Lloyd
Years ago

Copeland on $25K as Geelong Head Coach

Unproven, never coached and on $25K! Amazing.
Apparently Geelong Bball are broke and Basketball Victoria are paying his fee to try and bring Geelong out of the gutter... stinks of North Melbourne and the AFL... leg-up.com.au

Topic #13938 | Report this topic

HO  
Years ago

very funny. This is Basketball Geelong not the Supercats, i doubt the Supercats would even pay their head coach 25k.

Reply #162966 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

You couldn't make a living for $25k. Would barely cover the relocation costs. Big deal.

Reply #162969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$25K is alot of money for a part-time coach. Only Division.1... it isn't championship.
Whats with BV getting involved?

Reply #162974 | Report this post

Stormappeal  
Years ago

So thats where our money goes, pitty it couldnt go into relocating our stadium out of North Geelong sewer its in.
Copes will be a big boost to a much needed program but $25Grand is a fair earner.
oh, and Copes is paying my BG membership next year!

Reply #162975 | Report this post

spanner  
Years ago

What a load of BS!!! Geelong Basketball are financially sound and BV are not involved in the slightest.

$25k aint that much and some ABA coaches are on $40k+.

Reply #162976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Geelong are not playing ABA are they?

No doubt the juniors fees will be going up...

Reply #162980 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Spanner, I have to argue with you on that one, I have never heard of coaches being paid $40k per season in the ABA, so where do you get your info from? $25k is a lot of money!

Reply #162982 | Report this post

OG  
Years ago

Geelong are only playing Div.1. $25K is massive for that level, massive.

BV are definitly involved, but you can bank on the junior fees going up min. 25% to fund this adventure - sure to make a few parents rise up and ask questions.

Reply #162984 | Report this post

octogon  
Years ago

Apparently Geelong basketball and the Supercats have had a tiff, don't have any alignment with eachother at all anymore & Geelong plan on changing thier name from the Geelong Cats to the Geelong Stingrays in a merge with the strong rep program down there Cario Bay Stingrays.
Who's running Geelong these days? I know the last guy got the boot a while back.

Reply #162986 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

LOL, this is a fraction of what Bruce Palmer gets at the Spartans.

Reply #162989 | Report this post

Braves  
Years ago

Not even close to half of what Bendigo pay!

Reply #162990 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I made two phone calls about this and it is a lot of rot. lets explode some myths:

1) BG are not paying copes anything like 25k (but he is being paid something)
2) BV are not at all involved
3) The Supercats are not changing to Stingrays
4) The Supercats and BG have never been aligned
5) There is a female now as GM of BG - Amy someone?

Nice trolling Lloyd, Og and Octagon - sorry about the rest of the suckers who believed this stuff.

Reply #162992 | Report this post

Ho the PI  
Years ago

Go Cats!

Reply #163015 | Report this post

bill  
Years ago

Is he worth $25K? Honest thoughts.

Reply #163057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ho, your on the money.

I am from Geelong and can back up what you are saying.

Lloyd, I hear you are going to coach 36ers next year for 25K...

Reply #163067 | Report this post

defensive stance  
Years ago

1. Amy Hawthorn is the General Manager at Geelong
2. Geelong is not merging it's rep program with Corio Bay (a bizarre suggestion)
3. There is a loose affiliation between Geelong basketball and the Supercats
4. If Geelong Basketball increase their fees much more their program will be abandon by players and parents moving to either the CorioBay/Life Be In It program or Bellaranine Storms program.

Reply #163084 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

and we care here in s.a because.....?

Reply #163104 | Report this post

smithers  
Years ago

I think it opens the question...

what should an ABA Coach be paid in the men and the women?

Reply #163107 | Report this post

also  
Years ago

also.... what would ABA coaches here in Adelaide be on?
one would think it would be worth doing for the money and baggings that occur on here, but would be interesting to know. Any one got any idea?

Reply #163121 | Report this post

hooray  
Years ago

hey octogon, you are close to the mark, by the way a former south adeliade panther player by the name of dan riches 2001 to 2003, is the coaching director of the corio bay stingrays,he has taken them a long way in just 3 years,say,s he learn,t a lot in adeliade, and learn,t a lot about basketball also, later, hooray

Reply #163344 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

,,',,

Reply #163346 | Report this post

boomersRLR1970  
Years ago

Geelong Basketball going down with the current President, GM not oo bad - too ref focused but its the Pres and board making them continuing to sink in old orth geelong.

Reply #173992 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754