurs... or Celtics either!

But most good teams are only an injury away from being ordinary.

Reply #160906 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lethal 5.....Lakers have beaten the Suns.....without Odom

And we have the Spurs in a few days after losing to them the first time round

A win there, and the Lakers should be considered a threat in the West

Boston will not make the NBA finals

They have NO depth

Reply #160911 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

FEZZZZZZZZZ BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA THE LINE OF THE DECADE! boston will not make the nba finals this year are you kidding me!

Reply #160912 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Fez - Boston have no depth? Coming from a Lakers fan, that's pretty rich. Your best pick up this year was Derek Fisher.

Reply #160913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im a Laker man but beating the spurs without Duncan next week wont mean alot.

Reply #160914 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

Kobe and Bynum both are sick at the moment as well, so to beat Denver on the road is a great achievement.

Reply #160915 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Not much depth?
They have guys like James Posey and Eddie House coming off the bench.
Better than having guys like Sasha Vucjacic and Chris Mihm.
I think the lakers are the team with no depth

Reply #160916 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Denver don't have Nene or K-Mart either.

Reply #160919 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

doc, what does derek fisher being our best pickup have to do with the Lakers depth. correct me if i'm wrong but im pretty sure they were 2nd in the league for bench points. Kwame, Mihm, Radmanovic, Farmar, Walton, Turiaf and now Ariza all come off the bench usually.
The Celtics' second-string aint that bad either with Posey, House and T.Allen, but who's backing up Perkins at C? Scalibrine??? HAH! the Celts will make the finals this year but as far as depth goes they are no comparison to the Lakers.

Reply #160926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

K-Mart played today

Reply #160939 | Report this post

then why arent the lakers, you know, dominating like the Celts then.

Reply #160942 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

consistency i would say? and kobe isnt in form?

Reply #160943 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Celts are dominating coz its the East......lmao..

The WEstern Conference shits all over the East

If Boston make the NBA finals...lets say against the Spurs or Mavs or Suns

The will get a lesson in bball

Garnett goes down....bye bye Boston

Reply #160966 | Report this post

Disco  
Years ago

Kobe goes down goodbye Lakers.
Kidd goes down goodbye Nets.
Nash goes down goodbye Suns.
Wade goes down goodbye Heat.
Paul goes down goodbye Hornets.
Gasol goes down goodbye Griz.
James goes down goodbye Cavs!
Nowitzki goes down goodbye Mavs.
Duncan goes down goodbye Spurs.
McGrady goes down goodbye Rockets.

Whats your point Fez? Of course if the star player from a team goes down they are going to have all sorts of problems. Thanks for taking 3 IQ points from me!

Reply #160989 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Actually Disco, the Spurs just beat the Mavs without Duncan.

XztatiK, my point is the Lakers are suffering from a lack of depth as well. I'm not convinced that Mihm and Kwame constitute any better bench than Boston has. Walton is good value.

However, Boston have 3 hall of famers starting, so while they are healthy, who gives a shit about the bench. 7 game series, Boston craps all over the Lakers. Who's guarding Garnett? Who's guarding Pierce?

Reply #160991 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

thedoctor, the Lakers don't just have Mihm, Brown & Walton on the bench. There are no great names on the bench but they have been getting the job doneso far this season.

The reason the Lakers are not dominating is they need another star player. They have Kobe, they have the role players but they need to ship Odom out and get another legit star player in there. That's the Lakers problem and it has been since Shaq left.

Reply #161014 | Report this post

the big cheese  
Years ago

the lakers are one of th deepest teams in the league... farmar is probably one of the best backup pgs in the league. walton was coming of the bench and hes a very solida sixth man. when everyone is healthy bynum is of the bench, best backup center in the league (maybe zo) and then you have guys that can flat out light it up from the outside in raddy and vucacic. followed by some guys who have exceptional potential in crittenton and ariza. the bench isnt the problem. their problems are odoms, bynums, waltons and fishers inconsistency. and lack of a wind defender, who can gaurd someone will full intensity all game (kobe can at times but not for a full game)

Reply #161034 | Report this post

who cares if they're deep. for the 3rd straight year they will be knocked out in the first round. if vlad rad doesnt shoot well, they lose. if kobe has an off night, they lose. If odom decides not to play (which happens quite often), they lose. they rely on everyone firing, and when that doesnt happen... they lose

Reply #161045 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

So Dirty Day and Big Cheese - what your saying is they have a lack of depth in their STARTERS? Even better.

Agree with ELG. They will do exectly as they have the last few years. They have done nothing to bridge the gap between Spurs/Mavs/Suns/Utah.

Reply #161055 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lets wait till season end and see what pans out
fella's

I still think a team from the West will win

Garnett will be another Karl Malone/Charles Barkley

Hall of Famer with No Ring to his name

Maybe Robert Horry can donate of of his...lol

Reply #161333 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

thedoctor, I wouldn't call it a 'lack of depth' with the starters. In fact one could argue that your statement borders on the contradictory.

What I'm saying is that they are one type of player short of being a contender. If you think that constitutes a 'lack of depth' then go right ahead. My interpretation is different.

I agree, they have done nothing to bridge the gap between Spurs/Mavs/Suns/Utah. To do that they need to bring in that other type of player I'm talking about. Until they do they haven't.

Reply #161514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754