twenty four
Years ago

TJ Ford Seriously Injured

Bit of bad news from the NBA today. TJ Ford was fouled by Al Horford of Atlanta on a fast break and went down VERY hard. He lay still on the court before being stretchered off. For those who may not know, TJ suffered a terrible back injury while still with Milwaukee, requiring surgery and quite a period of rehab.

Check out the highlights of the game here, through the link on the right of the page. The foul is towards the end of the highlights.

Horford ended up getting ejected from the game, which after looking at the replay was probably a little harsh, but understandable.

Topic #13856 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Was just saying to Bizzy that it reminds me a bit of the Brad Hill injury. Hard, awkward foul but not malicious.

Reply #161940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spewn.. i really liked TJ's game and after an entire season off, when he had a i think a Bruised Spinal Contusion(a very serious injury) it was doubtful as to whether he would even play after that.

Now another set-back after he was in probably Career-Best form.

Reply #161943 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

stupid foul by al horford just smacked him in the face obviously not going for the ball. tj ford better recover cos he is playing really well. shame on al horford

Reply #161945 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Was it Mark Holden who fouled him??

Hmm supercar shenanigans..

Reply #161947 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

OMFG!!!! That joke deserves a neutering. IE...If DB% has little balls, they should be removed.

Reply #161952 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Filthy. Both players are in my fantasy team.

Reply #161953 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DICKO, just extra incentive for me to introduce those yellow cards. Now, should Dad Jokes be a +1, or -1?

Reply #161958 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No way, I got a ball for worse than dad jokes the other day! lol

DICKO, cheers, but they aren't little..

Reply #161961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Get a room you two!

Reply #161962 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

Link

Complete game. Clumsy but not intentional. Start at 2:01 to see the foul.

Reply #162009 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

i just watched that again and it really angers me, a nobody friggen al horford just makes no attempt at the ball and smacks tj ford in the face, what a wanker i hate al horford now

Reply #162030 | Report this post

Rodney  
Years ago

Ford was tearing it up that game as well. Anyone actually know how serious his injury is? On Sports Center they were talking more about how hard he his his head on the floor and not so much his previous neck injuries. Hopefully it's just a concussion and nothing more.

Reply #162034 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

just watched nba daily he is still in ATLANTA hospital, so he wont travel with the team until he recovers, nba daily also showed a birds eye view of the incident, makes me angry watching it

Reply #162038 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I must be missing something here. The foul didn't look THAT hard. It was just a slack attempt to guard him. Would like to see what the injury is. Didn't look that much on the video.

Reply #162058 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Anyone who reckons that Al Horford would deliberately smack anyone like that needs a reality check... It was pretty agricultural - there was zero malice in it... Clumsy play by Al - but that`s it... Hope that both players are not too scarred (in their own ways) after this...

Reply #162078 | Report this post

Get well TJ!  
Years ago

TJ has been released from Atlanta hospital and is walking in Toronto. The CT scans, MRI's and X-rays were all negative.

Before anyone bags Al Horford, he went and visited TJ in the hosptial last night along with Fords good friends Dominique Wilkins and Josh Smith. Ford told Horford he knows the foul did not have any intent of hurting him.

And Moses, the force TJ hit his head on the ground with caused his neck to fling back. He suffers from a condition (not sure what its called, something to do with his vertabrae) in which collisions like this can be fatal for him. Thats why there was such concern because he was close to never seeing a basketball court a couple of years ago in Milwakee where the same thing happened.

Reply #162082 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

Boom Patrol, like the others said you are way off base.

"I know that Horford feels awful about it," Colangelo said. "He spent a couple of hours at the hospital with (T.J.) last night and, true to T.J.'s form, he was probably doing more of the consoling. I think the kid (Horford) was pretty shaken up about it. He felt awful. I don't think there was any intention to do harm."

Reply #162087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754