Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut as a third year

Where's he at. For a third year player he seems to be making pretty steady progress. This may be a reflection on the Bucks as a team but he should be dominating games at times, not happening.

Topic #13933 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

I think Bogut has picked up defensively this year. Whilst his charges are down his blocks are up. He has been criticized for his lackluster blocking in the past. This year he is attacking the inside shot as a 7 footer should and becoming dominate (at times) on the defensive end, well as dominate as any Buck and that's not saying a whole lot.

On the offensive side his assists are down a bit. He's averaging the same as last year in points and rebounds, but shooting a worse %. He really needs to improve his free throw % (56% is Shaq-like). His minutes are down a tad this year due to foul issues, but this could also equate to his improved shotblocking and going after the shooter.

The times I've seen him this year, Bogut and Mo Williams seem to have a very good understanding and work well together.

My biggest gripe with Bogut is his that he is inconstant. Look at his last 5 games as an example:

Minny: 8 points / 13 rebounds
Boston: 4 points / 3 rebounds
Orlando: 11 points / 9 rebounds
Sac: 14 points / 9 rebounds
Portland: 21 points / 5 rebounds

You are never quite sure which Bogut will turn up. The bad one (4 points / 3 rebounds) or the very good one (23 points / 12 rebounds / 4 blocks or 11 points / 17 rebounds / 5 blocks).

Reply #162914 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i frequent the realgm boards and they all seem to think the same re not sure who turns up, but they think he is a bit lazy or emo to the point where he does not look like he cares and kinda phones it in. Its a legit knock i think, he does have great games and others just really bad and you would like to think he would be consistent by now and upon that have better than average games. Also they kinda put a lot of his foul issues to the guards letting guys past and drew having to go for the block.

Reply #162932 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Anon Sounds like Bynum to me.

Reply #162945 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754