interested
Years ago

Country teams for Albury

How are the teams for the country cup in Albury shaping up for this year ? I believe they had their last practices on the weekend. Are any of the teams (boys or girls) a chance to win their respective grades ? Is the country side of things getting stronger or is that a misconception. Some of the kids names I have seen mentioned are pretty decent, spread across the age groups. I suppose logistics make it impossible for them to attend a SASI program so how do they make up for those lost opportunities besides moving to the city.

Topic #13830 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I predict this to degenerate into country v metro in........4 posts.

Boring.

Reply #161534 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

anon
What a small minded metrocentric self interested typically south australian comment from no doubt one of the small minded metro fraternity.

Interested, I believe the teams will be quite strong. They say the 16 boys will be quite a strong group this year. Here is hoping they all do well and have a good trip away and develop as players.

Reply #161549 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

There you go anon...it only took two.

Reply #161558 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I'm a victorian cat in the hat and I agree with the country guy. You south aussie metro's have a squalid mind set - very protective of nothing. Grow up and let the game grow.

Good luck country guys - I know our country kids have great fun there and the tournaments really well run.

Reply #161561 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Have heard the 18 girls might be a little on the inexperienced side?

Reply #161617 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The U16 Girls do not seem to have a lot of depth with the U15 team team going to port macquarie. It will be interesting to see how they go!

Reply #161638 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

There are a number of country kids that do SASI however they tend to be the ones that live closer and play district.

Reply #161640 | Report this post

Camel Toe  
Years ago

anon,

Sure your a victorian! (insert sarcasm here)

Reply #161647 | Report this post

hillbilly  
Years ago

cameltoe

may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits

Reply #161769 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:23 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754