Run TMC
Years ago

NBA Trivia: Former ROY's

OK, off the top of your head can you name the only team in the NBA to currently have 3 former Rookie of the Year winners on their roster.

Bonus points if you can also name the two teams that have two former winners.

P.S. How much would John Casey love calling a game between any of these three teams - possibly up to 5 "Former Rookies of the Year" on the court at once!

Topic #13869 | Report this topic

Run TMC  
Years ago

The John Casey comment got me thinking about the NBL and how many former ROYs could actually be on the court together. The only teams that have more than one is Adelaide (if you count Newley, Dench is the other) and the Dragons (Heal in 1988(!) and Ingles last year). I wonder if Casey has ever referred to Heal as the "former ROY"?

Reply #162105 | Report this post

I know two NBA teams have the number 1 and 2 pick from the same year in their team

And whos the only person to win ROY, MVP and All star mvp in the same year. I wonder who that is

Reply #162108 | Report this post

And i think the Nets, they have vince and kidd, but i dont know. Phoenix have 2, hill and amare.

Reply #162110 | Report this post

Camel Toe  
Years ago

ELG got the two teams that have two:
Phoenix (Hill, Amare)
New Jersey (Kidd, Carter)

Anyone know the team with 3?

Reply #162111 | Report this post

Basket 35  
Years ago

Memphis!!

Damon Studamire, Pau Gasol, Mike Miller

Reply #162112 | Report this post

Run T  
Years ago

Reply #162113 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

You got it!

Memphis!

Reply #162120 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Another piece of interesting trivia is:

The Denver Nuggets have 5 top ten draft picks in their top 7 rotation.

Reply #162125 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Meanwhile, over the years the Clippers have probably had 5 top ten draft picks that wouldn't make any team's top 7 rotation.

Reply #162157 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Im beginning to like these NBA trivia threads... too bad I couldnt compete as I was busy

keep em up'

Reply #162178 | Report this post

Jkidd#5  
Years ago

does any team have a roster without a rookie of the year?

Reply #162242 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Think about how long players tend to play, how many ROTYs there've been in that time (there are 16 currently active I think), how many teams there are in total and that three franchises have 7 of the active ROTYs.

Reply #162249 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

ELG, I'm gonna say the one and only person that makes you warm and fuzzy all over - Wilt?

Reply #162258 | Report this post

come on, who knows my answer. The two teams with the 1 and 2 pick from the same year in the same team.

24: of course

Reply #162413 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Miami - Shaq and Zo.
Denver - AI and Camby.

Reply #162417 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754