kad
Years ago

Funny NBL All Star Game Tonight

Seems good so far but wow, those uniforms SUCK. How hard is it to put something good together? Who knows, if they are decent, you might even be able to see a couple..

Topic #13860 | Report this topic

pigdog  
Years ago

Score me someone

Reply #162002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gazey still has it, but has no fitness lol

Reply #162020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jawai monstered those world allstars...
I tell you what the gaze vs cafino shoot out was better then 2 nbl chumps shooting off!
Uniforms were avg

Reply #162021 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doesn't sound like many people watched it? Not many posts yet.

Game was decent. Most entertaining were Jawai, Barlow and Ingles for the Aussies and Homicide, Ere, Grizzard and Abney for the World side. Credit especially to Barlow and Homicide for their moves.

Raspberry to Rogers for ruining 2-3 dunks, one of which (Ere's) was set to be monstrous.

There was a suggestion from the friends with whom I watched the game that Jawai might've been set up a little for the MVP as, like with Newley, it could only help push him as an NBA option. Regardless, he was legitimately entertaining and his stats this season show it wasn't an accident - the Dwight Howard of the NBL. The league needs to market him heavily while he's still here - get that story and highlights to all the news services - how often does some young, local giant do what he did tonight?

Too many boring interviews lacking any insight whatsoever. Can't blame the players - not a whole lot that they can say.

Penney was great in the trials (20) and then went cold in the final (tired from the game?) - had a feeling that DeVries was going to be able to defend 14.

The worst thing though? The set up for the three point shoot out. The shooting comp at half-time at the last couple of 36ers games has been better organised. Put the rebounders in the key rather than behind the basket and have them getting the balls into those canvas trolleys, not bouncing back towards the shooter or knocking balls off the rack! You'd think this would've been obvious after the first shooter. Anyone else notice Penney get out there and rebound properly for most of the other shooters given that no one else was doing it? Lucky that none of the shooters landed on a rolling ball and did their ankle.

Ballinger and Redhage were pretty impressive for 18 of 18 from the field!

Reply #162023 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

All in all it was ok. It bothered me a bit when they interviewed the coaches and they basically both admitted that nobody would be playing any defense.

Interesting that Seamus McPeake was named as the main organizer of the event. I'm not sure why someone at the NBL wasn't leading the event. I think it says A LOT about how the NBL is run.

Reply #162027 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

There was a feature story on Sports Tonight last night about Jawai. They talked about the Lakers scout watching 3 of his games, and how Homicide thinks Jawai has what it takes for the NBA. He was very likeable when interviewed. Came across as a shy, nervous kid. Hates being called 'Baby Shaq' because he is his own man.

Reply #162067 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Homicide pulled some sweet street moves in transition as well..

Got it on record this morning, will check it out tonight..

Reply #162075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bugger, would've liked to have seen to sports tonihht story on Jawai.

Reply #162583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754