Years ago

Best Defensive SF in the NBA?

Who's the Best Defensive Small Forward in the NBA?

Which one of the following would you say right now is the best defensive Small Forward in the NBA?

- Ron Artest
- Bruce Bowen
- Caron Butler
- Andre Iguodala
- Andrei Kirilenko
- Shawn Marion (He is technically a SF)
- Josh Smith
- Gerald Wallace
- Someone else?

IMO, it's Artest. He just goes so hard all the time, and is so versatile defensively, being able to defend strong or quick guys.

Anyway, make your choice and state your case.

Topic #13907 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Stevie Jax??? - Seems to be a different player since last years playoffs and having being made captain...

Reply #162628 | Report this post

Years ago

Even though he's one of my favourite players, I somehow totally forgot about Captain Jack. He definitely deserves a mention.

Reply #162629 | Report this post

the big cheese  
Years ago

shane battier, trenton hassell, prince, balkman.. not necesarilly best definatley up there. only ones on that list worth considering are artest and bowen. they are the only traditional lock down defenders on that list. the rest are more stat getters.. josh smith is an aweful defender

Reply #162631 | Report this post

the big cheese  
Years ago

awful

Reply #162632 | Report this post

Years ago

Seeing as I am a Pistons fan, how I also forgot to include Tayshaun Prince I will never know.

Reply #162634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gerald Wallace and Josh Smith for mine...

Reply #162641 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

haha Josh Smith! he racks up the blocks but watch him try and stay in front of his man.

Artest is the best there.

Ira Newble also a great defender although not seeing much time this year.

Reply #162721 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

tayshaun prince for me

Reply #162746 | Report this post

LR  
Years ago

AK 47 for mine. He can do the lot and can defend many positions on the floor. Very under rated.

Reply #162804 | Report this post

Kirra  
Years ago

I agree. The russian is a weapon. His steals and blocks per game are right up there with the best. Not only that, he can contain his opponent very well.

Reply #162805 | Report this post

bee  
Years ago

TAYSHAUN PRINCE!

Reply #162961 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

shane battier and josh smith.shane battier is the smartest nba player in the league

Reply #163122 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Gerald Wilkins
Ron Artest
Tayshaun Prince

Reply #167234 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754