Anonymous
Years ago

Official Sack Chappell Petition

I know it's been said a thousand times but we need a proper petition to show the Sixers what we think. This whole catastrophe he not just been embarrassing for Chappell but for the club as they have revealed how gutless they really are. Cut Chappell, bring in a decent import and we have a good chance of making the playoffs. All you need to do it put your name below and I'll forward the petition to the club when I've got enough posts. Thanks.

Topic #13823 | Report this topic

pb  
Years ago

and how would that be official?

Reply #161442 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At least it's not a "campaign", hey Dicko?

Reply #161444 | Report this post

JRay  
Years ago

and how are you going to forward it?

Reply #161445 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Corey

Reply #161448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant blame 1 player..its a team effort...

Reply #161449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not just blaming one player, but Chappell is a big part of the problem and he needs to go. If your not going to sign the petition, please don't post.

Reply #161451 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Not going to happen. Your club has no money so get used to him because they aren't replacing him. Do you think they'll tell you that?

Reply #161452 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

I dont think anyone is saying that its 'JUST' chappell who is responsible for the 6ers season woes. And sure, it definately is a team game!

But he is the one that stands out the most in terms of not getting value. Hands down! (also, see: Axel, but thats a different story)

He's a waste of money.. he's a waste of an import spot ATM. He was once a great contributer to this league and it is sad that he can't find his groove right now. BUT.... this is pro sport. It has to be a business decision now! He has to go!

It's not like he is a long time sixers vet and there is a heap of centimental reasons for him staying.

Just get it over with already - and take a chance to move on and hopefully save the season. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work out, but at least the sixers will show that they are keen to take the right steps forward. I mean it can't get any worse, right?

Give the sixers fans a reason to keep coming to games!

1. Sack Chappell, bring in a new face. That alone will make people interested for the rest of the season.

2. Give Erik more minutes if Ng isn't shooting well (even if its just West Sydney minutes, 10 - 15 mins from memory)

3. Get some energy out there for 48 mins (not just when your 30 points down)

4. Play with some good old fashion balls and determination (ie. Do what Davidson and Mott's do)

5. PHIL - Stop giving comments like, "it was positive to see that we didnt give up and we shot better in the second half" (not exact quote, but you get the picture) - AND F@%#ING DO SOMETHING. Because 'positive' second halves are not gonna get wins on the board.

I remember the days when you could go to the Dome (or Powerhouse) and pretty much pencil in a win for the sixers and you just knew it was going to be an entertaining night. Lets at least TRY and get back to that stage hey? Come on Phil and Mal... Give it a go fellas

Reply #161455 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Was that officially a reindeer bumping its arse on the moon?

Reply #161461 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

No money hey? Surely the Sixers didn't use all of Newely's salary to pay Mottram? There should still be some money in the coffers there.

Furthermore, if an import plays only 15 games then he obviously isn't going to get paid for a full season, like what the Kings did with Victor. And the replacement doesn't have to be super expensive either - I'm sure there are relatively cheap guys that would put up better numbers than Chappell and be able to play more than 30 minutes a game without getting fatigued.

Reply #161464 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Good points Rat10 there had to be money left over from
losing Newley to Mottram.
Surely someone can tell us if it is money the def. problem or not. I would rather see us play without him and give someone else a go rather than be embarresed as much as he must be at the moment if cant afford a new import.
Biggest trouble here is the club is not listening to its supporter base and that is disastrous to any club espec. a N B L team with slipping crowds.
We need to become a voice or otherwise we will put up with Chappel all year and Phil again next year and us long term season ticket holders will watching whatever on fox.

Reply #161469 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Atleast put your name down for a petition dumb ass! That's what a petition is not 20 anonymous'

Reply #161472 | Report this post

Fox 67  
Years ago

no blame for smyth on this one now. mightve given chappell longer to prove himself than he shouldve but by now would definately be wanting to make a change. cmon mal!!!!

Reply #161475 | Report this post

Cat 64  
Years ago

So it is smyth's fault the club is not willing to play out chappell's contract and then spend more money on another import who might turn out to be worse....

Reply #161478 | Report this post

Fox 67  
Years ago

i said "no blame for smyth"...

ps. lets not replace dench next year in case the replacement isnt better too.

Reply #161483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"So it is smyth's fault the club is not willing to play out chappell's contract and then spend more money on another import who might turn out to be worse....".

A worse import than Chappell? Are you SERIOUS?

Reply #161494 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I can't believe Chappell is still looking for his game, and the second "e" for his name.

CUT HIM NOW MAL OR FACE FURTHUR DROPPING IN FAN SUPPORT.

Reply #161497 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Hey, you guys are cool. You get to yell at Mr Hemmerling.
Can I hang out with guys?

Reply #161500 | Report this post

Camel 82  
Years ago

"Can I hang out with guys?"

dont see why not!! nothing wrong with hanging out with guys.

Reply #161501 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

lets not replace dench next year in case the replacement isnt better too

More likely, let's not replace Dench because he's under contract and paying him out will cost us dollars that we just can't afford. Whilst on the subject of money, how is that new whizz-bang scoreboard coming along? They seem to have gone quiet on it.

Reply #161502 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Tell us last time you got laid, & we'll post about our scoreboard. ;)

Reply #161503 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Last Night.........Or do you mean with an actual woman?

Reply #161507 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

DDFan, you're a complete idiot. We are talking about basketball, what dicko's sex life got to with it?

"Hey, you guys are cool. You get to yell at Mr Hemmerling." As if you wouldn't yell at the Sixers management right now. I can't believe the things the amount of reasonable comments that get critisized on this forum.

Reply #161510 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Saint Nick
DICKO took it how it was played & got me laugh'n again.
Get those kids off of your lap, & take a day off, you sad sack. :)

Reply #161525 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

OK, so if we don't have the money then just cut Chappell, and don't replace him.

I'm dead serious. Run Cooper at the 3 (he handles the ball ok and defends quicker forwards alright) with Copeland, or even Gerlach. Or run with any three of Maher, Davidson, Ng, Copeland, and Burdon (forget Sutton until he wakes up and finds his game), with two front court guys. Yes, we will get exploited on the boards and in the post, but so what. We are getting reamed at the small forward spot with Chappell each week anyway. So put some guys on the floor who maybe cause the opposition some problems in transition. Try to play like we did in the first half against West Sydney ALL the time.

You would be hard pressed to convince me that we would not be better off WITHOUT Chappell. Adding someone else in would be great but we can get better just by cutting his dead wood ass.

Reply #161535 | Report this post

Edinburgh 56  
Years ago

If it come to a stage where finals is out of the equation then i say cut dench and let dodman have a run.

Reply #161536 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

[quote="mutley"]OK, so if we don't have the money then just cut Chappell, and don't replace him.

I'm dead serious.[/quote]
Mutley, either register as a take-home drunken nefarious Bulldog bitch night out, & be be sent to the pound, or STFU. It's in your interest, to lay low. Believe me.
On the bright side, there could be a payrolled opening in 36er admin, tmatd's an absolute 'tard (not smart enough to have anoher go, & be a retard) so take the moment, & bring a fresh new face to all us paid up 36er fans.

Reply #161541 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

[quote="Edinburgh 56"]If it come to a stage where finals is out of the equation then i say cut dench and let dodman have a run.

Motts had the trots, should Dods've had a run on Satdy?

(Mod: Here, let me help!)

Reply #161542 | Report this post

Hood 76  
Years ago

could hardly have done worse than dench

Reply #161543 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The GOAT can shoot air balls at a better quality and clip than Dench

Reply #161545 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Wasn't talk'n about Axe, but if you want to sub in, you can wash your own underwear come next home game, when you p00 your pants homeboy.

Reply #161547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers won't sack Dench.

There is no money left to sack Chappell and get a new import!!!!!!!!!!

Like it or not, that's the case so I suggest everyone gets over their whinging and support the team for what's left of the season.

Sure to be many changes next season.

Reply #161550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there were many changes this past off-season but we still suck!

Reply #161563 | Report this post

frog  
Years ago

Yeah, get rid of Chappell before he becomes a club veteran so management has a reason to keep him around... Kinda like the coach.

Reply #161566 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Hey frog, pull your head outta your cloaca.
Sorry if there are any biologically aware impressionables kiddies lurking.

Reply #161579 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

So this is an official sack Chappell petition? How does it differ from "all the other sack Chappell Petitions" which does nothing more than critise this player? This is just more of the same. Anon 13823, what are you going to do with this information? Are you going to take it to 36ers Management and say "I am an anonymous fan but you should act on this information?"

Reply #161623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you've got a problem with anonymous posts why don't you put your NAME next to what you say.

Reply #161637 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Just curious about where this is all going.

Reply #161693 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Isaac - is it possible to have a filter on the site so we dont have to put up with seeing 'DDFan' posts unless we want to?

Reply #161698 | Report this post

E J 14  
Years ago

thatd be popular!

Reply #161706 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Or just subsitiute his posts with a random crap generator of some sort.

If it was truly random, odds are that 1 in every million or so would actually say something coherent.....Better odds than DD's I reckon.

Reply #161718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754