Anonymous
Years ago

Which NBA Team Do You Support?

I just wanted to know how many of you actually strongly support an NBA team and how many of you like the NBA and like a few teams but don't fuly support 1 team. I would fit the latter discription.

Topic #13840 | Report this topic

TC  
Years ago

Boston Celtics, best team ever! I hate the Lakers, Knicks and Mark Blount. I also keep an eye on what the T'wolves are doing because they have half of our old roster, as well as whatever team has any Aussies on it.

Reply #161639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am a diehard Detroit Piston fan, since the bad boy days ive followed them. i also dont mind watching utah, there a well balanced team to, however my heart lies with the pistons and 36ers here in the nbl

Reply #161642 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Pistons are my team, always have been. Used too love watching Pistons v Bulls.

Reply #161643 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I like the look of the Rockets this year and hopefully they'll have Newley next year. Quite like Milwaukee what with Bogut, Villanuva (spelling?), Mason, Mo Willaims, Yi and Redd.

Why do you hate Mark Blount, TC?

Reply #161644 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Phoenix all the way!!

Also loved 'The Dream' and the Rockets of that era so always a soft spot for them.

Reply #161646 | Report this post

Pedro  
Years ago

GO the Warriors Excitement Machine

Reply #161650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dallas and Phoenix are my 2 most favourite teams.

also I hate Miami, Ref Salavatore, Bruce Bowen And Robert Horry!!

Reply #161652 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Spurs. Since the Robinson/Elliot days.

It's been a good few years. Sorry all you Phoenix fans!

Reply #161653 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Chi Town all the way... Biz, loved those years as well, even when Detroit were winning, tough hoops!

PS. Nice win over your boys couple of days ago....

Reply #161657 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Suns all the way. KJ back in the day led me to them.

Apology accepted doc. This year is our year

Reply #161660 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I follow Bogut and whoever is in my TSN team at the time. Don't really support one NBA team over all others though.

Reply #161661 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I am interested enough to read NBA threads and quietly follow what's going on, but since it was lost from FTA TV, not enough to say that I support any given team.

Reply #161663 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

My fav team is the utah jazz, with williams and boozer. Boy they are great players. But i would also say that im just a fan of the entire game. Love watching any team play(but prefer watching Utah)

Reply #161664 | Report this post

Emilio  
Years ago

DEEEEEEEETROITTTTT BAAAAASKETBAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!
Didn't realize we had some many Detroit Fans here. Good job boys!!!!

Reply #161665 | Report this post

Shorty  
Years ago

I loved Toronto Raptors when I was a kid - purely because they had a raptor as their logo!

I've kind of followed the Pacers for the last few years. That fight that broke out between the Pacers and Detroit in 2004 kept me entertained.

Nowdays I keep an eye out on the Heat, Suns, Pacers and Cavs.

Reply #161666 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Suns. Also keep an eye on Bogut and Bucks.

Reply #161667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sonics as like many Aussies I lived in Seattle for a couple of years working on the FFG Frigate project in the mid 80's.

At the time they played out of the Kindgdome & saw many of the greats (kareem,thomas,magic,bird etc, just missed out on seeing M.J.)plus Seattle had a couple of handy guys themselves at the time in Jack Sikma & Tom Chambers.

Reply #161668 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I jumped on the Suns mostly because of Barkley. Dont really follow the NBA that much anymore but do keep an eye on the Suns still from time to time.

Reply #161671 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

rockets - ever since the days of hakeem the dream, clyde the glide and sir charles. they rock-it.

Reply #161672 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

San Antonio Spurs from the Robinson era

Reply #161673 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

Dallas are my team all the way. I hate whoever they are playing!

However, i really enjoy watching Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili and Lebron

Reply #161675 | Report this post

rybags  
Years ago

Spurs Rule!

Reply #161677 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Bulls fan. Haven't followed the NBA though properly for a few years.

Reply #161681 | Report this post

Mass Effect  
Years ago

Gotta love how not one person likes an up and coming team .... everybody jumps on the current bandwagon ... or bandwagon from yesteryear. I mean how many people during the 90s were truly bulls supporters and still are ... with the retirement of mj, i'm sure many jumped ship and turned to the next powerhouse, and will do so again when the spurs, mavs, suns and Detroit start their downward spiral.

Reply #161691 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I said Chi Town, Mass Effect, from 88 till now.
Doesn't look like glory years at the moment... Maybe that is how you choose your team.

Reply #161694 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Used to be a big fan of the Twolves and the big 3... Cassell Sprewell Garnett... But seeing as they all gone been following pace with the celtics... KG the only one of the big 3 Makin some noise these days

Reply #161695 | Report this post

wallnut  
Years ago

Utah all the way. I have a liking for Golden State and Phoenix. Spurs and Detroit are boring.

Reply #161701 | Report this post

Mass Effect  
Years ago

No DB5, i have been a lifelong Bucks fan, was living in Milwaukee in 1968 and actually attended their first home game and have followed ever since, added bonus now with Mr Bogut, so don't accuse me of picking my team that way.

Reply #161714 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

LAKERS!!! hate spurs, hate ginobili, hate bogut.

haha i remember a few years ago everyone was a Timberwolves fan lol, anyone left?

Reply #161722 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Okay, but you can accuse everyone else of it?

Or is it a Chicago / Milwaukee thing?

Reply #161723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rockets!

Yao
Mutombo (not they he plays much anymore)
T-Mac
Steve Franchise
Alston

Oh yeah! Brooks looks like an exiting young gun too.

Reply #161724 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bobcats fan......

we suck.....

Reply #161728 | Report this post

Mass Effect  
Years ago

I was simply saying that i'm sure more than a few people jumped on the Chicago Bandwagon during their glory years .. and as sturty said "Chicago fans, Haven't followed the NBA though properly for a few years", which is a fair comment. I was just saying that the mid 90s chicago bandwagon was much bigger than the current, newest cavs and miami bandwagons that we have today.

Reply #161729 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

spurs pistons jazz all boring as! Fav team was Bulls, then Knicks when they had LJ Spree H2O & Ewing... now its any team with an aussie, also can't go past cavs with lebron & Suns cause of Nash...

Reply #161734 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Well each to their own, I have been a Bulls fan since '88 (we sucked then) obviously it was a MJ thing, then Pippen that got me into them. Right through the 90's (oh the glory years..) and to now (we suck now).

Sturty actually said he is a Bulls fan, but has not followed the NBA for years.
Go Bulls.

Reply #161736 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I am a big Spurs Supporter.. although teams i am interested in changes every year. Went from Lakers to Miami and Dallas to Boston. Have a soft spot for Chicago but i hate Detroit. :)

Reply #161741 | Report this post

i went for phoenix when they started winning. and when they stop being contenders, i will go for another team

Reply #161747 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Being a CELTICS fan for the last few years hasn't been an easy job, but this season looks great.

Reply #161755 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

KNICKS KNICKS KNICKS... once marbury is gone, we might be able to regroup and make some sought of run... oh and clippers, cant forget them

Reply #161757 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd want Isiah gone before Marbury if I was a Knick supporter. At least his contract is worth something at the end.

Reply #161762 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Jazz. I started following them when Pete Maravich was playing for them in New Orleans.

Reply #161764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Clippers, have been on board since 1994 when Loy Vaught, Malik Sealy and Lamond Murray were playing.

Have enjoyed the good with the bad, has been nice to see the Clips enjoy some stability the last few years as well see owner Donald Sterling spend some money.

Fully healthy I beleive we can make a run in the playoffs.

Reply #161774 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Have followed the Boston Celtics since watching the NBA Finals on free to air TV in 1981. The games were shown at 2:00am.

Boston vs Houston... Moses Malone vs Parish. Cedric Maxwell was finals MVP although Bird was already a star in his 2nd season!

Being a Celtics fan you had to hate the Lakers in the 80's, although I did get the opportunity to see Kareem Abdul-Jabbars last game at the Forum in 1989 which was amazing. Magic had 28 pts, 9 rebs, 24 assists!

But I still hate the Lakers to this day. GO CELTICS... it's great to finally be a contender again!

Reply #161777 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Ricey you poor SOB! Least the Clippers can be entertaining to watch I guess, while the Knicks are just entertaining to watch self destruct.

Reply #161785 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I feel your pain TR, also a Bobcats fan.

Hurt me deeply to see ESPN Plays of the Week with that Ray Allen buzzer beater. Especially seein as they show it every Ad break.

Reply #161799 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Don't really have a main team I support which caused me a great deal of confusion on a recent trip to the NBA store in New York. Ended up walking away with a Durant Seattle singlet, a Celtics T-shirt and some Clippers shorts, will need to make sure I stick with the one team on my frequent trips to the playground to avoid embarrasment.

I used to like the Bucks back when Ray Allen played for them so it was easy to get back on board with Bogut, big fan on the way the Suns play the game, but in a few years once Nash has gone I think my interest in them will fade. Like Boston this year too.

Reply #161800 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Supported the Bulls since 1985 (I think you can guess why). Stuck with them through thick and thin. Go Bulls.

PS. All Bulls supporters should have the Chicago Tribune Bulls' page in their Favourites. Click on the logo above to go there.

Reply #161816 | Report this post

Disco  
Years ago

Spurs man since they drafted David Robinson - And that was only because the Spurs were black and white like collingwood and David Robinson name was the same as my first name. Turns out it was a very good choice.

I actually remember buying a 5 ft poster on a chip board backing in the early nineties of the Admiral, it was belting down at the Caribeen markets in Melb and i turned it over so it wouldn't get wet, I had that hung up in my room for years whilst I was growing up, I wonder where it is now.............

Reply #161829 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

I'm a Kenyon Martin fan so I started out with the Nets watching them getting beaten by Shaq then when K-Mart signed with Denver so did I (minus the fan fare and millions). I dont have oppurunity to watch much NBA but I try to keep up to date on the web. At least this year I may have something to keep an eye on into the play offs, go Nuggets.

Reply #161833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i follow the celtics & have been since about 92...as far as my memory goes....+ i'm going to boston nxt yr to watch em play ..cant wait...

Reply #161878 | Report this post

ThE oNe AnD oNly  
Years ago

White Power

Reply #161882 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lakers here

Hate the spurs , from the Coach to the bottom of their roster

Reply #161903 | Report this post

whys everyone hate the spurs for? Cos they win?

Reply #162024 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Phoenix of course :)

Reply #165278 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

But also a fan of the up and coming Jazz

Reply #165279 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I am a Knicks supporter. I chose them as my team ever since I first fell in love with the game.

Sadly they are not the same as when I first discovered them.

I miss Ewing and his era.

Apart from that there are teams or combos that I like every year.

Right now Nuggets & Celtics I like.

I liked the Warriors once when it was Timmy, Spree, Mullin & Webb.

Reply #167229 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754