skip
Years ago

Anstey picks up his third player of the week award

Triple treat for Anstey

The 213cm centre had game-highs of 36 points, 16 rebounds and six blocks as well as one steal and six assists as the Tigers scored a 98-88 win over the Dragons in front of a season's best crowd of 7,402 people. Anstey also converted on 11-of-12 shots from the free-throw line and 11-off-22 from the field.

A league Season high wasnt enough for Ballinger unfortunetly.
It was a three-way battle for the Player of the Week gong in Round 13, with Adelaide's Adam Ballinger and Brisbane's Ebi Ere also strong contenders.

Ballinger scored a career-high (and league season-high) 46 points and added 10 rebounds in the 36ers 104-77 demolition of the Singapore Slingers. The American netted 19 points and six rebounds in the second term alone.

Ere continued his push for MVP contention with a 42-point, 10-rebound effort for the Bullets as Brisbane scored a resounding 125-93 win over the New Zealand Breakers.

Topic #13932 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Worthy winner IMO. Was a close game compared to the Slingers match, and he dominated all over the court.

Reply #162912 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

Ballinger had a NBL season high in pts in a game yet he didn't get POTW, WTF??

Reply #162916 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

6 Blocks is a mean feat!

Reply #162918 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i rekon the blocks and the closeness of the game would have swayed it away from Balls

god dammit cant believe i just agreed with anstey winning anything

Reply #162920 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

C'mon ritz, you can't tell me you'd take 46/10 over 36/16/6/6. As good as Ballinger's performance was, Anstey just had an incredible all-round game.

Reply #162923 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Shoulda been BALLS.

Reply #162925 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

It should've been Anstey, good decision by the POTW crew.
The 36ers played the worst team in the competition and Ballinger had an awesome game, not taking anything away from Ballinger's game but cmon.... they beat the Slingers by 30 odd....
The Tigers on the other hand had a tight 10 point win over the Dragons who are higher on the ladder and much much better than the Slingers. Anstey had a monster game against a side that is fighting for the playoffs, where as Ballinger had a monster game against the cellar dwellers.

Still both awesome performances from Ballinger and Anstey, but Anstey did deserve it.

Reply #162927 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

6 turnovers, did someone forget to the tell the NBL judges?

Reply #162930 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

6 Turnovers and if i remembered rightly South are not that much higher then the slingers :p

Reply #162949 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anstey was a overtime away from a quadruple double.... IF Ballinger had got to 50, for a marketing point of view he wold have had to get POTW

Reply #162951 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kobe I agree, in fact there's a greater gap on the ladder between Tigers and Dragons than there is between Adelaide and Singapore. Makes Ballinger's result even more impressive. Not only that, the award could have been given to all 3 (Ere) as equal winners acknowledging all the results as equally the best although I still think Ballinger stood out more. That is not being biased only because the facts and results speak for themseves.

Reply #162967 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

EC, the facts and results do not speak for themselves. Period.

Noone could begrudge Anstey this one (except BIAS EC), that is one of the best stat lines for an all around game I have ever seen.

Reply #162971 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Those 6 turnovers pale when you have 6 assists and 6 blocks. The statistical count, as I've posted previously, was Ere 55, Ballinger 55.5, Anstey 75ish. Clear winner, just a shame it was in the same week as big games from the other two.

Reply #162977 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

if slingers are so bad piss em off...
C'mon Balls lets kill these tigers 2nite!

Reply #162983 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, does the statistical count deduct points for turnovers?

Reply #163385 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, definitely. You're overlooking 6 assists and 6 blocks. Anstey's statline was clearly the best of the group.

10 points (extra from Ballinger) vs 6 assists, 6 blocks, 6 extra rebounds and 6 turnovers. Even if you consider the turnovers cancelling the assists, you still have 10 points vs 6 blocks and 6 rebounds!

Reply #163404 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754