Fezlington
Years ago

Shaq - Should he retire at the end of this season?

Shaqs numbers so far this season are 14.4pts and 7.6reb

His numbers have decreased in the last 4 seasons

Who here thinks The Diesel should hang up the boots?

How many seasons does he have left on his contract.....Anyone know?

Topic #13964 | Report this topic

copycat ;)  
Years ago

everybody can have a bad stretch of games... i wouldnt hang up the boots if i were him.. he is still a force in the paint and is recognised by the oppostion in defense... i think he still has gas in the tank to take him 2 more seasons!!

c'mon shaq!!

Reply #163386 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

1 more season, unless miami do some major reshuffling at the season end so they can have one more crack at the championship with Shaq in the side.

Reply #163387 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

To be honest, i think he is passed it. For some reason he just doesnt seem like the shaq of old...im suprised he is even gettin those numbers.

Reply #163418 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

...and he hasn't recovered properly from the huge tackle George Gregan put on him..........

Reply #163426 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

He has $20 million reasons a year to keep going.

Reply #163433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure he'll retire at the end of this season.

That's what my PS3 keeps telling me and surely wouldn't be wrong!

Also claims Celts will win the title so here's hoping it's got no idea!!

Reply #163434 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Retire from NBA and come and play with his boy hood Hero Kavossy Franklin for $50,000.

Sounds pretty good to me

Reply #163440 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Celtics, NBA champions 07/08, I'm calling it now.

In regard to Shaq, from a basketball fans perspective it would be great to see him retire when he's still a major force in the NBA, even if he's not the most dominant player anymore. However, NBA franchises are businesses, and Shaq still pulls in All Star votes, so I wager we'll see him for a few years yet.

Reply #163441 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Nutwork - did you say there are 20 million hamburgers a year for Shaq to keep going?

Reply #163446 | Report this post

Jkidd#5  
Years ago

Wow James W how did u ever come up with the idea that Celtics will win the championship

Reply #163464 | Report this post

Lyndon LaRouche  
Years ago

The Diesel's got 2 years and $40m left on his contract after this season and unless he and the Heat agree to a buy-out so he can go and help another team win a title I think he'll retire after next season.

If I were Shaq I'd get out of Miami fast as it's a sinking ship with a coach who's past it and being tuned out by the players. Shaq has shown this season he can still be the best big man in the league if he get's the ball evidenced by his demolition of Yao and Stoudemire and virtual draw against Howard.

Shaq is far from done although it might appear that way to some as he needs someone to pass him the ball which isn't happening on a team where they're all looking out for themselves and not playing an ounce of team ball. Shaq's still getting double teamed as he's still the closest thing in the league to a guaranteed two points. He's an exceptional passer (something lost on the junk around him) and if he can't score always finds the open man. Sadly for the Heat they don't really have anyone that can shoot now.

Personally I'd like to see Shaq and the Heat agree to a buy-out in the offseason and for him to sign with a team like Dallas who would become the instant championship favourites for next season.

Reply #163485 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Pfft, Dallas.... They have Dampier, why would they want Shaq?

Reply #163487 | Report this post

Yeah!

Shaq still dominates. The Heat need to honour him more

Reply #163591 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

5pts & 10 rebounds in todays loss in 29 minutes of play

Mind you he only had 4 shots

Wade, Cook and Ricky D took 55 out of the 84 shots they put up

I can see the big fella demanding a trade soon!!

Reply #164104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754