AK-47
Years ago

2K8 or Live 08?

Just wondering which game people think is better?

In the FIBA championship is Australia in there? Ive heard alot of people say that live is really crap? Is this true?

Thanks

Topic #13966 | Report this topic

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

2K8 craps all over live. especially on the new systems of PS3 and XBOX 360. So real life.

Reply #163399 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Havent played 2k8 but Live08 is very disappointing, Aust isnt in the Fiba thing and hardly any of the players have been updated from last season eg. Bynum's rating is still 61 while CWebb is still 88 or something. also, alley-oop plays hardly ever work anymore. and i dont think Yi Jianlian is in it? not sure.

Reply #163406 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh played both for a short time and it seems 2K8 is much much better in game play and player accurary. Bynam is a gun btw....gettin more minutes now and showing his talent.

Reply #163416 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

2k8 - first year for me on the 2k and loving it!

Reply #163424 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

2K8 by far, the gameplay, stadium, crowd graphics the animation all impressive. It is no longer a dunkfest and more realistic features aswell.

(Second year on the 2K for me :p)

Reply #163428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2k8 since way back

Reply #163453 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Another question. I always love the dynasty mode on live and i wasnt a huge fan of the association on 2k7. Is the 2K8 version of the association any good?

Reply #163455 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

The Association is a big winner for 2K8. More realistic than ever witht he addition of team/player options, defining roles for players, there are starting players, 6th man players, substitutes, bench warmers and you can define time for each player for games (if you want to sim) and each also some players might be expressive and troublesome (like an Artest or Byrant), neutral or laid back (like a Garnett). So now you can't just have Artest, Bryant and all stars on your team and be successful and not have the troubles that real life NBA teams have. Players will request trades if not given the amount of time they think they should be getting aswell.

Definately a huge step up from last year, the Association beats Dynasty easily.

Reply #163465 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

thanks 123abc sounds like it will be great i will definitely be getting 2k8 now
thanks to all for your input

Reply #163481 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

I personally have live 08 on PS3 and have played 2k8 on xbox and i prefer live. Its alot harder than 2k8 which may put some people off. If your after more of a nba jam style eg pick up and play 1 basketball game then something else then go 2k8 if your after a true indebth basketball to sink your teeth into go live08. graphics are better on 2k8 but.

Reply #163482 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

2k8 is way better. I borrowed live 08 overnight from video ezy the other week and it was way worse than 2k7. SO I decided to buy 2k8 and got it as a bargain from video ezy for $50[new not used].

- "The Association is a big winner for 2K8. More realistic than ever with the addition of team/player options, defining roles for players, there are starting players, 6th man players, substitutes, bench warmers and you can define time for each player for games (if you want to sim) and each also some players might be expressive and troublesome (like an Artest or Byrant), neutral or laid back (like a Garnett). So now you can't just have Artest, Bryant and all stars on your team and be successful and not have the troubles that real life NBA teams have. Players will request trades if not given the amount of time they think they should be getting aswell." -

Can you do that on PS2? Or is that only for Ps3/x-box? I havent been able to find it on ps2 and very curious to know..

Reply #163486 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

aint played 2k8 but would think the graphics wouldn't be as good. Also live is on the right track with everything, just doesn't run as smoothly as it should, or as we want it too with game play. Will make it interesting to see where it goes next year. Only real problem i have with live on ps3 is that theres no more updated rosters, only been one update, and its annoying as shit if i wana play against a mate and half the team is wrong.

Reply #163491 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

2k8 by a landslide... live has been going backwards. Played live whilst at work and it sucked (compared to 2k8) and I'd rather walk out onto the road and get hit by a truck then spend money purchasing the game.

Association is great... It the only place where I can get the Bobcats into the playoffs.

Reply #163509 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Association:
http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/1132

Review:
http://au.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nba2k8/review.html

Reply #163511 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

most reviews give 2k8 the thumbs up for pure basketball sim.

2k8 Association wins over live dynasty.

They seem to be comparing live08 as being just a bit better than 2k7! and still a way behind 2k8.

If your open to learning new controls and more options for gameplay than you will not be dissapointed with 2k8.

If your live thru and thru (like i was till this year) you wont be dissapointed with live08. you just wont know what ur missing out on from 2k8!

Reply #163519 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Thanks again 123abc that link really helped. It cleared any remaining doubts i had about the association. Cheers

Reply #163521 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

www.nba-live.com

full of updates for live 08, which is great as I can now play with proper rosters, and finally get some 'legend' teams and even the Molten ball used for FIBA games. Sweet

Reply #163563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a question.

I have NBA Live 2005 on my PS2 (yes I do plan to upgrade both when I have some more $$$). Is there any way I can update the rosters to make them more current?

Cheers.

Reply #163576 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I ended up getting 2k8 thanks to those who contributed to this thread

Reply #163958 | Report this post

duma  
Years ago

just got nba 2k8... hooked on this game... best ever... who wants to play online?

Reply #164809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754